Day 35 | Hope

Bite Me | A Park Jimin Fanfiction

Jimin stared outside while he sat on the porch, his knuckles bruised and his face covered in cuts. He glanced down at his hands and ran his finger over the discolored marks. It took everything he had not to break down at this moment.

Two days since they were separated and the boys were still at the farm. It was a hell of a fight, gunshots firing everywhere, fists being thrown left and right, and worst of all, people dying.

They all fought extremely hard, wanting to get their loved ones back and they had no idea how they were able to make it out alive. Most of them at least.

Jimin had been fighting one of the guys as they drove off with the girls. What he didn’t see however was Taehyung running back inside the house, chasing after a scream he heard from upstairs.

His heart was racing, petrified at what he was going to find after that gut-wrenching scream. There was only one person that wasn’t down with them when all this went down as he was still not able to move fully. Jae.

Taehyung jumped up the stairs and when he reached the room, his worst fears came true. A man got up from the bed, removing a knife from Jae’s chest as he did so. Taehyung wanted to scream right then and there. How could he let this happen? How could everything go to so fast?

So doing what felt like instinct at the time, he drew the gun that rest on his hip and with no hesitation shot the man who had just killed his friend. He watched as the man looked at him in shock, falling to the ground at his demise.

The worst part however, was when he started to hear noises coming from the bed. Taehyung inched closer and couldn’t believe his eyes. Jae had turned.

He hadn’t been bitten or anything. But it looks like it didn’t matter. Even if they died, they still come back. Taehyung’s eyes started to water, watching as his friend rolled off the bed and started to crawl towards him. With his broken leg sprawled across the floor, he used his arms to move closer to Taehyung. And when he was almost there, Taehyung almost let him bite him.

He had lost all hope. Everyone was separated, his grandmother had died, and the one girl he had promised to protect had been taken right in front of him. Tears started to trail down his cheeks, as he watched Jae grab onto his leg. He closed his eyes and waited for it to happen.

However, when the sound of a gun went off, he opened his eyes to see Jae collapsed next to his leg, a bullet planted inside his head. Taehyung turned to see Jimin standing behind him, his eyes cloudy and red. They looked at each other, not knowing what to say or do in this moment.

But when they heard more gunshots from down the stairs, they both sprang back into action, wanting to at least save the other friends they had made here.

As they ran down the stairs, they were met with Hyuk and Ho-Jun, standing over the men that had attacked them. It was weird, looking over the bodies of men, wondering how twisted humanity could be in times like this.

They were quickly interrupted as the sound of walkers started to draw near the house. As they looked over at the gate, dozens of walkers started to limp in, drawn by the screaming and shots fired from the fight. It was then the four of them, as if in an unspoken silence, ran towards the things they knew they could handle, determined to get through this.

~~~~

It was only after ending all the walkers that they started to bury the bodies. The men who attacked them, they put them in the mass grave they had built, not really caring about what to do with them.

When it came to the people they loved however, they felt that it was too inhumane to do so. They spent the next day digging graves for Namjoon, Bong-Chul, Yijong, and Jae. To believe that just yesterday morning those four were bustling around the farm, laughing and talking with everyone. It was almost like it was a whole other time, one so far and distant from now.

Ho-Jun said some words for each of them, the other three staying quiet as they mourned the loss of their friends and family. Tears were shed, prayers were given, and hugs were shared between the men, knowing that despite all this loss, there was still hope. And they had to fight for it.

That same day they had round up what they could find from the bodies of the men that had attacked them and somehow found a note inside one of the cars, indicating the address of where they had been staying. Seeing the note gave them hope as if it was a sign that they needed to save their people.

They had decided to rest up that night and leave the next day, wanting to be strong and have their heads on straight when they went in guns blazing. They had no idea what to expect when they went to the place but at this point, all they wanted was to get them all back.

So there was Jimin, running his fingers over his healing bruises on his hands when a hand gently laid on his shoulder. Taehyung had patted him slightly on the back, indicating that it was time to leave. Jimin slowly rose from the porch and followed Taehyung into one of the two cars they were taking. They started up the engine and after making sure the gate to the farm was shut, they drove off, in search of the place that the violent men called home.

Taehyung kept his eyes on the road, not wanting to lose sight of Ho-Jun and Hyuk while all Jimin could think about was Avri. Her face had not left his mind for a second since she left. He couldn’t tear the image of her crying away from his head, it permanently seared into his brain.

He shut his eyes, hoping that they were going to be fine when they got there.

That they weren’t too late.