Who is the caller?

Murder, He Wrote

Kyuhyun went out to go to his condo Security office to request to add one more ID and fingerprint to his unit. He needed to fill up a form , add Sungmin details and when everything done and approved, Kyuhyun went back to his home. That was when he found Sungmin staring in shock at his phone. Alarmed, he quickly walked to Sungmin and asked what was wrong. Sungmin dumbfoundedly pointed at his phone. He mumbled "message... I got a message... He asked why I shifted out. He...he..he... must have seen us". 

"Let me hear the nessage" Kyuhyun picked up Sungmin's phone, passed it to Sungmin, Sungmin dial in to play his message, and put on loudspeaker for Kyuhyun to hear. 

The voice was very muffled "Why did you shift out? I can always find you!" and the line got cut off. Kyuhyun saved the message and called his office to ask Henry on how to extract the saved message from mobile phone and also provided the nbr which the message came from. After this was done, he turned to Sungmin "Don't worry, we'll try to trace the nbr. And this place is secured. He only tried to threatened you, he won't know this place". 

"Thanks, I don't know what to do now. I guess I have to trouble you to take care of me. I'm sorry "

"It's my job. Don't worry about it. Can you come to the door for a while, I need to set your fingerprint to open the door in case you are needed to go to our office and somebody else send you back if I'm not available" Kyuhyun gestured for Sungmin to follow him. Sungmin put his hands out and Kyuhyun hold his thumb, press something at the scanner, press Sungmin thumb firmly at the scanner, once it registered, he told Sungmin the PIN, and to confirm, they repeated the process. Then Kyuhyun pull Sungmin out, and get him to unlock the door.  The door registered Sungmin and unlock to let Sungmin opened the door. 

"You can remember the PIN?" Kyuhyun asked him. 

"Yes, is it your birthday? " Sungmin guessed. 

Kyuhyun chuckled. 

" It is? Wow our birthdays are practically 1 month apart" Sungmin said. 

"Ohh yours is 3rd Jan? "

" 1st Jan"

"Wow, new year baby! The while world celebrate for you! "

"Yeah well, I got 2 wishes at the sametime every year, happy birthday and happy new year! So my birthday is nothing special. By the way Kyuhyun, can I cook since I'm staying here?" 

"Yes, why not? I never have a decent homecook meals. My so-called  homecook meals are instant noodles hahaha"

"Do you think it's safe to go to the supermarket to buy groceries? "

"Unless you go with me, or I get my men to accompany you" 

"How about now, can you accompany me? "

"Sure, but can you put some disguise, like use a beanie to cover your hair" 

"Ok and I will put on my working specs. Give me 5 minutes "

When Sungmin came out from his room, he indeed looked so different! With spectacles, he looks cuter, like a university student. 

"What, do I look weird?" 

"No, just hmmm.. cute. Pink sweater suits you. I'll get change and we can go ok"

"Ok" Sungmin took out his sneakers from his bag and put on. Now he really don't looked like a famous novelist, but like an ordinary person. 

Kyuhyun came out looking casual, with brown sweater and a long coat which Sungmin guessed to hide his gun, and with spectacles too! 

"Wow Inspector Cho, you looked an ordinary high school ner... I mean student"

"What were you trying to say? Nerd??" Kyuhyun teased Sungmin. 

"no no, student"

"don't bluff hahaha. What's wrong with being a nerd? I studied too "

"hahaha ok I'm sorry I'm sorry. We can go, I'm ready" 

"let's go"

Kyuhyun drive to a big supermarket much further away from his home, and totally way off from Sungmin's home. He didn't want to be near Sungmin's home as he didn't want anybody to tailgate them. 

They had a pretty safe groceries shopping. Outside working environment, Sungmin found that Kyuhyun was very down to earth, very relax though he was still very alert, and easy to talk to.  They looked like ordinary close friends doing their household shopping and Sungmin would not move away too far from Kyuhyun, so they are always together everywhere. 

For once, Kyuhyun felt he began  enjoying Sungmin's company. Sungmin is cute and chatty, and they had a great time asking each other what they would like to eat, and find the ingredients together. 

They were on the way back when Kyuhyun received a call from Donghae. As he was driving, he put his phone on loudspeaker. 

"Yes Hae"

"Sir, I did a check on the fingerprints, but there were only two clear ones. One belongs to a person working at the post office, and the other is one of the security guard at Sungmin-ssi's condo. Probably because these 2 people handle the mails "

"No other fingerprints?" 

"No, sir. The person must have wipe it clean when he post the envelope"

"Probably. Ok any luck on the handwriting? "

"Still checking sir, will update you again. Sir, Hyuk wants to update you too" 

"Ok thanks Hae. Put Hyuk on"

"Sir, we have checked the security camera. I only saw the security guard walking around checking. We don't see any suspicious person. Unless the person threw the stone from the neighbouring window or he knew when the camera was not in view". 

"It didn't looked like it was from a neighbouring window. But maybe you can check the next condo, whether the units facing Sungmin's unit, were at home this morning"

"Ok sir" and Hyukjae ended the connection. 

"Sungmin, who has your personal phone nbr? Did you give it out to any reporters or to your fans? "

"No, only my manager, my family, some of my close friends and the condo management"

"And who has access to the condo management records? "

"The security guards, because they have to call us if we don't answer the security call, to ask whether to allow the visitor in or not". 

"So the security guards know the condo residents personal nbr and know each unit occupants? "

" Yeah, they do. Why? "

"Do you know all the security guards?" 

"Hmmm, I know 3 of them. I think there are 5.  Mr Kwon is the head, he would be in the Admin Mgt office monitoring the entire condo. Mr Choi is the one always at the gate and he walked around the condo. I talked to him a few times, I think he mentioned he read my books too. Mr Dong is in charge of the pool, the gym and cleanliness of the condo. The other 2, I'm not very familiar, I think they work there on part time basis".

"If I show you the security camera showing the security guard who walked around the condo this morning, would you be able to recognise him? "

" I should be able to"

"Ok maybe later I bring you to our office". They have reached Kyuhyun's condo and brought the groceries indoor. 

"Sungmin, do you want to rest first? You haven't had a proper sleep since last night"

"I'm not sleepy now. I cook, then we eat, then go to your office? After that then maybe I can sleep early"

"Ok" Kyuhyun agreed. His phone ringing and when he answered, it was Henry. The phone message was from a payphone near to Sungmin's condo. Kyuhyun instructed him to get some men to check the payphone whether the caller left any fingerprints. 

He went to the kitchen to help Sungmin "need any help?" 

"Ohh, it's alright, I'm just making spaghetti. Oh maybe you boil water in a pot, so that we can put in the spaghetti later".

"Sungmin, you were saying one of the security guards mentioned that he read your books. So he's a fan of yours? "

"I'm not sure, Mr Choi just mentioned that he read my books. But I did gave him autograph on some copies of my book once because he said it were for his nephew and his friends. Are you suspecting him?" 

"How many?"

"How many what?"

"How many copies that you signed for him?"

"Ermmmm, I... think... about 4 copies? "

Kyuhyun took out his phone and started dialing. "Hyuk, try to create an investigation that required the security guards at Sungmin's condo to leave their fingerprints, especially the one called Mr Choi. I'll explain to you later".