Day 37 | Wishful Thinking

Bite Me | A Park Jimin Fanfiction

Last time...

BANG.

'Avri.'

'AVRI!'

~~~

I woke up in a field of grass.

The sun was shining, the flowers blooming, and the wind gently blowing.

I rose up to my feet and embraced the wonderful feeling.

It was nice. Peaceful.

'-VRI!'

Hearing a faint voice, I turned my head around, surprised to see no one behind me.

'AVRI!'

The voice grew louder, making me realize that this isn't real. Feeling a sharp pain in my stomach, I looked down to see a red spot starting to form. I brought my hand up to the spot, terrified that when I pulled away, the red marked my hands.

'AVRI!'

~~~

I jolted awake, as if the voice brought me back. I quickly sat up and winced in pain. I looked down at my abdomen and saw the blood spot. However, it looked bandaged, as if someone had cleaned it. Carefully, I looked around to see that Jimin was asleep on my shoulder. My father was at the wheel and Somin, Bomi, and Krystal were passed out in the back as well. I breathed a sigh of relief.

We did it. We actually made it out.

Noticing my sigh, my father turned his head, surprised to see me awake. 

"Hey pumpkin," He whispered, giving me the best smile he could muster. I tried the same.

"Hey," I replied, looking down as I did not want to meet his eyes. That is when I noticed that Jimin's hands were covered in blood. It didn't take me long to realize that he must have been trying to save me. He tried to stop the wound. I teared up at the thought. He shouldn't have had to do that. Wanting to shake, the negative feelings away, I wiped at my eyes.

"So, where are we going?" I asked, trying to distract myself.

"No idea. We obviously can't go back to the farm. That would be the first place they would look. And we can't go back to the cabin. I think our next best bet is to just...drive for a bit. Maybe we will come across something, who knows," My father explained. I nodded, letting him know that I understood. I turned my head to look out the window. 

We were driving by an empty field, much like the one in my dream. It was almost nice. Knowing that it was here. Like it wasn't a completely false dream at all.

Jimin suddenly shifted next to me, placing his cheek farther up my shoulder. It startled me at first but it grew to be comforting. Then when his fingers wrapped around mine, I couldn't help but flinch. I wanted to move away but I knew that would wake him up so I tried my best to remain still. 

Tears started to well up again, as I thought how I would never be the same after what happened. Still looking out the window, I let my tears fall, and squeezed Jimin's hand a little tighter. 

My eyes started to drift again, knowing that danger was out of the way and all I could was sleep. I started to hope for a better dream, one to help me escape this reality. 

But, it was wishful thinking.