Chapter 2

Spring Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days seemed to pass by slower than usual. Just getting myself out of bed was a huge feat in itself.

Birds were loudly chirping outside my window and the sunlight entered my room despite the curtain being closed. The day seemed to be more thrilled than I was. All I wanted was to curl myself up in a ball and stay there. I closed my eyes once again, wanting to be under the protection of my dreams, good dreams for reality seemed to be the nightmare.

“Dara yah! Wake up already!” The curtains were pulled open. I flinched from the sudden brightness I wasn’t accustomed to for the past few days. “Yah! Everyone’s worried about you.”

“Bommie? What? Why are you here?” I asked as I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I squinted at her figure, waiting for my eyes to clear and focus.

“Chaerin called me. She told me to check up on you since she’s still stuck on her North American Tour. Minzy was supposed to come but there were some last-minute changes in her schedule.” Bom sat beside me and patted my flying hairs down. “I swear I’m going to kill that Jiyong when he gets back.”

I froze still as I heard his name.

“Hey Dara.” Bom raised my face so that I could look at her. She was clearly very worried about me. “He doesn’t deserve you alright? He doesn’t even deserve your tears. I’ve known you for years and the Dara I know wouldn’t let anything bring her down. When he gets back, I promise I’ll let you be the first one to slap him.”

I chuckled softly. “It’s fine. I’ll pass. Besides, we broke up already.”

“He broke up with you? What the hell! Who in the right mind wou- “Bom was already flailing her hands around the air but I cut her off.

“He didn’t. I broke up with him.”

To say Bom was shocked would be an understatement. I knew she was as confused as she was shocked because she knew how I loved Jiyong. She was there to help me plan for our secret dates and she was also there when Jiyong and I would video call. “What? What happened?”

“We didn’t exactly break up. I told him if he still wanted to be with me. He was already bored of our relationship, of us. I can’t blame him. It was stagnant. We barely see each other nowadays and we’re both too busy to even meet or call. I told him that once he gets back, I would need an answer.” I didn’t know I was already crying.

“Aww Dara.” Bom pulled me into a hug and softly patted my back.

I continued. “But after seeing the article, I already knew his answer. He may not have said that he wanted to break up with me but I know. I know we’re over.”

This ended up with me sobbing uncontrollably on Bom’s shoulder. I was making her sleeve wet with my tears but Bom was a good friend. A sister. She didn’t complain or push me away. She just stayed silent and she patted my back. She knew all I needed was to let out everything. To cry out.

When it seemed like my eyes were too dry to cry, she slowly pulled me out of my bed, guiding me outside my bedroom, making me sit on my couch. She left for a few minutes but came back carrying a bowl of rice pudding.

I didn’t notice I was already starving until my nose smelled the delicious aroma, making my stomach growl in response. My hands were still shaking and very weak but I got the spoon and slowly ate.

As I was eating, I could hear Bom talking to CL and Minzy. They were both asking how I was. When the conversation ended I suddenly hear Bom talking to Sajangnim.

“Sajangnim. Yes. She’s awake. She’s really shaken up about what happened. She’s here, eating. You want to talk to her? Umm… of course.” Bom walked to the couch and reached her phone out to me. “Dara, Sajangnim wants to talk to you. I’ll decline it if you want.”

“Its fine.” I smiled softly. I quickly set the bowl and spoon on the counter. My voice was still shaky and dry so I took a breath before I spoke. “Good morning Sajangnim”

“Sandara I already cancelled all your appointments for today. You just need to rest and get your strength back up. I know you Sandara Park and you being this heartbroken is unusual, even for me. I’ll move all your appointments for next week. Hopefully by then you’ll be feeling better.”

“I can’t say I’m already fine Sajangnim but I honestly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter