Chapter 5: Darker

Fall From Grace
Please log in to read the full chapter

I walked out of Miss Hwang’s room after my new homeroom teacher, Mr. Seo, came. He is tall, maybe on his late twenties, and so handsome almost all of the girl students were gawking at him and shrieking as we walk past them. Even Miss Hwang from a while ago seemed fascinated to see him. He had his careful stance, the one that would always make him mysterious. I think that was the ladies like more than his looks.

 

“Come in.” Mr. Seo said, and I was startled that I almost jumped before entering. I walked inside the room for class 2-C slowly, scanning the room for some familiar faces. I saw both Jungkook’s and Aejung’s, and then nothing familiar. (And so I bowed my head upon reaching a feet beside Mr. Seo.)

“Hello everyone, my name is Park Jimin. Hope we can be friends.” I said and Mr. Seo pointed a seat, just behind Aejung.

 

My seatmate on the left is sleeping, his mouth forming a saliva, almost threatening to slide down his cheek. I thanked the Lord. At least he cannot bother me with questions I still do not know how to answer. I focused next on Aejung. She’s looking at the window, uninterested or even oblivious on the happenings here inside the classroom.

Mr. Seo said something more before walking out. Students started standing up, chatting with their friends, even the man sleeping beside me was now miraculously stretching his arms while a girl waited beside him, but Aejung didn’t even move. She continued staring at the window, almost dissatisfied, and I’m about to stand and talk to her when Jungkook arrived beside me.

 

“Hey, I wanted you to meet my friends.” Jungkook said with a sly smile. I blinked at Jungkook and then studied his friends, but they seemed normal enough.

“This is Hoseok,” he gestured to the tall man in his right with carefree, brown eyes, wearing his uniform under his varsity jacket and an inverted baseball cap on his dark brown hair. Considering the layers of clothing, I still can see his athletic body. “And this is Seokjin,” he motioned the other with his head next. Seokjin is taller than the both of them by at least three inches, with a beautiful face and red hair. Anyone could mistake him as a geek because of his square glasses, but no one seemed to . Maybe because of his lean and tall body or his calm and unafraid yet distant, dark eyes or because Jungkook and Hoseok were with him.

 

Jungkook then looked at the both of them and tried to introduce me. “Guys, this is Jiminf. He’s my neighbor so I know him.” Jungkook finished, and Hoseok started to walk to me and put his arms around my shoulders like we were old friends.

 

“Hey man, let’s take the awkwardness off and just be comfortable, okay?” Hoseok smiled. “They said your family is on Hawaii.”

“Oh, yes.” I said as I looked at him. “How did you know?”

“Just heard it somewhere. Anyway, how about we go house-hopping to your house and Jungkook’s some time?”

“Told you Hoseok, my house’s not open for you guys.”

“That’s not fair. You’re hanging out in mine for like forever!”

“I just started hanging out with you,” Jungkook pointed out with a sigh.

 

They continued bickering. I looked back at Aejung, and she didn’t took her eyes off the window. I tried to peek at the windows too, to see what interested her, but apparently Hoseok’s firmly holding my shoulders that I can’t even move my upper body.

After some minutes our second teacher went in. She is maybe on her mid-twenties, plain. The students went back to their seats, including Jungkook, Hoseok and Seokjin, and our teacher started to teach of things I didn’t even understand. Things that earthborns were seeking since Adam and Eve ate the Fruit. The things they call science.

I shifted on my seat. Should I learn this one too when in fact these things only existed due to earthborns’ lack of faith and constant need for satisfaction? Angels do not lack in faith, much less need satisfaction. But I guess I c

Please log in to read the full chapter