Chapter 7: Saving Aejung

Fall From Grace
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hi pips,

The reason why I wrote the notes before the major content is that, maybe you won't read this if this is posted in the end.

Guys, we'e on Chapter 7! Congrats to us~

Anyways, since we're on C7, please please pleaseee comment down your thoughts. How was the chapter? Are the major charaters consistent so far (our ol' dear Jikook, for instance)? What else would you want me to add on this story? Your expectations? That's the only way I would know what direction would you want the story goes. I won't mind you guys fangirling/fanboying over BTS in here or even having constructive critisims, I'll always reply.

I talk to much. LOL. Maybe you should begin reading! Haha. Please enjoy~

 

The problem with Jungkook is that he doesn’t have an aura.

Aejung is easy, since she have this dark aura that I can see every day, plus the things I hear about her, although I would really want to know her side. But Jungkook is different. I don’t know if he is from Hell, wanting to ruin Sidus’s mission, or from Heaven, sent by the Lord to help me (maybe in finding Sidus and Melodael) or the other way around (I could not deny that there is possibility that he is Sidus and I am just his celestial sidekick). If he’s here so we could help each other then it would be great, since I am so lost right now, but if he’s a devil pawn then I cannot predict when he will do something bad to anyone.     

I cannot just let him do what he wants.

Aside from the fact that he doesn’t have an aura (or that he knows how to keep his aura from my sight), he is also incredibly suspicious because of his actions. I haven’t seen him smile to anyone because he generally doesn’t care, but his actions with Aejung seemed suspicious. One time he’s kind to Aejung, saving her life, other times he would be rude to her to that point that he urges me not to talk to her at school. The kids doesn’t even know that we three are living on the same building.

Also, the telepathic message. Even he joked about it, I cannot forget it. I know a mental message once I heard it, even my mind is hazy. It is as if my body was used to conversing so much through my mind. It really does bother me. If he can do that then it meant he is not just an earthborn, because only spirits can do that – spirits that are just burrowing an earthly body to roam on Earth more solidly.

Now every time I am with them I became stiff. I try to act normal as possible, of course, but trying to act just would not do. There is no day that Seokijn or Hoseok would ask me if something’s wrong, and I always answer that I’m fine. I am fine, physically, but thoughts are clouded and heavy. Jungkook would not show anything suspicious after that day he sent me that telepathic message. Maybe he’s taking caution. But not until now.

I am sitting beside Jungkook uncomfortably, shifting on my seat every minute, in Hoseok’s car he was calling Diana (I do not know the logic behind earthborns naming their nonliving possessions, though). Thankfully Jungkook didn’t notice me because he’s so busy sight-seeing like he didn’t see much of the town, and the other two are in front. Earlier this day Seokijn and Hoseok decided that we go on a movie since it’s Friday. Jungkook did not argue, almost happy that his friends said that, and they decided they won’t go without me. I sighed and just nodded. Now I’m in the car, half-wanting to go out and run to opposite direction from them, and half-wanting to just get through it. In the end I didn’t have the chance to run because Hoseok was already starting his Audi.

 

“Hey, isn’t that Aejung?” It was Seokijn who first saw Aejung, since he and Hoseok were in front. I and Jungkook followed where Seokijn was pointing, and I confirmed it was Aejung.

 

She is staying down the sidelines, in her school uniform, and talking with a man. Somehow you will think that that man is Aejung’s boyfriend, if you haven’t known her at all.

But then, both I and Jungkook know her. We know that Aejung doesn’t have a boyfriend. She merely sees everyone as a friend, so why would she have a more intimate relationship with anyone?

 

“I think… She’s being robbed.” Hoseok and Seokijn know better, too.

Jungkook looked at me nervously before smacking Hoseok in the head, which is rather rude. “Hoseok, stop the car.” He said after we passed her, and although Hoseok was kind of shaken by Jungkook’s sudden attitude, he stopped the car. Jungkook went out the second the car’s wheels screeched by sudden stopping, and came running towards Aejung. I followed and I do not really know if I was calling Aejung or Jungkook’s name, or if I exchanged their names as I looked between them while running.

 

When Jungkook reached the man he suddenly punched him. The man, utterly surprised, stepped a few feet away from Aejung and looked at him while brushing his lips with the back of his hand. I ran to Jungkook’s side just before he can receive the man’s punch, suddenly wanted to block him from the man, but it isn’t his fist that went to me.

The robber made this odd angle with his fist, raising his wrist above his head instead of levelling his fist with his shoulder. He ran toward us and I am determined to block his attack, only to realize that he is holding something – a shiny something – and my mind left completely blank. He is so fast that I didn’t have the time to think, so I just closed my eyes and put my hands above my head and crouched, waiting to be stabbed but praying so hard that it won’t happen.

It never came. I looked up, slowly, one eye at a time. His hand was still holding the thing now I see a knife, but it was suspended only inches away from me, midair, so he cannot continue the momentum. It was like there was an invisible wall between us and his hand is glued to it. I looked at Jungkook, feeling the amazement, suspicion and curiosity surging through me. He may reflect the same expression as I have. And although he really looked so dumbfounded I cannot erase the feeling of suspicion. A weird thing happened again.

Jungkook stomped the robber’s gut, just before Aejung opened her eyes, freeing him from the invisible wall of glue. His face was contorted because of surprise and fear.

 

“How could you rob a girl? Maybe you’re not so strong that you only take advantage of the weak ones.” Jungkook said before grabbing Aejung’s hand. They walked away, and I can hear both Hoseok and Seokijn’s screams of reinforcement.

           

I waited for the both of them. The robber was already running before the two reached me, glancing at me as he did, like me and my friends are the scariest teenagers he had met so far. I silently prayed we will also be the last teenagers he would meet.

We followed Jungkook and Aejung, and saw them in an empty, small playground. Aejung is sitting on a swing while caressing her right arm and Jungkook is standing beside her. No one is talking, and so we decided to fetch Jungkook.

 

“Man let’s go.” Hoseok said as he walked past me and Seokijn. Jungkook looked at us and then to Aejung.

“What about—”

“I’m fine, you guys can go. I’ve cost you enough trouble today.” Aejung cut Jungkook. She finished just after I and Seokijn arrived beside Hoseok. She looked so weak now, and so her voice.

“Good you know.” Hoseok glared, and I held Hoseok’s shoulders to calm him.

“Hoseok, don’t be too hard on her.” I said, and Hoseok didn’t reply. I know he must’ve been really angry at Aejung, so I am surprised that he stopped glowering at her. He sighed and in one second his face softened.

“Jimin’s right. Besides we can’t leave her now with this kind of situation. We can at least call a taxi.” Jungkook looked at me like measuring my whole existence, and for once I felt like I am suddenly . It wasn’t at all uncomfortable, the literal -in-his-mind thing, although what made me uncomfortable is that it is like he knows something I don’t. And he’s being good to Aejung again, I added in my thoughts.

 

It was Seokijn who called a cab while we three stayed by Aejung’s side. When Seokijn got one, we walked Aejung and watched her until she was inside. Jungkook payed for the fee, since it seems like Aejung lost everything a while ago.

Because of the incident we didn’t catch the movie so we just stayed to Hoseok’s. He lives alone, like me and Jungkook. But unlike my house, his is a bit messier and much bigger. The guys comfortably sat on the couches, and I had to look around before I sat on the floor.

The walls were colored off-white aside from the embossed light yellows around the TV. The couches were arranged as if to have two living areas. There was a couch facing the flat-screen TV, which was standing over a low, bright, yellow table. Another couch was facing the right wall. A side-table was aligned to the armrest of the couch facing the TV, and at the center rests a low, white ceramic coffee table, almost a meter wide with cream carpet below it. Above us were three connected round light fixtures, arranged to form a triangular shape.

On the other side another couch was placed behind the one facing the TV and a longer couch just beside it. The coffee table and carpet were identical to our table and carpet, and above the table also had three light fixtures, but shaped like lampshades and arranged in a straight line. The windows had no curtains but instead blinders, and at the other end was a six-seater dining set with the same colors of cream and white ceramic.

 

Hoseok sat on the floor beside me after putting our foods on the table, and rummaged through the stack of CD’s beside the TV. After he found what he was seeking, he turned to us. “Guys, this is new. Should we play it?”

 

We agreed without second thought. We played up until late night, occasionally picking and opening a soda or pack of chips and transferring it into a bowl. Good thing they were also new to the game so they didn’t get suspicious when I began pushing the buttons of my controller at random.

           

Please log in to read the full chapter