Chapter 2

Otome: Connecting Worlds

You have forgotten about the game since you were so busy with your job. Work was piling up and you didn’t have time to bother about trying out a prototype, although the characters in it were tempting. You have found yourself wondering if you should pay your ‘boyfriends’ a visit as a treat for your hard work. Finally, on a Friday night, you settled down in bed, resting against the bed post with the bulky headgear on your head. You were sure you looked extremely stupid but who cares? You lived alone anyway.

Once the story started, you were brought back to the same café, and surprisingly, it seemed to be a brand new day. You thought the story would continue from where you left off but it turned out to be a rainy night with deserted streets. You took the same table by the window and waited for something to happen. After a few moments, your eyes lit up when Baekhyun bounced over to you with a huge smile.

You’re back!

He greeted you with such a bright expression, you swore you can hear that cheery tone in his inaudible voice. Baekhyun looked the same, except that he seemed to look a little tired. Was that possible? Game characters looking tired? The illustrator must be a genius then. It looked realistic as if he had been working for the entire day.

I missed you... Anyway, what would you like to have?

He was pouting, but brightened up as if nothing happened in seconds. A prompt appeared at the usual bottom.

+

Choose a reply.

A My usual

B Any suggestions?

C I don’t know…

+

Scoffing at the replies, you mentally cursed at the game creators for always adding in that touch of -awkwardness. Deciding to go in the awkward direction, because why not, you decided on your answer.

I don’t know…

You then proceed to cringe because that didn’t sound anything like you at all. Luckily, Baekhyun seemed to take it well.

Ah! It’s no problem! Our vanilla latte is very popular amongst girls. Or you can try the caramel tea? It’s sweet! Oh, the fruit tea is very refreshing as well-

You read Baekhyun’s dialogue as he went on and on with the whole range of tea they serve. He sure was enthusiastic about his tea. You smiled to yourself and waited for him to finish. You were sure there was going to be a prompt but a cup of tea along with biscuit was delicately placed on your table.

Is he bothering you?

A new character appeared on the screen. You turned your attention away from the sulky Baekhyun and stared up at the blurry man. You muttered curses because that unknown man made Baekhyun sad and you wanted him to go away.

I’m Kyungsoo, the owner of this café. I hope he’s not bothering you. Baekhyun can be rather chatty with pretty ladies. I hope you like honey tea. It’s on the house.

Kyungsoo introduced himself with a straight expression. The mosaic feature cleared up and you recognised the man in front of you. He was the possessive chef who couldn’t stand his woman looking at other men. You were starting to take back your opinion of him because he looked better than you imagined. His skin looked healthy, radiant even, and he looked like he sounded heavenly. Something like slow jazz accompanying a rainy night. You shook your head and scoffed at your over-imaginative mind. He might just end up sounding like a robot. Better not put high hopes into nothing.

You watched Kyungsoo leave for the kitchen and your character finished the tea quickly. The rain outside had ceased to a drizzle and it was a good time for a walk. Your character liked to do weird things, it seemed. Staying indoors was clearing a better idea. You merely watched, as you passed by unfamiliar streets, witnessing other people in the game rushing for shelter while you took your own sweet time enjoying the rain.

Suddenly, a figure dashed your way and knocked you over. Your character fell onto the pavement quite painfully.

Ouch!

You rolled your eyes at the reaction because it was so emotionless. The figure was clearly in a hurry but he still stopped to check over you in concern.

Are you okay?

He asked, offering a hand for you to take. You took the hand, graciously, and got to your feet, facing a rather tall man with a blurred face. Having no idea who he was, you couldn’t guess which character he was supposed to be. But you were happy to be meeting two new characters in a setting. Then, there were yells and loud footsteps coming towards them. Suddenly, you found your character running, with your arm being dragged along. You wanted to blush in response but the image was shaky and it was giving you a major motion sickness.

You blinked repeatedly until your vision cleared and found yourself staring at a muscular back in tank top. Instantly, you knew who this was. But that wasn’t the point. The point was, when did you both go into an alley? Nope, the real main point was, he was still holding your hand and he was standing so close to you. You saw his back tense when the footsteps grew increasingly loud, but relaxed once he knew you were safe. He turned to face you with worried eyes.

Are you alright?

You ignored your character’s response because Chanyeol’s eyes were so pretty. You then groaned because those lips were moving but there was no sound. You resigned to reading the dialogue box.

I’m sorry if I scared you. I have no idea why I pulled you along. But you shouldn’t be walking alone late at night, especially not in the rain.

You could have fainted in glee because Chanyeol reached out to wipe your hair free of raindrops and smiled at you. This man is hot. How come none of them were this hot in real life? You bet your character was blushing like hell right now.

I’m Chanyeol, by the way. It’s a mistake, but I’m glad to have met you.

Chanyeol spoke again, his lips curving slightly at the edges. His pretty eyes were shining brightly despite the dark night. You smiled along too.

+

Curiousity kills the cat!

A Why are they chasing you?

B Are you a dangerous person?

C What are you doing out this late?

+

You squinted at the prompts because they were so random. You chose the most ridiculous thing to ask someone you’ve just met, just because.

A-Are you a dangerous person?

Great, the is back, you rolled your eyes. Chanyeol gave a soundless laugh, which you wanted to hear badly but damn the audio, and crossed his arms indignantly.

Do I look like a bad person to you?

Your character denied in all the flustered awkwardness and hand flailing. But at least she thought so, although the programmed actions said otherwise. Chanyeol nodded in satisfaction at the response and bent down to your eye level. His eyes were even prettier up close, if possible. You gulped while staring into the big orbs.

You’re so small. It’s cute. Anyway, you should go home. It’s not safe for a girl like you to wander around. It’ll be troublesome if his men found us. I dont want you to get hurt. 

Chanyeol frowned suddenly, looking around warily. The streets were empty now.

Just to be safe, I’ll walk you home. Come on.

Without waiting for a reply, there was no prompt anyway, he grabbed your hand again and led the way. You were walking together with Chanyeol, hand in hand, in the rain. It was romantic. Of course, it didn’t last long. The romance ended when the drizzle turned into a downpour. You ran for shelter at a bus stop. Chanyeol was doing his soundless laughter with water dripping down his bare arms. You literally held back your drool. That was hotness amplified. 

+

Choose an action.

A Laugh along

B Wipe his face

C Use an umbrella

+

You almost face palmed. Why were you walking in the rain when there was an umbrella all along? The game creators were dumb. You chose to wipe the water off his face because it was a perfect excuse to touch the hot man in front of you.

Chanyeol’s eyes grew impossibly wide when you reached up to dab at his cheeks with your long sleeves. You didn’t know if it was considered dirty or sweet, but decided it was the latter when Chanyeol began turning red at his ears.

W-what are you doing?

He was clearly flustered and you giggled at the appearance of ‘-Chanyeol’. He was hot and cute at the same time. It wasn’t humanely possible. However, you couldn’t linger at the thought because you were brought back to the home page. You screamed in frustration and yanked the headgear off. Why were the endings so abrupt?! You were just getting to the good part! Chanyeol was supposed to be all flustered and then you will go ahead and invite him to dry his clothes in your house and accidentally see his abs!

You were about to open your email tab to lodge a complaint in big red capital letters but Chanyeol’s love meter calmed you down. There was a heart on his meter. Nonetheless, you were going to complain because you were getting hearts from everyone except Sehun. The game was obviously faulty if you can't earn your happy ending.

 

 

+++++       +++++        +++++

Hello! Did you enjoyed this chapter? The first few chapters will kinda be an introduction for the characters, then the real story will start. So stay with me unti then okay? ^.^  I'll be switching to third pov later on because writing in first pov is so confusing. I tend to add my own sarcastic thoughts when doing first pov too... 

Anyway, have fun! Subscribe too! So I know you're reading! 

<3 from fox-castle