Nabbed

Murder, He Wrote

Kyuhyun shouted from his bedroom "Sungmin, wait, don't open the door". 

Sungmin was not around, and his house was suddenly quiet. Alarmed, he checked his guest room, no Sungmin. Kitchen, common toilet, back to dining room, no Sungmin. 

"The door! The door bell just now... Oh no, don't tell me.... "

True enough, his door was unlocked, and based on the slanted door mat, seemed like Sungmin was there and probably forcely drag somewhere. 

Hyukjae emerged from the lift. "Sir, I called you just now... Sir, what happened?" 

"Sungmin opened the door, must be thinking that it was you. And he was nabbed. Hyuk help me go to the security and see the camera, about 10-15 minutes ago"

"Where are you going? " 

"I think they use the work lift. I'm going down by staircase. Call me if you saw anything in the security camera". 

"Ok Sir. Be careful. I call for backup" Kyuhyun has already run to the staircase next to the work lift. He saw that the lift is at 3 floors below him. The work lift is slower because it's use by workers. 

Donghae and Henry ran towards the work lift from the car park level after receiving call from Hyukjae. They were surveying the area when they got Hyukjae's call.  However, the lift stop at ground level and Donghae instructed Henry to stay put while he ran up. He met Kyuhyun who was running after the culprit who was boarding a car. The culprit carried Sungmin over his shoulder. Kyuhyun will never forgive himself if anything happened to Sungmin. 

Hyukjae called for more backups after confirming that Sungmin's attacker is none other than Mr Choi, disguised in a police officer uniform. Two police cars blocked the condo exit. Kyuhyun started shooting at the wheels so that the culprits lost control and stopped the car. 

Mr Choi instructed his driver to drive back into the underground car park. Kyuhyun shoot the other tyres and ran after the car. Henry, who was all along in the carpark, started shooting at the tyres too. By now car was totally losing control and hit the wall. Kyuhyun pray that Sungmin is ok after the impact. 

Kyuhyun's team surrounded the car. Mr Choi came out dragging an unconscious Sungmin. He pointed a gun to Sungmin's head and said he would shoot Sungmin if they didn't do what he said. He wanted to be let go freely in exchange of Sungmin's life. Kyuhyun had to think fast. He signal Donghae with his eyes to shoot Mr Choi's leg, while Kyuhyun himself distracted him. 

"Mr Choi, why did you kill those ladies and frame Sungmin? Don't you have you own ideas on how to kill your victim? Why use Sungmin's method in his novel?"

"Hahaha... I said to this bugger that I like him. And you know what he said to me? He said" thank you for being my fan". You know how heartbroken I was? Here I am confessing my love from my heart, and he just brushed me aside".

"This is what you call love? You framed him, throw rocks on his window, kill people and put his novel on each victim, and kidnap him? That is not love, it's obsession. You don't deserve his love". 

"I hate you, inspector!!! Sungmin likes you, but I'm nothing but a fan. I hate you!!!"

There were several shots and both Mr Choi and Sungmin fell to the ground. Kyuhyun dashed forward but was stopped by Hyukjae. 2 more shots were heard and the 2 culprits fell to the ground. Apparently they managed to escape from the car and one of them was about to shoot Kyuhyun. Luckily Donghae was alert and Hyukjae saw it and pull back Kyuhyun. 

More police officers ran in and they called the ambulance. One of the culprit was still alive but Mr Choi and his right-hand man died. Kyuhyun cradle Sungmin in his arms and look for injuries. He had blood on his head probably due to the impact and lots of bruises on his arms and legs, likely due to the dragging. 

Sungmin was taken to the hospital and Kyuhyun went with him in the  ambulance. Hyukjae took over leadership and instruct the bodies to be moved for post-motem, then waive off loads of reporters who wanted to have first news on the happenings of the famous novelist. Hyukjae said that they will do an official statement and the reporters can ask questions then. 

Some reporters managed to get the info that Sungmin was sent to the hospital. They crowded the hospital lobby and Kyuhyun had to call for police officers to warn the reporters to stay away as the hospital need a quiet environment. Sungmin was bandaged for his head injuries, and need to stay for observations. Kyuhyun handled everything and was thankful that Sungmin was not badly hurt. 

When Sungmin became conscious, the first person he mumbled was Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun smile warmly and told him everything is over and he is safe. Mr Choi and his right-hand man died during the shooting and the 2nd man will be judge once he had recovered from his gunshot. 

"I'm sorry inspector, I didn't listen to you not to open the door. I thought it was Detective Hyukjae". 

Kyuhyun felt strange that Sungmin address him as 'inspector' and not 'Kyuhyun'. 
"Min, you are ok now, and there's only us here. You don't have to call me Inspector". 

Sungmin looked at him "then, what did I normally call you?" 

Kyuhyun looked at him confusedly. Was the head injuries causing his momentary lost of memory? Sungmin seemed to not able to remember that they have confess their feelings for each other. But strangely, he could recall the moments when he opened the door. 

"You rest, ok. I need to call Hyukjae to get the latest news".

"Inspector, I'm thirsty, can help up to drink some water? "

"Sure, Min" Kyuhyun held him up and adjusted the bed, and poured a glass of water. He use the straw so that it is easier for Sungmin to drink. He then wipe his mouth and re-adjusted back the bed so that Sungmin can rest. 

"Min, there are 2 police officers outside the door so you are protected. Don't worry about anything and rest okay. I'll be back soon". 

"okay, thank you, Inspector"

Kyuhyun looked at him sadly. Sad that Sungmin could not recalled that he had been calling him "Kyu" and that their relationship had go beyond investigation case. Maybe Sungmin didn't really like him. Maybe now that it was over, Sungmin prefers to go back to just being a working relationship. 

Once out of the ward, he took out his phone to call Hyukjae. After talking and giving further instructions, he then updated Hyukjae on Sungmin's condition. Hyukjae advised him to talk to the doctor so that the doctor could do further checks on Sungmin. Kyuhyun said he would do just that. He thanked Hyukjae and hang up. 

After describing what happened to the doctor, he was told that it was quite common for the patient's momentary lost of bits and pieces of memory. The doctor assured him that the memory will return, just need time.