Chapter 2

Romeo and Juliet in Seoul

Sara started a whole new interview with U-Kiss while G² fumed leaving the building. Cho broke from the group to go to the restroom while they waited in the car. While in the bathroom, Cho stared at her reflection and took a deep breath. This is ridiculous, she thought, freakin’ jerks. She laughed at that last thought and headed out the restroom. Just then she saw Dongho from U-Kiss heading to the men’s room. She suddenly had the urge to confront him, even though that was completely out of her character. Still, she was pretty pissed so she went ahead and tapped on his shoulder.

“Excuse me?” she said calmly, until he turned around. He looked surprised, but not angry, unlike what Cho expected.

“Hello?” he said. She raised her eyebrows and pursed her lips, folding her arms.

“That wasn’t cool what you guys did back there; you could’ve given us like ten minutes or something.” Cho said, trying to sound serious. Dongho smiled a little.

“Oh, I’m sorry about that. I know it wasn’t cool, but it wasn’t my idea. I wanted to come at 6:30 p.m.” he giggled. Cho starred at him suspiciously, but figured that by his goofy smile, he was telling the truth.

“It’s fine, I just really don’t want that Sara person to make a story out of this. We’re both gonna look bad if that happens.” Cho said.

“Yeaaahhh, I wouldn’t worry about that. No one trusts a word she says. Believe me, when we first debuted, she was all over us, specifically me, being the youngest. I felt like a target every interview, but I learned soon enough that she did that with anyone she thought she could get a story out of. That’s why I had to “use the facilities”. She’s not exactly my favorite person to talk to.” They both laughed a little at that.

“I can relate, I’m the youngest too, and she grilled me back there. Still, Kevin didn’t have to do that. And Kiseop, was that called for?” Cho said. Dongho nodded his head,

“Our management wants us to be super competitive, but Eli and I are the only ones who don’t take that seriously. Everyone else tends to get a bit caddy trying to “protect” their places in kpop. Between you and me, I had no problem with you guys beating us on the charts. Though I must say, “Boys” is probably the funniest song I’ve ever heard, no offense,” He laughed shyly, this time.

“None taken, that song started out as a joke,” Cho said.

“Oh, wow. Well, I’m Dongho.” He extended his hand forward. Cho shook it and said,

“Trust me, I know. I’m Cho.”

“Oh, trust me, I know. Well it was nice talking to you, again, sorry about the guys, they can be idiots sometimes,” Dongho said, oozing shyness. Cho uncoiled, remembering how crazy she was about Dongho back when she was a fan of U-Kiss. The rivalry messed that up, but it was nice to see that he was actually a good guy.

“Don’t mention it, its ok,” said Cho. As she turned around, Dongho reached for her hand,

“You know, I never got your number,” He said. Cho couldn’t believe what she just heard, not only was he hitting on her, but he used a lame pick-up line to do it.

“Funny,” she started, “I don’t remember saying I’d give you my number.” Dongho blushed.

“Well, I just figured that was next, please don’t tell me I’m wrong,” he said. Cho giggled and turned around,

“I hate to break it to you, but love isn’t that easy for me, no pun-intended. I guess I’ll see you around, though.” Dongho was visibly disappointed but he understood.

“Wait, where are you going?” he asked. Cho wasn’t sure whether she should answer honestly or not.

“We’re gonna get a bite to eat at The Brown Dove,” Cho said, telling the truth. Just as she said that, Yuri showed up behind her,

“Conversing with the enemy are we?” She raised her eyebrows. Cho looked at her sheepishly, she wasn’t ashamed of talking to a member of U-Kiss, she just didn’t want anyone to give her flack for it.

“Let’s go, Cho, the restaurant closes in an hour and we’re a long ways away,” said Yuri.

“Ok,” Cho said, sneaking in a wave to Dongho who returned the favor and headed the other way. Cho and Yuri left the building and headed to their car. Cho begged Yuri not to mention her and Dongho talking to management. JYP was lenient, but not that lenient. Yuri agreed, and on the inside, Cho wished she could stay and talk to Dongho, and she suddenly found herself regretting not giving him her number.