CHAPTER 2: Chanyeol

Near Miss

PAST, 2015

Baekhyun and I were childhood best friends. My parents got divorced few months after my mum gave birth to me. She honestly told me it was painful to stay in the city where every part reminds her of dad.

That was why she decided to move us in a different place to start our lives with a clean slate. Not that I really care about it since I was still few months old back then and I got to meet Baekhyun. So, no damage was done here. 

I could not picture my life without Baekhyun in it. I was not good in socializing with people.

I was never bored being alone. But with a group of people, it was a living a hell. I could not even keep a conversation.

And it still surprises me how Baek and I managed to build our friendship. We live on the unspoken rule that he would do the talking while I would give my full attention and provide commentaries if necessary. 

I haven't told him this but I am grateful that we went to the same school in my entire academic life. His friends became my friends, too. His group studies became my group studies, too. But college was entirely different.

He was a communication-major while I pursued an engineering degree. 

Despite the drastic changes and the instant need for me to adjust, we still managed to spend time together. And just like today, I am on my way to his classroom since it's his last class and he asked me to accompany him in the bookstore.

I was a seat-in student for his last class. Prof. Yixing was my first year English prof so it wasn't difficult to ask for his permission but this time he was Baek's comm research prof. 

The class proceeded with the boring reporting but something got my attention. Nope. Someone got attention. Maybe it was his intimidating confidence in presenting his cases. Maybe it was his ability to make you listen to him despite not knowing anything at all about his topic. Maybe it was his dark huge lovely eyes. Maybe it was his aggressive facial expression. 

I nudged Baek and asked, "Who is he?" Baekhyun replied while continuously taking notes.

"He is Kyungsoo. He tops most of our classes."