Night Lit Sky

Nine Point Eight.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let's find a space at the front portion so we can clearly see the guests.” Jessica said while looking around.

 

Tiffany pointed somewhere, “There! there's a big space there at the middle-left, In front of the stage.”

 

Everyone turned their heads to the direction Tiffany was pointing to. “Hey, I'm off” I said while they were searching.

 

“You're not staying?” Jessica looked a bit sad.

 

“Yeah, Taeng. You're not gonna watch the concert?” Tiffany added.

 

“Hmm Nope.” I smiled awkwardly.

 

“C'mon, Stay. This kind of event only happens once or twice per school year.” Tiffany tried to argue. “It'll be fun. This is our first time too, you know.”

 

I thought about it for a while and gave in eventually, “Hmm okay. I guess I can stay for a little while.”

 

Sooyoung popped out of nowhere, “GOOD THEN! C'mon guys, let’s go find us some seats.”

 

We walked past groups of people here and there before we reached our destination. It was getting quite dark and the field's getting too crowded. Woah, so many students here to see the concert. I was getting overwhelmed by the number of people so I sat down.

 

I was seated in between Tiffany and Jessica and in front of me was Sunny, Sooyoung and Yoona. Seohyun had gone home because she needs to run some errands for her mom. The concert hasn't started so I talked to Jessica.

 

I played with the grass, pulling it occasionally. “What course are you gonna take after this? Do you already have something in mind?”

 

She thought for a while before answering, “Maybe Psych?”

 

“Oh, Why psychology then?”

 

“Hmm I like reading other people. By the way they act or feel. You know, going into someone's mind. It's interesting.” She played with her fingers and looked at me. “You?”

 

I hummed, “Architecture.” I placed my head on top of her shoulder. “I like drawing. designing buildings and such.”

 

Tiffany reached her hand over my back and poked Jessica. Jessica then looked at her and mouthed, “What?”

 

Tiffany grinned and mouthed back, “Nice one.”

 

Before Jessica can even pry Tiffany away, I removed my head and rested my chin on top of my knees. I started playing with the grass again, this time pulling them from the ground and putting them on top of Jessica's head.

 

“Grass monster~” I laughed hysterically.

 

Jessica gave me an icy glare, “YAH!” she then pouted and did the same thing to me.

 

I patted off the grass she put on top of my head and she helped me removed it. After a while, the concert finally started. There were two emcees on stage- a girl and a boy. They kept making pun jokes that was so corny, in my opinion, but nonetheless they were good speakers.

 

I felt Tiffany's arm moved and reached over my back again, poking Jessica in the process. “Wanna change positions?” Tiffany whispered quietly but to no avail, I still heard it. I chose to just shrug it off.

 

Jessica whispered back, “No.” She shook her head furiously and put her index finger on her lips, “Be quiet, she’ll notice.”

 

Tiffany gave her an okay sign using her fingers and returned to her normal position.

 

As I was lying down- my head resting on top of Tiffany's thigh. The night went on, concert still going, guests keep coming. The colors- blue, red and yellow kept flashing in every direction, sometimes dazzling us when it flashes right in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter