All Giddy Inside

Nine Point Eight.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I feel strangely extra happy today, why is that?

 

It was a Saturday which means no classes. As soon as I woke up, I went to the bathroom to freshen up- washed my face and then brushed my teeth. After that I went down to the kitchen to make some coffee. As I waited for the water to be boiled, I checked my phone to see if I got any notifications. Surprisingly, I had one. A friend request in Facebook.

 

I wonder who this is.

 

I clicked on it to see who it is and the name popped out. Tiffany Hwang. I clicked on her profile picture to see if it’s the Tiffany I know.

 

Yes, it is her. So, Hwang is her last name. I nodded in amusement as I accepted her friend request.

 

I turned off the water heater and poured some into my mug and grabbed the sachet of instant coffee then stirred it before checking her profile. As I was browsing through her photos I noticed that almost every item she has on her pictures are pink.

 

Is her favorite color pink? I chuckled. Now, that’s interesting.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

After I finished drinking my coffee and ate breakfast, I went back upstairs and into my room. I plopped my body down the bed and help my phone right above my face and sent her a message.

 

‘Hey. Did you get home safely last night?’

 

Tiffany replied, ‘Yeah, I did. How about you? How did your family dinner went?’

 

‘It was. You know, the usual. Just ate and chatted for a bit then we went home.’

 

Our conversation went on and on for hours until we bid each other goodbye.

 

‘Hey, Taeyeon I gotta go now. I still need to wash the dishes or my mom will kill me. It was nice talking to you ^_^’

 

‘Oh, okay then. It was nice talking to you too 😊. Bye’

 

‘Bye’

 

I placed my phone on the bed and rolled over the mattress. A few minutes later, I heard a loud thud coming from the floor. . My phone. I quickly stood up and crouched down to the floor to get my phone. Thank God, it’s still in pieces. I sighed in relief. I immediately went back to bed after picking up my phone and without even realizing I dozed off.

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

 

I sat up and checked my phone after a nice nap. Oh, there’s a message. I clicked on it to see who’s the message from and saw it was from my Yuri.

 

‘Yo bud, belated happy birthday. Sorry for the one day delay haha but don’t worry, I’ll come by your house at 3 and bring your present 😉.’

 

I looked at the clock and saw that it’s three o’clock already. I went to the sink and washed my face and wiped my face with a towel. Suddenly, I heard the doorbell rang. I quickly tossed the towel on the couch and went to open the door.

 

I turned the knob and saw a familiar face, “Yul!”

 

Yuri shoved the gift to me then gave me a hug, “Happy Birthday, Taeng!” She pulled away.

 

“Wow, you really did buy me a gift. Thanks, bro.” I beamed a smile.

 

“No worries.” Yuri winked playfully. “Wow, you grew your hair so much.”

 

“It’s been months since we last saw each other, Yul. Of course, it’ll grow longer.” I playfully flicked her f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter