Life as Lee Jean Mae

It's a Collaboration

 

Zacharias' Institute for the Elite

 

The Pentagon

January 10, 2011; 3:00 P.M.

 

"Miss Lee! Were you even listening?"

All eyes turned towards the figure on the head of the table, a blonde veil of hair covering her closed eyes from view, but it was not that hard to guess that she was asleep. Eyes of the members of the Zacharias' Student Government rolled skywards in exasperation as they saw, yet again, their beloved president sleeping in a meeting.

"Well, I have never-!"

"If you would please just continue where you left off, Mr. Furukawa."

A tight smiled vice president interrupted before the arrogant senior did something he would without a doubt regret later on in life.

"But- Mr. Cho! She - !"

"Had an extremely tiring night last evening and would highly appreciate it if you would zip your mouth shut. Unless of course, you would go against rule number 23 of the Zacharias' Oaths for Proper Decorum in the  then be my guest."

A cold voice interrupted before the impending rant could even begin. Slowly, eyes opened to reveal shining green, no, emerald eyes that shown indifference and annoyance.

As cold emerald eyes met enraged brown, the rest of the Student Government officers couldn't help but remember the reason as to why this, eighteen year old, 4th year high school student was voted to become the Student Body President, despite there being older and more popular candidates.

President Lee Jean Mae was a vicious person, hence the reputation of Ice Queen, and had no tolerance for arrogant people who can't back up what their big mouths sprout. Heck, even the College students and alumni would stay clear of her whenever she got irritated, never mind angry. Globe-trotters, which they have taken into calling visiting relatives, competing schools and interested parents, may see this kind of behavior unfitting for a student of an elite school, even worse, as the Student Body President.

Globe-trotters, which they have taken into calling visiting relatives, competing schools and interested parents, may see this kind of behavior unfitting for a student of an elite school, even worse, as the Student Body President. And yes, it was brought up, repeatedly, by the overzealous parents whose children lost in the election,and for the first time ever in the history of the School, the students publicly went against the words of their parents. The strike lasted one week, with each club making a public statement in showing how much they appreciate, love and respect their newly elected officers. It was only when the children who lost in the competition forced their parents to apologize that they did, because it was that or they would run away and humiliate the family name.

The Council find it rather amusing that this, sixth year average grade student (well, as average as an elite could go), actually has the gall to go against their President with much obvious contempt. They knew that the Pres' patiens was already wearing thin, add the fact that, according to her, she had almost no sleep last night then... Well, may God bless his soul.
 
"JM, stop antagonizing him, and you Furukawa Nathan, whatever kind of eternal greatness you think of yourself, take it out of your bloated mind and stick it up your . Remember that you are just a president of a club, and therefor below us, so show some kind of respect, and no, I don't give a about your opinion, you took the oath of Zacharias and that includes giving respect to the Council. I will not have you breaking it for the sake of petty grudges that obviously just lasts until now because of your immaturity, and all of you, STOP laughing, for this is NOT a laughing matter!"
 
Surprised, the Council with the exception of the Pres., turned their eyes sharply to the usually calm and patient Vice President. This was probably only the third time ever since he stepped in office last June that he lost his temper like this. 
 
Cho Dae Gyeo, Vice President of the Student Council, eighteen year old, 4th year student, has the reputation of Ice King in the campus but is known as the 'Monkeyman' in his closely knit group of friends. Their group was dubbed 'Team Tensai' ever since they were in the first grade, and was hailed the 'most appropriate role models of the school' by the Board of Governors.
 
The Board of Governors consist of ten of the MOST influencial ALUMNAE that ever passed through the school's vicious curriculum, wth COMPLETE honors. The Board consists of 5 Male and 5 Female Individuals that have been sworn to secrecy, discretion and loyalty to the school. At the present, the youngest member of the Board was non-other than the famous British actor Tom Felton, who graduated with the course of Acting and Music. He never stayed at the campus for a long time,since he started acting ever since he was 10, but he, like few other students, never stayed for a long period of time, and only went back when there were tests.
 
The first time their Vice lost his temper was during the strike last June. The offending Globe-trotters found it disgusting that the President was hiding behind the students' rioting. Of course, they shared their thoughts with the teachers, and it just happened that Cho Dae Gyeo was on an errand for JM and heard the conversation. Students near the teachers' building was shocked when they heard shouting inside, since shouting was NEVER aloud inside the building, wether it was from the teachers or the students. They were moved further into stupor when they saw their Vice storm out of the building looking much like the devil reincarnate.
 
The second and last time was also during the strike. The teachers decided that enough was enough and planned to expel the one that caused it all, whom they thought was JM. The announcement was made throughout the campus by the school news T.V.s, and when the news hit the rebellion's 'main head quarters' the Vice was the first one to run outside their building and head towards the Principal's Office, where the announcement was taking place. The rest of them watched as their ever so stoic and calm Vice President throw open the doors of the Principal's office and punch the offending teacher in the face. 
 
The rest of the audience, whom were watching through their dorm LCD T.V.s, were all shocked at how he acted. But shock quickly turned to happiness when he continues to pummel the most hated teacher in Zacharias' Institute to the ground. He had to be held back by the school's three  coaches for him to let go. The shouting match that followed was one of the most terrifying  that ever happened. The video showed how he was threatened with expulsion, and he snapped back that if the Board were actually informed about what was happening then THEY would be the ones to be expelled. He also stated facts about the offending teachers that the students would use over them for the rest of their lives.
 
"Now, finish up your report Furukawa, all of us here are tired and would gladly get back to our rooms." Sighed the ever surprising Vice, before he leaned back on his chair and stared at Furukawa impassively.
 
"... The Archery club is lacking the required arrows and needs new targets. The bows that were given to us were of low class,  so we refuse to use them." Slack jawed, JM turned to look at the rest of the council members, who showed various signs of disbelief. Snapping her eyes back at the 7th year, she took in the faked look of indifference, tensed shoulders and dilated pupils. She smirked.
 
"I find it hard to believe that right after Chrismas break, you of the Archery club took it to heart to practice everyday for hours to loose and nick hundreds of arrows for the past week. Not that I'm insulting your perserverance, no, you've got to be hard working if you want our school to win this year's International Sports Brawl, again." JM's taunts were subtle, they were annoying, and they always hit that right spot head on. The council watched with bathed breath as Furukawa's face turned from a pale peach, to pinkish red, to red, to puscha pink before a weird shade of purple. Obviously he caught on, so JM picked up her folder and gazed down at the reports.
 
"Tsk. Tsk. These reports are insufficient, they're vague at best. Tell me, Furukawa-san, who made these reports?"JM never looked up from browsing through the report, attention on a page not lasting for more than five seconds before it was flipped for another. The rest of the council caught each others' eyes before snapping back to their President, who just finished scanning the report and was now leaning back on her blue leather reclining chair, an eyebrow raised staring at the pissed off  Furukawa.
 
"I made the report, Lee-sama." The words were bit out, amusing the rest of the council. Her question answered, JM gave a nod and locked eyes with her vice, who after a few seconds, sighed, took the report and tore it apart, completely aware of how jaws collectively dropped around the room and how malicious glee danced through his best friend's emerald eyes.
 
"What the hell are you doing?!" Screamed out an enraged seventh year as he rushed to collect the torn off papers. Clapping rang out the silent room, and before he knew it, Furukawa was being held up by two school prefects.
 
"John Nathan Furukawa. You have just breached Rule number 23 of the Zacharias' Oaths for Proper Decorum while in the Pentagon and would be receiving the corresponding consequences. You will now be stripped of all ties of influence  within Zacharias' Student COuncil, which are your status as President of the Archery Club, Captain of Zacharias' Bow and your chances to run as representatives for your year level for the future years. An addition to that, due to your lack of respect while adressing the Council you would be attending detention every night for the next two weeks with the teacher of President Lee's choice." 
 
The council gaped at the rather prompt scolding. It was such an embarassing and terrible faith that they felt pity towards him, but at the same time relieved that they weren't the ones to be at the receiving end of the President's ire. They knew that their President liked to mess with people, especially arrogant people who would rather live by their rules alone and not follow out what they have sworn. They also knew that if any of them, including her close riends, were to act that way or even go over that very thin line, she wouldn't even blink an eyelash before handing out the corresponding punishments.
 
"Mr. Furukawa. You would be attending detentions with Coach Smith, please proceed to the Guidance COuncilor and give her this note. Also, you will tell the Secretary of the Archery club to make a complete, detailed and organized report, two copies, of the report you were supposed to pass today. The report must be submitted to me before this week ends or else. Now. Shoo." JM finished her reprimand with the motion of shooing Furukawa away. And Furukawa, despite being livid, knew when to shut up just stomped out of the room. 
 
Tense silence followed his departure, the sound of the chamber's doors closing echoed throughout the room and only when they saw his form outside the building did any kind of sound was made.
 
JM snorted, and just like that the restraint was broken. Lee Jean Mae and Cho Minhae, twin brother of Cho Daegyeo, Editor-in-chief of the school paper and President of the Photography Club, threw their heads back and laughed without sounds and only making odd squeals like retarded seals. Park Luna, Head of the Student Comelec and 4th Year Representative, who was sat at the left side of JM, giggled at their antics while opposite her, Dae Gyeo rolled his eyes but the smirk formed on his face showed his amusement.