Chapter 2

More today than Yesterday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

 

Hyoyeon insisted to have their chauffer bring each of the girls home, some agreed while some were picked up by their parents, Joohyun instead will be meeting her twin Minhyuk who’ll be coming home from his drums class which is two blocks away from the hotel and they’ll go home together. She hurriedly took her backpack from under the table and quickly slipped in the rest room to change. People were already at the lobby waiting for their cars, she can see each of Hyoyeons sisters and her parents saying goodbyes to the guest, she waved to some of their friends who were about to exit the double door. She secured her backpack on her back, her dress limply hanging now on her arms as she put on her baseball cap. Clad in her raglan shirt, jeans and sneakers, she began her journey to meet her twin.

She was about to cross the street when a car pulled up and the window rolled down.

“Hey Joohyun!”

She adjusted her cap to see better “Oh yonghwassi!”

She knew she had the goofy smile on her face.

“I thought it was you but I wasn’t sure”

“Yeah” she smiled “I changed”

“Hop on, I’ll give you a ride home”

She blinked a few times in surprise, trying to igest what she just heard “Uhm no thank you, it’s okay, I’m meeting my brother, we’ll head home together”

“Then let’s pick up your brother and I’ll drive you two home”

“Really it’s okay” waving her hand in the air

“Please I insist”

She thought about it for a bit until she opened the passenger door “You really don’t have too, you might be tired and would want to rest already”

He looked at her trying to put on her seatbelt at the same time trying to fight the big dress off and removing her backpack.

He extended his hand and took the dress from her “Here let me put this at the back, give me your backpack as well”

He waited until she was able to remove her bag, he placed the dress as neatly as he can at the back with her bag and once he looked back at her she had successfully and gleefully was able to put on her seatbelt

“Wow I never knew it was such a feat to do something simple as that!” he chuckled

She shyly adjusted her cap down “Yeah, well I tend to do things differently”

“I can tell, shall we?”

“Yes please” her voice almost  whisper.

Due to traffic and a detour because of a broken sewerage, the 2 minute drive to her brother became 30 mins, he knew she won’t be talking so he started asking questions

“So 3 brothers huh?”

She was sitting upright, back almost not touching the backrest and both hands holding on to the seatbelt. She looked at him and nodded “yeah”

“Is it fun to have brothers? I’ve always wished to have one but my chances were slim since I was third to the last child. My parents said they thought Hyoyeon was a boy, turned out it was her finger sticking out, our maknea Yoona, well we all knew she is a girl from the start. My parents didn’t want anymore child after that. they got 8 anyways”

She was staring again, he briefly glanced at her and when their eyes meet, she woke up from her reverie.

Stupid Joohyun.

Stupid Stupid Stupid!

she tilted her head “But big family is fun right?”

“Yeah, well there are some pros and cons especially for me since I’m the only boy, imagine having to deal with 7 girls with different personalities. Especially during tht certain time of the month when they go all Godzilla on me and everyone else”

She didn’t hold back and laughed “I now feel sorry for you”

“But it is also nice since there was never a dull moment in our house. Loud voices at anytime of the day and night. I never felt lonely but then again I almost have no privacy.”

“My brothers are fun to be with, they let me be maybe because they don’t know how to deal with girls. Especially my eldest oppa, he baby’s me a lot even until know. We play wicked video games and he teaches me strategies, he got me Injustice 2 and Resident Evil 7: Andromeda” she was smiling from ear to ear thinking of playing it once she gets home until she realizes once more who she was talking to.

“I’m sorry, I got carried away I just like video games, uhm here” she pointed to the side “I’ll just call my brother to let him know we’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter