Something unexpected

Murder, He Wrote

Both Kyuhyun and Sungmin were surprised with the new info. 

"Maybe its just coincidence that he posted the letter there" Donghae continued. 

"If the culprit really stayed around there, it will not be safe for Sungmin to be at my house" Kyuhyun was thinking out loud, "but then again, we can stay put and set a trap". 

"Mr Cho, yes I think we should stay put in your house. It's fully secured and have surveillance camera everywhere. You can informed your condo's security management not to allow any outsides unless authorised by the residents, or to inform you for any suspicious people" Sungmin shared his thoughts. 

"Yes, I'll do that"

"Sir, you should work from home and keep Mr Lee company to ensure his safety. We can have conference call for meetings and Skype if we want to show you anything" Hyuk informed his boss. 

"Hyuk's right, Sir. The culprit must be on the lookout if you and Mr Lee appear here in the office, and they might follow you from a distance to know exactly where Mr Lee is staying. I suggest you use my car and then Hyuk and me drive your car from far behind to see any car followed you. And if we are being followed, we just detour somewhere else. Then when the coast is clear, we drive to your condo with groceries for you" Donghae suggested. 

"Worth considering. Thank you Hae and Hyuk. Henry, my laptop has Skype? "

"Yes sir, but I will enable it to turn on Skype with video conference and set the conference number to here, so that it will auto-dial to here once you click it".

"Great, thanks, Henry".

"No problem sir. I'll do it now". 

"Donghae, can you show me and Sungmin how handwriting was match?"

"Ok Sir, follow me to the lab". 

Hyukjae finished going through the security cameras, and Henry finished up setting Kyuhyun's laptop.  It was past 2pm.when they had finished viewing the handwriting. Sungmin was very impressed that the investigation dept were very equipped with high tech apparatus to help them with their investigation cases. 

When Kyuhyun drove home in Donghae's car from the underground carpark, nobody would have guessed that it was Kyuhyun and Sungmin. Nobody followed them, so they make their way to home. Hyukjae contacted them and confirmed that a black Kia is following them (Kyuhyun's car), so Donghae took a detour and went to his brother's cafe instead. Hyukjae purposely got out to buy something to eat. Luckily, Hyukjae wore the same colour jacket as Kyuhyun, so he pretended to be him.   

Somehow, after following them for a while and realised that they are heading to another address, the black Kia must have given up. Donghae called police line to check the car plate number, while Hyukjae reverse to find them and follow them instead. The police read out the owner of the car. It belongs to a Lee Seungri, so they got him! The 2 temp security guys are the one following them!  Luckily Kyuhyun install a camera at the back of his car, so they have recodings of this car following them. 

Kyuhyun was talking to Donghae when Sungmin joined him at the sofa seat. He looked at Sungmin and ended his call with 'good job, Hae'. Kyuhyun told Sungmin about the black Kia car which was following Hyukjae and Donghae because they must have thought that they were following them because the car belongs to Kyuhyun. 

"So did they managed to trail that car instead? Now that you mentioned the black Kia has given up trailing them, maybe they now either going back to my condo to report to Mr Choi, or they are coming here. They must have known already that they followed the correct car but wrong persons". 

"Yes, I've asked them to go to your condo while get help from our police counterpart to do their surveillance here in case the black Kia is around here".

"So now your team should have enough evidence to nab them, right? "

"But we still don't have sufficient evidence who is the real killer, these two guys or Mr Choi. We need some more evidence that point to Mr Choi. We can go by assumption, the 4 books that he asked you to signed, ended up next to the 4 bodies, and Mr Choi was seen in the murder scenes. I am very sure it was Mr Choi who did the murdering, not the 2 guys. We are getting arrest warrant to question him  where  he was on those murder dates" Kyuhyun told him. 

"Wow great!"

"I'm hungry. Should we order for delivery? "

"I can cook, Kyu..... Ohh can I call you Kyu? I'm sorry if I'm too informal" 

"No, I like it" Kyuhyun was smiling at him. "Means that you are comfortable with me". 

"I try not to be too comfortable with you, else I would surely missed you when this case is over and I'm back at my condo". 

"Why should we stop seeing each other after the case is over? "

"Kyu, you are okay to continue being friends with me after this case?" 

"Why not? You can continue to stay here too, you know"

"That's more than 'friends' if i continue to stay here" Sungmin was staring at Kyuhyun to get his meaning. He likes Kyuhyun a lot, he doesn't know why but he never put any hope that Kyuhyun would like him back because to Kyuhyun, it must be just his job. But hearing what Kyuhyun had been saying, seemed to him that Kyuhyun is hinting something. 

"And, we can't be more than friends?"

"Kyu, what are you trying to say?"

Kyuhyun he turned to face Sungmin. In actual fact, he likes Sungmin but he must put this case top priority so Sungmin's safety comes first and he needs to put aside his feelings for a moment until he can close this case. Now that they are talking about it, he feel that it's important that Sungmin knows about his feelings. 

"Sungmin, I like you. I've been liking you since that night when we released you. I don't know why or when it started, but I just want you to be near me everytime and I want to protect you. I know I'm stepping beyond my work of duty, so I actually plan to confess to you after the case is over". 

Sungmin stared at him unbelievably "Really Kyu, you like me all this while? And I thought you were just doing your job" Sungmin's happy face says it all "I like you a lot and I was just scared that your willingness to protect my safety is just part of your job, and that I will be left mending my broken heart when this case is over" Sungmin looked down hiding his sad face. 

Kyuhyun pull him into a hug. It was their first physical contact beyond working level. Sungmin relax in Kyuhyun’s arms and started to smile. He hugged Kyuhyun back and they just stayed like that for a while. So comfortable and so happy now that they both know each other's feelings. 

Kyuhyun stomach started growling and then both laugh. 

"Sorry"

"You are really hungry! Let me cook something"

"No, I want you to rest. Donghae messaged me that the black Kia is going to your condo. They will nab them after they got the arrest warrant. So we can order for delivery now that we know the 2 culprits are not around here. Pizza ok with you?"

"Pizza is great, thank you. But let me cook later for dinner, ok?"

"Ok" Kyuhyun smile at him and then started looking at his phone to order pizza online. 

"Min, the pizza will be here in an hour. I go shower quickly and out by the time it's here. You don't open the door"

"Ok, Kyu" he was happy that Kyuhyun called him 'Min'. Things are progressing quite well and he like it a lot". 

Sungmin took out his laptop to check his emails from his fans and publisher. His publisher wanted to know when he plan to send in his scripts so that they could prepare the book design and the send to him for review. While he was typing a reply, he saw that Kyuhyun’s phone is buzzing, with Hyukjae's name. He took the phone to Kyuhyun's bathroom and knock on the door, informing Kyuhyun that Hyukjae is calling. 

"It's ok Min, I'll call him back. I'll be out shortly"

"ok"

While walking back to the dining table, the doorbell rang. Thinking that it must be Hyukjae who has called, Sungmin walked to the door to open it. Hyukjae must have called to say that he's coming over to inform Kyuhyun about the warrant of arrest. 

Sungmin open the door to great Hyukjae. 

"Hi... ufffffft"

The door was force open inwards and Sungmin got a shock. He felt a wet cloth covering his nose and the  last thing he saw before he fainted was Mr Choi's face in a police uniform.