Chapter 3: Tea of Dreams

Fall From Grace
Please log in to read the full chapter

“IQUIT!” I yelled after I rolled on my bed.

 

Yes, I didn’t have a good night’s sleep tonight. And yesterday night. And the night before that. And the night before that night. It’s the fourth night that I’m awake, and I really don’t know what to do.

We angels do not sleep because we don’t need such things to sustain our bodies. Soldiers of the Lord are designed to be ready at all times, for humans and for the mission that Lord will give, which the Lord gives when the Lord fits giving it. When earthborns have only fixed hours of work, we angels are receiving orders any time of any day.

But then since I am on an earthborn’s body, I was sure I could sleep without bearing a single sweat.

But right now, not only sweat has gone into my body, but also the black things around my eyes. Maybe I do not look as angelic as I was but all the same good-looking enough to call angelic, and now my almost-angelic face became uglier.

I breathed. This is not happening to me.

 

When I got bored on trying to sleep, I’m going down the closet and turning the knob several times, but all I can see is a shred of Heaven’s light, filling the whole place. I tried to go inside, but no such luck. I was bounded back to the living room. I waited inside the open closet, but still no answer even if I waited for several hours.

When I lose hope, I kneel there and pray. I pray for a simple sleep. That’s all. This all sounds funny but I cannot complete the mission without sleeping first.

Right now I’m already sitting on my bed and messing with my hair. I’m so exhausted and so sleepy that my eyes are ready to fall out, but I really don’t know how to sleep. I only know that earthborns are closing their eyes when sleeping, but even I do that my conscious mind won’t just shut off. I wish I could do what earthborns are doing, even for one night. I wish the Lord won’t make this hard for me. I mean, if the Lord wants someone to be saved that fast then I think the Lord should give me sleep right now.

And then something crazy had hit me.

 

If angels could really think something crazy, then we would probably roam around the world sending message that every earthborn must come out . But then, no angel was made to be that crazy.  Mission-wise, we are so dedicated, so no one would have a free time doing crazy things like that.

So maybe I have so much free time, or that I just am desperate.

Nonetheless I welcomed the idea. I smirked while going off my bed. I wore my jacket and went out of my apartment, and then went to 1601 and rang the doorbell there.

Jungkook may not be a good choice. He is not really friendly. When we crossed our paths down the hallway he would scowl at me. One time we came across the laundry area and he kept muttering about me being bothersome. I learned in those days that he would never be my friend, but maybe he would understand me. He’s a man, after all, and he should understand when a man needs his help.

I tried to knock and doorbell again, but no one’s answering. I tried another round of knocking and ringing the doorbell, but still no one answered. Maybe no one’s around. I discovered that Jungkook sometimes goes out of his apartment, but I haven’t seen him away at night.

 

I looked at the apartment beside him. Aejung is much worse. She never showed herself after Jungkook (and I, I guess) saved her, and that first and last meeting with her seemed not well. Besides I promised myself never to meet her again, intentionally or unintentionally. It just that, her black aura was unsettling. It gives me goosebumps just by thinking it.

But since maybe I am that desperate, I decided to go to Aejung’s next. I sense that Jungkook would not open his door even if he is on the other side, so I guess Aejung’s help would be welcome too.

I moved on the next door and did series of knocking and pushing doorbell button. Well at least this I know that someone is on the other side.

Not unless she tried to kill herself again.

 

“Hello?” I asked while knocking the door, now feeling a sense of dread. She could not kill herself now. Not after saving her. It makes my efforts useless.

After another series of knocks, Aejung opened the door, her hair is a mess, her eyes are closed and her face crumpled like she has a constipation.

“What in the world?!” She asked angrily, but when she opened her eyes and saw me, her face went back to normal, though her eyebrows are still creased in place.

“Ugh… Can I come in?”

“You can’t.” She saw me frowned. “It’s in the middle of the night and I’m trying to sleep.” She said coldly. It’s like my heart was stabbed by the ice made of her coldness. My dreams of sleeping seemed to be shattering tonight, before my eyes, but I won’t be budging that easily.

“That’s what I’ve been doing for four straight nights.” I replied. Then her eyes widened like she heard something really impossible. And then as if she only saw my big, blackish eyebags, she opened to say something.

“Oh my God.”  She said in an almost nonchalant tone. Despite her showing blunt disinterest, it was her comment that made me roll my eyes. It’s my first time doing rude things like these. I assure you, angels do not roll their eyes.

“The last thing I want to hear is God being an expression of surprise.” I said as angrily as I can, but she ignored me. How dare—

“Jimin, are you really n

Please log in to read the full chapter