Chapter 4

Spring Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dara please sit down.” YG Sajangnim pointed to the sofa in front of his desk. I nodded and sat down. “About your Web series, the shooting will start in 2 days. I actually wanted it to be tomorrow but there’s a Big Bang congratulatory party tonight.”

“About that Sajangnim- “

“You have to go there. The 2NE1 girls will all be present even CL, and Minzy. We need to show that despite Minzy leaving and 2NE1 disbanding, YG Family is still a family. We need to show that we support each other. I know that you and Jiyong have some problems, but we need this publicity. The press will be there for the first 2 hours of the party, so we need the two of you to act normally.”

“I-I understand Sajangnim”

“I’m so sorry Dara.” Sajangnim apologized. I couldn’t bring myself to hate him because I know how hard he worked on all of our image. He was already a father to us and disappointing him would make us ungrateful children. “I tried to find some reason for you to be away, but ironically, this was the night you were free and even the press was expecting you tonight. I’m really sorry Dara.”

“It’s fine Sajangnim.” I smiled, not wanting worry to etch on his face. “I’ll be present. I don’t want to be the kind of person who brings their personal life to work. I don’t want to bother anymore. About the schedule, I actually had questions.”

Sajangnim noticed that I wanted to steer away from any conversation about him. So, we continued talking about the web series I had to do. Dr. Ian garnered positive remarks and became a hit. Since YG seemed to have wanted to promote me to an acting career to slowly bring me back to the entertainment industry as a solo artist, he made me the lead of We Broke Up with Seungyoon as my co-star. For an hour, we talked until YG had to leave for another appointment.

I bid him goodbye and left the room. I took my phone from my bag and turned it on. I didn’t want to be rude during a meeting that’s why I turned my phone off that’s when I started noticing missed calls from Chaerin. Curious for her call, I phoned her.

“Dara Unnie!” Chaerin beamed from the other side of the line. “I’ve been calling you for hours. You wouldn’t pick up.”

“I just had a meeting with Sajangnim about my upcoming series.”

“Oh.”

“Anyways, why’d you call?”

“I just touch downed in Korea! I was hoping we could meet up, all 4 of us girls, since tomorrow I have to go back to America. It’s kind of rare nowadays for the 4 of us to bond.”

“Well we could do that. Did you already tell Minzy and Bom?”

“Both said they’re coming. Actually, they’re already both here.” I then heard Minzy and Bom saying hello in the background. It brought a smile to my face because of how much missed them. “We tried to contact you but you wouldn’t answer. So, are you coming?”

I paused for a second. Do I have anything in my schedule? I forgot to ask Jjangmae about my schedule for today so I didn’t know.

I replied. “I don’t know Chaerin. I’ll check my schedule first. But if I have nothing to do, I promise I’ll be there.”

“Ok unnie. I’ll just send you the location in case you decide to come.”

“Ok then. Bye Cl”

“Bye”

I hung up, excited to meet up with the girls so I texted Jjangmae, asking where he was at the same time telling him where I was. I was too occupied with my phone that I didn’t notice I bumped into someone in the hallway. To say that the scene was cliché was an understatement. Because of my light weight, I tumbled back, only to be embraced on the waist. Just like in the movies, papers flew around my catcher and I.

When I looked at the person, I couldn’t help but smile.

“Noona!” Mino grinned from ear to ear, causing his eyes to turn into slits. I internally laughed at the thought. When he felt that I found my footing, he released me from our embrace. “It’s been a long time noona. I got your message. Your head looked like a dumpling to be honest.”

I laughed at the memory. Mino sent me a video, wanting for both of us to be close. The Winner group were helping him direct his video message in the snow. I appreciated the gesture so I sent him a video back. We never had the time to meet up since Winner had been busy back then. Time just pas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter