Chapter 3

More today than Yesterday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 

One of the best things about Sundays is that Joohyun can sleep in. No matter what time she gets up, no one would scold her since everyone in the house is either still sleeping, lazying around or playing games. Lunch is never served formally. You fend on your own. Their dad made sure that they do not disturbed their mom on Sundays, especially the morning, it’s her ME Time. So they make their food and pick up after themselves, imagine her surprise when someone knocked loudly at her door

“Hyunnie! Wake up! Visitor!” Jungshin bellowed from the outside “Hyunie!!!”

“I’m up!!!” she shouted back. With close eyes, she looked and wore her cap and staggered towards her window since it’s facing the front yard. She was wondering what’s wrong with her friends since they usually just comes up. She opened the window wide open as she squinted from the sunlight at the same time wiping off her drool using her shirt

It took only a split second for her to realize that Hana nor Hwanhee doesn’t have a red car. Hana doesn’t have a bicycle!

“Oh fudge!” she quickly ducked and crawled to her bed. She sat down and scanned her room for a shirt that doesn’t have crease or smell.

She ran to her door and opened it only to shout

“Can someone please let him in?!”

Her dad came out of the masters bedroom in his PJ’s, news paper on hand and glasses on

“What are we shouting about this early morning?” he asked as Joohyun disappeared back to her room while Jonghyun ran down the stairs as he put on his shirt.

Jungshin came out of of Minhyuks room with PS4 games on hand and looked at his father “It’s almost 2 in the afternoon dad”

Their dad frowned and went past Jungshin who was also going down the stairs. Joohyun took the quickest shower she has ever done in her entire life making sure she dunk as much shampoo on her hair to make sure it will smell nice.

As she lathered soap on her body she kept on chanting “Omg he’s here! He’s here! Joohyun dammit move it!”

She was done in 5 minutes. She tried to comb her hair as fast as she can but it  just wouldn’t work so she decided to just tie it. Wet. She looked one last time in the mirror making sure that her Metallica shirt is not on backwards. She pulled her shorts a bit since it’s way too short for her liking but it’s the only nice one she has.

It has flowers..pink, glittery ones.

She came down only to be greeted with a scene normal to her but most probably not normal to the love of her life. Her mom who was sitting beside Yonghwa in her Jane Fonda attire fresh form her aerobic workout  and was smiling full blown at him, Jonghyun in shirt and boxers slumped on the floor just right in front of Yonghwa playing video games with Jungshin who was in sweats. Her dad in the kitchen making coffee like it’s 7 in the morning. Minhyuk is missing, cause he is still sleeping.

“Hi!” she greeted shyly at the bottom of the stairs.

Jungshin frowned as he stared at her completely weirded out

Yonghwa stood up “Hi”

“Please sit oppa” she made her way to the couch while trying not to trip on the mess “Sorry uhm we sorta stay in on Sundays” They were sitting close together when Joohyun looked past Yonghwa to her mom who was still sitting there and still smiling at them. She raised her brows and pointed using her lips to move, but her mom won’t have it.

“So Yonghwassi was it?” her mom

“Oh just Yonghwa mam please.”

Her mom beamed “Yonghwa! Okay call me eomma!. I’m sorry I we didn’t know Joohyun will get a visitor today. I should’ve prepared something to eat my goodness!”

It was Jonghyuns turn to frown and gave their mom a side look “mom how about you prepare some snacks for our guest?” he asked as he went back to their game shoving Jungshin as his player took a hit. Joohyun mouthed a thank you to her brother who only winked at her.

“Okay fine! I was just making small talks!” Her mom excused herself and went to the kitchen and began preparing some snacks for the whole family

“So what brings you here?” she asked timidly

“Sorry to have come unannounced, I was thinking of texting you but just came without doing it, I hope you don’t mind”

She shook her head “of course not, did you get enough sleep though? What time did we turn in?”

“Around 6 I guess?”

“Wow and yet you don’t look like someone who lacks sleep”

Yonghwa chuckled “how can I sleep when 2 of my sisters began opening and closing doors at 9 in the morning.”

“Really? Why were they early?”

“Date”

“Oh..I see.” She nodded knowingly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter