The message

Murder, He Wrote

The latest 4 murder cases were all similar. Target was for single lady travellers who came back from travelling overseas, lost their baggage, report to customer service, then customer service get their contact details and address, hired a 3rd party delivery vendor to deliver the found luggage, then when the single traveller let the delivery guy into their house to bring in the baggages, she was killed with a long knife, and the house was robbed. The 2nd case was worst, both her hands had multiple wounds, indicating that she tried to shield herself but ended up she died due to lost of blood. The forth case happened the night before and similarly, a single lady traveller was killed and her body had multiple wounds. 

After both of them recovered from the shock of the shattered window, Kyuhyun ran to Sungmin's window to catch a glimpse of who was the one who threw the rock. He quickly called for backups and then took fotos of the broken window and the rock, and noted the time. His team would need to check the security cameras around the condo. 

"Mr Lee, are you ok? I think you should not stay here for the time being. Seemed like your so-called fan knew where you are staying. Once my team reached here, you follow me back to my apartment. Is it ok if you pack some clothes? "
Kyuhyun instructed Sungmin. 

"I'm fine, just a little shaken. Ok I guess you are right, I should stay away from here for a while. But I can go back to my family home, I don't want to trouble you, Inspector Cho". 

"I don't want your family to be the next target. My home is very safe, security is very tight and I'm using bullet-proof windows. Maybe you stay for a few days? If you are not comfortable, then maybe we think of something else, yeah maybe to your family home". 

"Ok I'll go and pack now" Sungmin started to walk to his bedroom. 

By the time Sungmin came back with a big bag and a laptop bag, 2 other guys were talking to Kyuhyun.  He has seen one of them during the interrogation but not the other one.  Kyuhyun was holding the letter that Sungmin passed to him and the two guys were pointing something on the handwriting. They looked up at him when Sungmin walked towards them. 

"Oh, Mr Lee, these are my men, you've seen him before, Lee Hyukjae, and this is Lee Donghae. Hyuk and Hae, you've already know this is Lee Sungmin, the writer and the one that we interrogated before. It seemed that one of his fanatic fan is all out to frame him. Hae, I want you to bring this letter back to verify the fingerprint and compare the handwriting with those notes found near the murdered bodies. Hyuk,  I want you to check the security cameras around the condo and even outside the gate" Kyuhyun then sent to him the fotos that he took and the time when it happened so that he could zoom in around the correct time duration when he view the security footage. 

"Got it, Sir, I will update you" Donghae said and left.  Hyukjae called his men and went out to call some police officers over. 

"Mr Lee, you got everything? Let's go?" Kyuhyun helped Sungmin to carry his bag and asked Sungmin to pass his house key to Hyukjae. Hyukjae got 2 police officers to Kyuhyun and Sungmin to the basement car park and to keep watch until they left the condo. 

The letter only contain a few words "please finish your next novel". Sungmin initially did not think about it as a threat letter because he received so many letters from fans. But somehow before he opened the envelope, he felt strange because it was in a brown envelope, different from other letters which normally from female fans, and they love to use fancy envelopes in pinkish colour. He used a disposable gloves to protect himself in case there were some poisonous powder and when he eventually read the letter, he thought that it was harmless, that he worried for nothing "ohh ok, my fan can't wait for my next novell". But then his mind kept thinking there was something strange about the letter so he ended up keeping it in a plastic folder. 

While driving and making sure that nobody was following them, Kyuhyun told him that the handwriting looked similar to the notes that the murderer always left behind near the bodies, together with a copy of Sungmin's novel. Somehow, the murderer must have access to the baggages in the airport, and target those luggages with name tag and address written on it. He probably did a check on the addresses and knew that the houses or apartments were for the upper class and he probably did further checks that the house or apartment owner belongs a single woman. Just the way Sungmin wrote in his novel series. 

"Inspector Cho, so what should I do, should I stop finishing my next novel? I really doesn't want any more murders related to my novel"

They just arrived at Kyuhyun's condo and scanned his card and they went through the security gantry. The gantry itself is a scanner, scanning the cars that went through it to detect explosion or any foreign objects. Kyuhyun had declared his gun previously, so it had been registered in the condo's file. 

"I think you should hold publishing your next novel first until investigations are over" Kyuhyun advised him which Sungmin agreed and think that was for the best. 

They went up to Kyuhyun's apartment at 7th flr. His door is open via a biometric scanning and then PIN verification. He told Sungmin he would add his fingerprint later, else Sungmin could not get out due to its security auto-lock feature. 

"Mr Lee, welcome to my home. Let me show you your room". 

"Just call me Sungmin. Wow, your house is nice and have a good view of Han River. I guess you hardly at home, because seemed like everything is untouch".

"Haha, you know investigation work sometimes don't even allow us to sleep. That's why people like us don't have family. Nobody want us to be their life partner coz we don't even have time to woo them"

Ahhhh, so Inspector Cho is still single.. Sungmin thought. 

"Inspector Cho.. "

"Kyuhyun. Just call me Kyuhyun" 

"Ahh ok, maybe outside of work. I can't call you that in front of your team". 

"My team members call me by my 1st name too, outside of work. They bullies me a lot, like if we go to karaoke, they purposely push the mike to me to get me to sing, those idiots... Hahaha"

"Oh you can sing too? Wow.. Wish i could hear it one day"

"haha I can't sing well, told you those idiot just like to bully me" Kyuhyun laughed. 

Kyuhyun told Sungmin that he can keep his clothes in the walk-in wardrobe in-between both their rooms. Kyuhyun said that he don't really have many clothes, so the empty section of the wardrobe should be enough for Sungmin's clothings.

Kyuhyun's phone rang and Kyuhyun excused himself to answer his call. Sungmin started unpacking and then took a shower.  When he came out of his room, Kyuhyun was nowhere to be found. 

Sungmin saw a note from Kyuhyun on the dining table that he needed to go somewhere urgently and will be back later. He left his handphone number too. 

Sungmin walked to the kitchen to see if he could find anything to cook. His phone rang and he walked over to the dining table to pick it up. It was an unknown number and he was contemplating to pick it up or not. He checked Kyuhyun's note with his number, no it was not Kyuhyun's number whose calling. Then his phone voice message light flickered indicating the caller had left a message. When he listened to his message, he got a shocked and threw his phone down on the sofa....