Chapter 9 : The Encounter

The Heiress & I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Hwang’s heiress patiently waited the petite girl to open her eyes. From a far there was a beautiful young lady in her age. She walked in rush to the ICU room.


J-Jessie what is she doing here –TF.


The other girl asked the passing nurse, 
“Excuse Me, Where’s the ICU?” asked the panic girl.
“Oh Miss, It’s on the corner. The biggest room in this floor” replied the nurse politely.
The Jung’s heiress walked to the room, her Jaw was dropping, shocked of a very familiar figure sat on the bench in the ICU waiting room.
“S-Stephanie…” muttered The Jung’s heiress in audible volume.
The other girl showed similar reaction, she couldn’t hid her shock.
“What are you doing here?” asked Jessica coldly.
“What are you doing here, too Jessie?” asked the other girl in the same tone.
“Answer me first” stated Jessica coldly. She stared at Tiffany’s direction sharply.
“My bodyguard is in critical condition” replied the Hwang’s heiress in sad tone. Sadness clearly can be seen on Tiffany’s eyes.


Bodyguard? Don’t tell me it’s Taeyeon –JS.


“You haven’t answered my question, Jessie. What are you doing here?” asked Tiffany coldly.
“My friend was stabbed. Doctor told me that she’s in ICU now” replied Jessica sadly.
Jessica sat her on the vacant seat near Tiffany’s spot. Her eyes directed to the particular direction, Taeyeon’s. The petite girl lies like a lifeless body. Beside here there’s a ventilator and few pipes were installed on her petite body. Few nurses and doctor checked her condition. Unconsciously, Jessica’s tears were streaming down without the owner realized.


A doctor in blue shirt walked out from the room, The two girls headed to the doctor’s direction.
“How’s Kim Taeyeon’s condition, Doctor?” asked the two heiresses at the same time in similar tones.
“Well, please calm down Madams. We’ve checked her condition. Her vitals are stable. Hopefully she will gain her consciousness as soon as possible, she passed her critical hours after the operation well” stated the doctor calmly.
After the doctor left the ICU area, the atmosphere felt so awkward. Only deafening silence can be seen in the area. It’s Jessica the first who broke the awkwardness.
“Stephanie, I want to ask you something” stated Jessica in calmer tone.
The other girl directed her head to the other girl’s direction.
“Hmm. What’s that?” replied the Hwang in the same tone.
“How are you? Mind to tell me the details why Taeng- Taeyeon can be like this?” asked the girl curiously.
“First of all,  I’m fine. After years separated, I didn’t think that we will meet again in this situation. I know I did unforgivable mistake when in the US.. I’m sorry about that. And, Taeyeon.. wait, how did you know her?” said Tiffany in calmer tone and expression.
“I couldn’t forget about the thing you did in the US back then, but I’ll try to forgive you Stephanie. And about Taeyeon, I met her yesterday. She was my savior and we’re good friends since then..She told me that she is working as bodyguard for rich family, I didn’t know that the person she works for is you, Steph..the world is so small” stated Jessica coldly.
“Well.. yes she works for me. My dad hired her before I arrived in Seoul” replied Tiffany flatly.
“I don’t know why we have to be involved again. the world is playing us I supposed. And why it’s always you the one who caused troubles for my beloved people, Steph” snapped Jessica sarcastically.
“First, your dad snatched my mom from my dad, second you made I lost my daughter when we were in US back then, because of your stupid carelessness. And now you made my friend in danger, can’t you do at least something good in your life instead of causing problems to the others, Steph..to the people I loved the most?!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter