Day 2 | First Kill

Bite Me | A Park Jimin Fanfiction

I ran towards Krystal. She was sobbing as the thing limped towards her. Almost there, the thing suddenly fell onto her. She tried to hold it up with her hands, screaming as it was trying to bring it’s teeth into her. Everyone else had gotten out of the house at this point, standing in horror at what was happening.

And then, it was like everything happened so fast.

I kicked the zombie off of Krystal and sat on top of it. Hesitating at the sight of another person below me, I slowly raised the knife above my head.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered to the person as I plunged it deep into it’s skull. It let out a growl as it went, now laying lifeless beneath me. Terrified at what I had just done, I fell backwards. Tears started to roll down my face as I had just killed a man. Or what used to be a man.

It was at this time that I heard someone call my name. I looked over to see my father running towards me, looking panicked. I was confused at first but when I turned back around, I saw it.

Another one was directly above me, most likely drawn over by Krystal’s screams. I scrambled to get up but before I knew it the zombie jumped for my arm. I caught it by it’s forehead, holding it in place. My heart was racing at miles per minute as it’s teeth kept clacking together, wanting to take a bite out of me. I quickly looked around for my knife, realizing that it was no longer with me. I then saw it, still in the other zombie’s head.

“,” I cursed under my breath, trying to figure out what to do. My arm was getting tired at this point and the zombie started to get closer. The zombie grunted at me, trying hard until it suddenly stopped.

My knife had gone through it’s skull, splattering blood all over me. I glanced up to see that it was Krystal who had saved me. I then pushed the thing off of me, quickly getting to my feet. I glanced over to see that Krystal was as petrified as I was. She was shaking and sobbing into her hands.

My father suddenly reached us, taking me into his arms. I stood, lifeless, not knowing how to cope with what just happened. Kai pulled Krystal into his arms as well, trying to calm her down.

“It’s okay, Av. It’s okay,” My father whispered, trying to calm me down. All I responded with was a single tear, rolling down my cheek, knowing this first kill was just the beginning.

~~

After that I showered, wanting to get the blood off of me. I took longer than usual, wanting to stay in the warm water forever. Eventually, I got out and dried off. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw that I had missed a spot of blood under my cheek. My eyes started to tear up once more as I scrubbed at the spot with my towel.

It quickly came off and I tried to tell myself that I did what I had to do. ‘It wasn’t a man. It was a monster. You had to kill it. You didn’t have a choice.’

I recited those words over and over in my head, trying to let myself know that what happened had happened. But no matter how many times I repeat it, how many times I try to convince myself, I can’t help but think how that used to be a person.

Someone who had a life. Someone who was loved and loved others. Someone who was important to someone else. I wondered if his people he loved were still out there, alive. I really hoped so. Not for my sake. But for his.

I quickly changed, and headed to the bedroom. Everyone else had gone to bed except Jimin’s father, as it was his turn to keep watch. He smiled up at me right before I went in the door and I returned it, trying to show that I was okay.

I quietly closed the door behind me and crawled under the covers next to Jimin, my back facing towards him. I could hear Jung-Yoon and Bomi snoring softly above us again, the sound starting to become comforting. I breathed out, hoping to fall asleep quickly. What I didn’t expect though, was two arms to wrap around my waist.

“Avri,” Jimin whispered, tucking his chin into my shoulder. I started to tear up at his touch. “You did good Avri. I know it must have been hard but you saved her and you are alive. That is all that matters.” At his words, I started to cry, my tears rolling down my cheeks. “I am here for you okay?” I nodded, feeling his smile on my shoulder. He squeezed me tighter, his chest warm against my back.

I let the tears gently fall as I fell asleep, letting his breathing soothe me to sleep.