Case closed

Murder, He Wrote

Before I continue with the chapter, I just to say that I am disappointed with some K-ELF for threatening to boycott SuJu Comback because they wanted #SungminOut. Why is this happening? Aren't we one big family and supporting SuJu as a group? If we dislike his wife or dislike that she is using SuJu's fame for her own benefit, that is our own opinion of her.  Why must it affect Sungmin being part of the group? Please, ELF, do unite and support SuJu's Comback. 

----------------------------------

After talking to the doctor, Kyuhyun called Donghae asking him to stay in Sungmin's ward while he go with Hyukjae to interrogate the survived culprit in another hospital. The survived culprit is Daesung, the one with a limp and worked for Mr Choi. 

In Sungmin's ward, Donghae ensure that the ward has no hidden cameras and the 2 policemen guarding outside were from his own police station. Inspector Kyuhyun has briefly told him that Sungmin seemed to be having bits and pieces of memory lapse, so in case Sungmin couldn't remember who Donghae is, he should just introduce himself all over again. 

Sungmin stirred and opened his eyes. Focusing on Donghae, he smile when Donghae lifted his hand to say hi. 

"Hi Donghae-ssi. Where is Inspector Cho?" Sungmin said while trying to sit up. 

Donghae was surprised that Sungmin remembered him. He helped Sungmin up and said "How are you feeling, Sungmin-ssi?" 

"Tired and dizzy. I feel like I can't move and I felt pain all over. Am I in a bad condition? " 

"You were drugged, beaten and dragged along by Mr Choi. I think you dislocated your right knee and you have bruises all over your body. And you hurt your head, probably while you were drugged, Mr Choi asked you some questions but you refused to cooperate. Then he beat you until you were unconscious. 

"I cannot remember anything what he asked me". 

"I suspected so, because you sniffed a drugged handkerchief when he nabbed you at Inspector Kyuhyun's door". 

"Yeah, I remembered that. I shouldn't have opened the door. Kyu had reminded me not to open the door but I thought it was Hyukjae-ssi. So dumb of me" 

Donghae noted that Sungmin called Kyuhyun as "Kyu". So he remembered how he call Inspector Kyuhyun. Then why did in front of Kyuhyun, he acted as he don't remember calling him that? 

Donghae received a call from Kyuhyun. He excused himself and wanted to go out to answer his call, but Sungmin told him that it was okay to answer in his ward. Kyuhyun updated him that Daesung cooperated with the police and told his side of the story. Donghae told Kyuhyun that from all the evidence, it was true that Daesung was involved but he was not the one doing the killing. 

Kyuhyun then asked Donghae how was Sungmin. Donghae looked at Sungmin and said maybe Kyuhyun should talk to him personally. Donghae passed his phone to a surprised Sungmin and signalled him to talk to Kyuhyun. 

"Min, are you feeling better? Do you want to eat anything, I get it for you on my way there". 

Sungmin was so touch with Kyuhyun's concern. In actual fact, he never lost his memory, but wanted to test Kyuhyun whether after the case was over, Kyuhun would still regarded him as more than friend or only for work related. 

"Kyu, I'm ok, I can eat the hospital food. I just want you here". 

"Min, you call me 'Kyu'. You remember everything?" 

"Yes, and I want to see you". 

"I'm so glad. I'm on the way ok" 

Sungmin passed back the phone to Donghae. He cried and Donghae got more confused. 

"Sungmin-ssi, pardon me for asking, but why you didn't you acknowledge that you were close to inspector Kyuhyun earlier? He was very sad and even believed that you lost bits and pieces of your memory. From my observations, he really like you. He never acted like this before, he was always ice cold and nobody ever managed to break the ice around him to be personally close to him. He allowed you to do that meaning you genuinely like you". 

Between his sobbing, Sungmin said "I know, I just wanted to know whether he really like me for who I am, and not just because he needed to protect me. I wanted to test him but I think I've gone too far. I made him sad and worry about me". 

Passing Sungmin some tissues, Donghae smile and was happy that Sungmin liked his boss too. It was time Kyuhyun to have somebody to take care of him and make him happy. He was too workaholic and the only time that he relax was when the whole team drag him to a karaoke bar and force him to sing.  But lately with Sungmin in his life, he seemed different. Though the case was tough to be solved, his boss was happier and very concerned about Sungmin well-being. Sungmin managed to break the ice and get personal with him. He hope everything went well with the two of them. 

When Kyuhyun arrived into the ward with Hyukjae, Donghae pulled Hyukjae out with him so that Kyuhyun can be alone with Sungmin. 

Kyuhyun sat at Sungmin's bed "Hey, are you ok? What's wrong? Were you crying? What happened?" 

Instead of answering, Sungmin hugged Kyuhyun. 

"I'm sorry Kyu. I make you worry when you thought that I lost my memory. I didn't, I just wanted to test you whether you still like me as what I am, not just protecting me as a police detective, after the case is over". 

"Silly, of course my feelings are still the same. And actually more that what I can say" he let go of Sungmin and smile "anyway the case is not actually over, we still have to go through the court hearing once Daesung is discharged from hospital". 

"I need to be the witness?" 

Kyuhyun nodded. And then he bend forward and kiss Sungmin. The kiss was soft, warm and full of care and love. Sungmin responded and put up his arms on Kyuhyun's neck. But they had to stop when there was a knock on the door. 

"I swear Hyuk and Hae purposely want to disturb us!" 

"Heehee.. It's your work Kyu. Just let them in..." 

Kyuhyun got up and open the door. 

"I'm sorry for disturbing Sir, it's Sungmin-ssi lunch" Donghae was smiling naughtily at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun let the nurse and Donghae in, and gave Donghae a mock punch. Hyuk bought lunch for the of them too, so they all ate in Sungmin's ward. 

The hearing started about a month after the whole incident. The court heard how Daesung got to know Mr Choi when he applied to work part-time at a condo at night, as he has another job during the day. Then Mr Choi offered to pay him some extra money if he deliver luggages to addresses given by Mr Choi, which were mostly single ladies staying at high-end apartments. At first he didn't know that Mr Choi intended to kill these ladies, until the 2nd murder, where he got scared after witnessing the murder. Mr Choi had threatened him not to say a word, and that he would be safe. 

After a week of hearing and Kyuhyun's team presented all the evidence including Sungmin as eye-witness, Daesung was found guilty and sentence to 20 years jail for participating in murder but without intention to kill. 

The Police Commissioner commended Kyuhyun's team for solving the serial murder case. Kyuhyun gave his thanking speech to his team for a job well done and that he invited all of them to go for a drinking and karaoke session, which he said it would be his treat. 

Sungmin was asked to join in as well, and he heard for the first time how well Kyuhyun sang full song with his rich velvety voice and looking so gorgeous singing from his heart. Sungmin felt like Kyuhyun is singing to him only, because whenever Kyuhyun opened his eyes, his eyes only look for Sungmin. And everybody noticed that and happy that their boss had finally found someone special. 

When Sungmin launched his new murder series novel some months later, Kyuhyun was there too, to give his moral support as well as to protect him, as what he told his team, but everyone knew that he just wanted to be there for Sungmin. 

On one bright afternoon, Inspector Kyuhyun and his team were racing through the traffic, with the police siren . Hyukjae was on the line with Henry, instructing him with this and that. Donghae was on the wheel and cursing and swearing because some cars didn't give way to them. Inspector Kyuhyun himself was siting at the back, changing his shoes as they were muddy after they had successfully ambushed a group of drug traffickers and seized their goods. 

They reached their destination and Henry quickly signalled them to follow him. Once they were ready, they walked hurriedly with Hyukjae right beside Inspector Kyuhyun. Donghae and Henry took their position with the rest of the team who have arrived. 

Just in time when they were standing at their position, the door opened and the wedding march played, and Sungmin walked-in in a smart white suit, looking so handsome and radiant. Breathing with a sigh of relief because he made it on time for their wedding, Inspector Kyuhyun turned around to look at Sungmin, smiling handsomely at him. He himself was wearing the opposite of Sungmin, a matching off-black suit, which Henry had made sure it's ready when Kyuhyun arrived. 

They were married in a beautiful Spring afternoon, witnessed by only those who are close to them, as well as their families. They gave their blessings to the handsome couple and Kyuhyun's team assured them that they would not be disturbed during their honeymoon.

The end.