Chapter 1

Otome: Connecting Worlds

The first thing you saw was one of a profile page on the home screen. It has the images of the few men you were given a preview of. Already smiling like an idiot, you scrolled through their profiles as per instructed by the game. Then, your game avatar wanted you to choose the character you wanted as the main. You pouted subconsciously at having to choose, because you kind of wanted them all.

Your finger lingered on Oh Sehun, the man with gentle eyes. He was a novel editor which was cool, and you always liked intellectual men. It didn’t help that he looked like a Greek god.

Character: Oh Se Hun

Occupation: Editor 

“Do you feel that? My heart throbbing… I can’t breathe, when I’m around you.”

You cringed at the cheesy line and moved on to the next profile. So, the muscular back belonged to Park Chanyeol, a hitman. You bet he has a six-pack hidden underneath those clothes. Besides, it was impossible to meet a hitman in real life. Perhaps choosing him will lead to an exciting love story?

Character: Park Chan Yeol

Occupation: Hitman

“Stay away from me. I can’t let you get hurt. Leave… before it’s too late.” 

You cringed once again at the cheesy lines and moved on. The man with dirty cheeks was Kim Kai and he was an athlete. You bet that he has those delicious abs too. Shaking your head at your own thoughts, you studied his profile and blushed. Apparently, choosing him will lead to quite a racy story.

Character: Kim Kai

Occupation: Athlete 

“Ah… my body hurts. Can you make me feel better? I promise I’ll reward you.”

You shuddered at the erted thoughts and scanned through the next profile. Ah, the cute waiter is called Byun Baekhyun. His name is cute too, you smiled idiotically. Maybe it’ll be nice to start a love story with a cute waiter. Typical romance story, you rolled your eyes.

Character: Byun Baek Hyun

Occupation: Waiter

“Surely, a cute lady like you has a boyfriend. If not, I’ll be yours!”

 Next was a chef and boss of the café Baekhyun works in, Do Kyungsoo. You have always had a thing for man who knew how to cook, and this Do Kyungsoo looked so good in a chef uniform. You almost drooled at the image, until you saw his line. You thought he was too possessive and that was uncool. You skipped his profile quickly.

Character: Do Kyung Soo

Occupation: Chef

“I’m jealous… Remember, you can only look at me. No one else.”

 The last profile sent you into giggles because who would have thought the man that almost kissed you in the preview was actually an underground lord! Kris Wu looked so hot with blonde hair and there weren’t many men who pulled off that colour. If he had abs too, then he'll be perfect. 

Character: Kris Wu

Occupation: Underground Lord

“The world is a dangerous place, little one. The only place you’ll be safe, is in my arms.”  

You were so tempted to choose him, but then there was Greek god Sehun as well… Life was indeed difficult, you decided. You were about to give up and just randomly choose with your eyes closed when your game avatar appeared once more. You gladly read the advice given.

Oh? I can change the main whenever I want?

You grinned like a Cheshire cat because that was an awesome solution for someone who couldn’t make up their mind. You can just replay the game if you didn't like how the story progressed. Finally, able to move on with the actual game, you took a deep breath in anticipation.

The scene immediately switched to the café you recognised. A row of words appeared at the bottom of the screen.

+

Where would you like to sit?

A Beside the window

B At the counter

+

Looking around the crowded cafe, you chose to sit at the only empty table by the window. Your game character was served a cup of latte you didn’t order and you watched as you picked it up to drink it. You looked around the cafe and recognised the cute waiter serving other customers. You also had small glimpses of a chef hat bobbing around near the kitchen window. Then, your vision was adjusted to a blurry figure standing by your table.

+

He would like a seat.

A Accept

B Reject 

+

You accepted it because it didn’t seem right to reject. Poor guy in the game didn’t have a seat. Right after you accepted the prompt, the blurred face cleared up and he turned out to be none other than Oh Sehun. You squealed in excitement because he looked as handsome as you remembered. He took a seat politely with an iced coffee in hand. A row of words appeared at the bottom of the screen.

Thank you.

You groaned in disappointment because you could see his mouth moving but there was no audio available. What a pity, you sighed loudly since there was no one to judge your frustration over a mere game.

I hope I’m not a bother.

“Don’t worry about it…” you muttered to yourself in rely, watching his pink lips move but not hearing anything. You made a mental note to email a complain later. The lack of audio was simply unacceptable. Calming down, you watched Sehun leisurely sipping on coffee before taking out a stack of papers from his messenger bag. Then, he turned his attention towards you again.

I’m going to do some reading. Don’t mind me.

“Yeah, go ahead. I’m just going to sit here and stare.” you replied casually, still bummed over not being able to hear his voice. His lips were still moving.

I’m Sehun. Nice to meet you. What’s your name?

“Yuri.” You replied but realised you had to type it into the prompt box which appeared. “Ah, that’s a flaw. It’ll be nice if he can hear me.” You rambled to yourself as you typed in your name. You waited for a few more seconds before he replied.

Yuri? That’s a nice name.

A prompt appeared on the screen.

+

Choose a reply.

A Thank him shyly

B Compliment him

C Blush but say nothing

+

You scoffed at the options. Is this that sort of game where everyone acted like s? You randomly selected to compliment him back. You watched as your character complimented on his name as well and he actually turned red from embarrassment. “Cute.” You hid a giggle. Too bad there was no prompts to embarrass him further.

Suddenly, there was a loud crash and someone tripped, pouring tea all over the floor beside your table. Sehun gave a shocked expression while your character stood up to help the poor waiter.

Are you alright?

Your character asked and helped the waiter to his feet.

T-thank you!  

You gawked when you realised it was Baekhyun. He was so cute up close and you mentally thanked the game creators for inventing the 3D headgear. After Baekhyun got his bearings back, he beamed at you for helping him.

Thank you so much! That was embarrassing…

You cooed at his pink cheeks that looked so soft and you wanted to squish them. If only he was real, you sighed loudly. He then went back to his work, leaving you with Sehun again. Sehun was back to reading his papers as well. Then, a slice of cake was presented in front of you. You looked up to see Baekhyun smiling face.

My treat, for a pretty lady like you.

You could have blushed, but no, because that line was cheesy as hell. But Baekhyun pouted suddenly and turned to face Sehun, who looked like he was coughing, but without audio. He then turned back to you with a gloomy look.

Are you on a date?

You let your jaw drop, because, was Baekhyun actually jealous right now? You didn’t know game characters could feel this way. Maybe the game creator was good after all. A prompt appeared.

+

Reply him.

A Nod shyly

B Deny quickly

+

You contemplated for a moment. Ah, to hell with it.

N-no! We’re not dating!

Your character denied frantically. You rolled your eyes, because your game character was so uncool. Everyone was seriously acting like they have never seen the opposite gender. It was uncool.  

Baekhyun’s eyes lit up instantly and he smiled brightly.

My name is Baekhyun. See you around!

Pointing to the cake, he told you to eat it before leaving. You watched the still coughing Sehun and raised a brow at him. He was coughing for way too long. Is this a glitch?  

Nothing happened for a while and you were brought back to the home screen. “Why?!” you yelled because the story ended so abruptly. Poor Sehun was still coughing! The love meter then caught your eye because Baekhyun’s love meter had earned a heart while Sehun’s remained unchanged. “But my main is Sehun…” you pouted since the hearts were important for a happy ending, according to the instructions.

Whatever. Baekhyun is cute too.

 

+++++       +++++       +++++

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

I have pictures for a better idea how they look like in the game, but have no idea how to add them in. Help?