Keep Holding On

Achieving Our Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"But we need to talk outside" the Doctor told the couple in a low voice after he told them that what Krystal experienced was only due to a heartburn.

 

They left Amber and Krystal on the room as they talk outside.

 

"Ma'am, Sir, I need to be honest. Your daughter's condition is not getting any better. We badly need to perform a heart transplant ASAP"

 

"But you told us that she's getting well!" The mother complained

 

"Physically, yes. But you know, her disease is a traitor, we might not see the symptoms yet but we cannot deny the fact that her heart is already giving up."

 

"Do what you need to do. We can pay!" Her father spoke.

 

"Its not that easy, we need to find the perfect match for her. And with the long list of waiting recipients, this could take for a while" that info were already known by them. Since they were in states, they were already listed on that long list. 5 years had passed but they still didn't find the perfect fit for her. "All we can do as of the moment is pray and wait."

 

 

And they did. All they do is pretend that everything is just fine. But behind Krystal's room, they were crying. Of course they wouldn't let Krystal know about their sufferings, they don't want to add up to her worries. But again days and months have past and they cannot hide the fact that Krystal is indeed not alright.

 

Krystal is now barely awake. She could no longer talk. What she can do is just smile as a response to them. Its better than nothing at all. Her doctors and nurses actually told them that they were lucky enough that she's still ... With them. And they knew very well why she's still holding on.

 

 

For their promise of a lifetime.

 

 

"Princess, promise me that we will still pursue all of our d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter