CHAPTER 1: Baekhyun

Near Miss

PRESENT, 2017

He kept sending me photos of Kyungsoo.

Photos of Kyungsoo's smile while eating the sandwich he prepared.

Photos of Kyungsoo reading a book while he is trying not to sleep in the library. 

This has always been Yeol's habit since they officially dating. This has always been his way of telling me, "I miss you, Baek. I miss my best friend."

And this has always been the reason why at the back of my mind I respond to his messages, "If only you saw my love first." 

Of course, my response remained inside my head. It remained hidden under my pillow as I try to sleep at night thinking what would it feel like to sleep in his arms.

But this is not your typical best friend love story where no one has the courage to admit their feelings and risk their friendship. Then they would usually realize they love each other when the universe is already against their happy ending. 

I told Chanyeol what I felt. I told him my feelings weren't just mere platonic love. I told him my poems and stories only make sense when I think of him. I told him that he was the reason I learned to love writing even more. And I told him I love him on the day he told me he said yes on Kyungsoo's proposal to be his boyfriend.