Chapter 4: Angel of God

Fall From Grace
Please log in to read the full chapter

I went out of my unit after changing my clothes to a more suitable one for the weather. I really needed some air today after what happened to me last night. The thing is, illusion or not, it is not so easy to ponder.

I felt the sun on my skin the moment I went out of the protective roofs of the apartment unit. I looked at the sky and breathed; the sun is shining like there’s no problem in doing its mission here on Earth. I turned away when the heat started to burn my eyes, and then I sighed. If I can’t clear my mind and look for a possible solution for this problem, then I won’t be able to ascent again. I cannot accept that. I have to go back even if it takes all to do it.

I walked to a nearby park and sat on one of the benches. I am trying to think about everything that happened, starting from the beginning, when an elderly woman passed by and some heartless man bumped her. The old woman hit the cement just I was about to stand, and I glared at the man as he cursed at the woman. Maybe feeling that I saw the whole scene, he turned his eyes on me, and somehow I can see the fear in his eyes but hid it by cursing under his breath and spitting beside the woman before walking away.

Really, if the Lord had just said I could miraculously make that earthborn a goat, maybe I did it already. Thankfully for him that the Lord said I should not use miracles while staying on Earth or else that man—

Wait, that’s what the Lord had reminded of me before going down…

I ignored everything about the mission for a moment and helped the old woman stand. She took my hand thankfully and stood up.

 

“Thank you,” she said, her smile is as warm as the sun. And then suddenly her smile faded replaced by an uneasy stare. She blinked many times and began holding my cheek. “An angel of God.”

 

My mind went blank. What did she just say?

 

“You’re an angel of God.” She repeated. My eyes became wide in (late) response, but she just smiled at me warmly. “A little advice, young angel.” Maybe sensing my surprise she inched a bit from me and pointed her finger, like a mother when she’s reminding her son. “Do not overthink too much. Trust your intuition.” She placed her hand on mine and she passed me something like a piece of paper.

 

She smiled at me before walking away. I tried to call her and walk to her, but she was gone already, so fast like a moment ago when she came by.

I went back to the bench and sat, still holding the piece of paper in my hand. I do not know what’s written in the paper she had given, or if there is really something in there. But she knew I was an angel. If she will give me a piece of paper, then maybe its content is important.

First things first. Like what the old lady had said, I tried not to overthink. I took my time to ponder again from the start, and now I can see the things in between what I saw a while ago. Last night I closed my eyes before going back to Heaven, which is weird because it isn’t Earthly possible. The only possible way to go to Heaven is the Passage in my closet, and I’ve never opened the closet last night. Even if I opened it, I am so sure that I cannot enter Heaven through that passage.

Also, I am sure I was wearing my earthborn clothes when I went to Heaven. Angels go back to their angelic forms once they enter Heaven, that is the normal one. I didn’t, so that makes the situation not normal. Also, before I woke up I remembered collapsing after feeling tired. Did I say this isn’t possible too?

Yeah, I said some time ago that someone cannot feel anything that resembles pain in Heaven. And being tired is being in pain.

 

So, that sums up. I had a dream, an illusion.

The scroll said I will remember once I had my sleep, but if I really slept and dreamed last night, then why can’t I still remember anything? All I can remember is what I had experienced here on Earth and that dream and nothing more.

Screw my memories. All I know is that, whether the mission is for me or not, I had that vison for a reason. Maybe I would be the one helping that angel Sidus in protecting Melodael, and I should know where she is. I should seek all the lands of the Earth, if that will be the only way.

 

“Save her…” I mumbled as my mind caught those last words. That’s what the Lord had said to Sidus in my dream: save Melodael from the darkness. Those are also the same words I only remembered on my first day here. “Can you help me a little bit more, my Lord?” I looked up and asked, but sighed when I felt it seemed wrong. I cannot ask for more. In fact, I should be thankful that the Lord already made efforts to help. The dream, that old woman… I am not moving on with this mission if not because of them.

 

I forgot the paper. I looked at it, now crumpled against my hand, and started to open it when I saw some kids walking wearing the same uniform I had in my closet. And then it dawned me.

 

It is the first day of school!

 

I ran to my unit and changed to uniform as fast as I could, pocketing the paper with a promise of opening it after class. I saw a bag at the foot of my bedpost and I grabbed it before running to the school.

Speaking of, where is that school?

I stopped at the hallway and about to rummage my bag for a map when I saw Jungkook coming out of his unit, fully dressed in a uniform too. I stared at him, and he back at me.

 

“Oh Jimin, it’s you.”

“Yeah.” I replied and began rummaging my bag.

“So you’re the transfer student our teacher was talking about last Friday.” He said, and that caught my attention.

“You mean―” And then I saw the school crest on his coat pocket, the same crest as mine. He showed a small smile and walked to me.

“If you like, you can join me.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.” He smiled again, and that sent some warning bells. I didn’t trust this guy, much less when he smiles. It got weirder when he surround his arms around my shoulders. I instantly jerked away.

“Thank you.” I managed to say. “Let’s go?”

 

Right now I don’t know how to go to school, and since Jun

Please log in to read the full chapter