Chapter 4

More today than Yesterday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

And true to his words, 7AM on the dot he was ringing the Seo residences doorbell. Mrs. Seo came bouncing out and was all smiles as she led Yonghwa inside. She fed him breakfast of which he ate to his hearts content since he only had toast before he left their house. Joohyun came down for the first time not wearing her baseball cap and had her long straight hair hanging loose. If her mother noticed this change, she didn’t open . But God knows she’s happy. She prepared a snack bag for Yonghwa as well instructing him to eat it during one of his breaks at school.

“Mam..I mean eomma, is it okay if I take Joohyun out later for snack or maybe dinner after her class? I’ll take her home soon after”

If Joohyun thought her moms smile yesterday was wide enough to fit a car, she was wrong, her mothers smile today can actually fit a two way road, it was so wide she thought it would tear

“Of course, just let us know if you’ll stay later than dinner”

“We definitely will eomma, I’ll take care of her”

It dawned on her as she was getting ready to leave. This is her first date ever! She mentally scolding herself for wearing anonther raglan shirt and jeans, she should’ve worn one of her nice girly blouse or her skirt jumper. She should’ve made an effort. It’s too late now she promised she will dress up next time

On their way to her school, she kept on wanting to ask him something resulting to her deep breathing and fidgeting. Yonghwa noticed it halfway

“Joohyun are you okay? Are you uncomfortable?”

“Oh no! Uhm it’s just that, I have never really rode a car with anyone else but my family or my two best friends family”

Yonghwa smiled “I’m pretty sure it’s the same”

No it’s not!!!!  She thought “Oppa can I ask you a question? I’ve always spoken my mind so I really wish to ask you this”

“Shoot!”

“Uhm, you’ve seen me during Hyo’s birthday, then you’ve seen me at home, as you can probably tell I’m not your typical girl next door, I would even pass as your guy next door sans the long hair and well this.” Pointing lighting to her s which earned her an amused smile from him “ anyways what I’m trying to say is what is it that you see in me for you to say you like me? You are actually the first who noticed me, all the guy friends I have likes me because I play wicked basketball and they’re too scared of my brothers”

She looked at him with eyes full of anticipation

The seconds seem to tick as she waited. He was tapping the steering wheel when he decided to park the car at the side. She suddenly looked confuse as to why they stopped there. He kept the engine running and he faced her

“Have you seen the movie Serendipity?”

She panicked. She heard of it but never seen it. Sweet flicks barely made it to their TV.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t”

“Seriously?!”

“I only have brothers and if you only have boys, our movie nights consist of thriller, action, crime and comedy, the most love story that I was able to see was in Star Wars.” She smiled “Oh I’ve also seen Titanic!”

“Alright wrong movie choice then” it was his turn to laugh nervously. He rubbed the back of his neck and thought of a movie “Okay lets use Titanic then”

She frowned “Did I look like someone who needs saving on Hyo’s birthday?”

He laughed and shook his head “No silly! I’m trying to not make you more uncomfortable I simply wanted to say maybe it was love at first sight? If love is too strong then call it attraction. You seem to stand out in that hall full of girls.”

“Is that a good thing?” she asked

“I’m here right now, do you think this is a good thing?”

She bit her lower lip and shrug “Yeah I guess.”

“that’s what makes you stand out Joohyun, your different. Maybe because I’ve seen all types of girls and have never seen seomeon like you that I was drawn immediately. That I feel like you will understand me and that you can make me happy”

She looked at him with mouth open

“I’m sorry to be so straight forward. Like you I speak my mind and if you feel this is all too much, that I’m too much we can take it slower”

“No it’s not that, it’s just as you can tell this is the first time someone really said they like me, I don’t see myself as someone likable in that way, my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter