Chapter 3

Spring Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Doomsday. Judgement Day.

Or as Daesung would like to call it “D-day”

I woke up dreading for this day to happen. I’ve been working for the past few days, hoping it would distract my mind from the upcoming life-changing event and it did, but it was a temporary solution.

I already saw an article that Big Bang just landed on Korea, seeing pictures of the five of them leaving the terminal to the YG van. I wanted to ignore him today but I had to go to the YG building to talk to Sajangnim about the upcoming web series I was casted in. I had to face reality.

I pushed myself off my bed to feel the painful pounding in my head. I could smell the strong stench of alcohol on my clothes and breath. Last night, when I reached my apartment from the club I went with Minzy and Bommie, I drank another bottle of soju before I plopped on my bed and fell fast asleep. I didn’t bother to change. I don’t remember what I did last night but I knew I was really hammered. I didn’t take anything to keep myself sober, I just had this insatiable need to forget for at least one night, especially since it was the last night where Jiyong and I were officially a couple.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I searched for the device to find it nowhere. I then started throwing my pillows and blankets on the floor, hoping that it was just on the bed but it wasn’t. I finally found it in my front pocket. I wanted to laugh at how stupid I was but my throat was too dry to even laugh.

“Hello?” I said, hearing how dry and gruff my voice was.

“Dara it’s me.”

“Oh, Manager Jjangmae. Sorry I was just about to call you.”

“I’ll be in front of your apartment at approximately 10 mins. There’s traffic right now. I’m so sorry. I know you hate being late”

It was actually fine by me that he was late. I was far from ready and I needed time to prepare. It might take me double the time to do my morning preparations since I’m having a migraine. “It’s fine. The location is close anyways.”

“Dara never mind. The traffic seemed to have lessened. I’ll be there 7 minutes’ tops.”

“Oh, ok then.” . That’s not enough time.

“Bye” Jjangmae hang up the phone and that’s when I went into panic mode.

I stood up and quickly went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I decided against a bath and washed my face instead, hoping that the redness of my eyes will lessen but to no avail, it didn’t. I groaned inwardly. I ran to my closet to find myself trip on nothing.

“This day just keeps getting better and better.” I groaned. I stood up and checked my aching knee and shoulder. It was definitely red and about to start bruising. Deciding to wear pants for the day, I opened my closet to find none of what I needed. I slowly slapped myself, remembering that my stylist came in yesterday to change my clothes. I decided on a long-sleeved sweatshirt dress since that was the longest thing in my closet. It couldn’t hide the already darkening bruise on my leg but it could at least hide the bruising on my shoulder and elbow. But before I could wear the thing, my stomach started irritating and I felt something going up my throat. I clasped my hand on my throat and ran as fast as I could to the toilet. As fast as I fell on the bowl, I vomited. My throat burned as soon as I let out everything I had left in my stomach. My hands were shaking as it clutched the toilet bowl, weakly.

I stood up and brushed my teeth as soon as I felt at least the slightest strength back in my body. As soon as I finished, I quickly changed, seeing the hollow expression on my face and the redness of my eyes. I then went to the kitchen to drink some painkillers to ease my headache and muscle cramps. I didn’t have time to cook anything, so I just drank at least 2 glasses of water before taking my painkillers. I can’t cook anyways. Then right on time, someone rang the doorbell.

“Coming!” I shouted out loud to only to irritate the already swollen throat. I coughed a lot as I grabbed my phone and my shades before I went out the door to meet my smiling manager, forgetting to take at least a pill of painkillers.

“Let’s go” Jjangmae smiled.

I just nodded, already dreading speaking.

Before we reached the building, I checked out my Instagram. I was honestly scared of leaving my apartment because there could be a chance that “he” and I would meet. I wanted to delay this day possible but since I couldn’t, I tried to delay our encounter as much as possible. As I checked my Instagram, I noticed that he posted something in his private Instagram account and that’s when I saw the pictures of him clubbing with Big Bang and the squad. I smiled at the videos of his having fun and smiling in the camera, but that was until I saw one were Kiko kissed his on his smiling cheeks. The boomerang kind of video where it just loops. The smile on my face disappeared. The more it looped, the more I felt the stabbing sensation in my chest. It numbed the hangover I felt for a few seconds because all I could focus on was the video.

Suddenly, I hear the side of the van open. I shook my head and placed my phone in my front pocket. As I stepped outside the van, I flinched at the brightness despite the sunglasses I wore and got dizzy.

I suddenly felt a supporting hand on my arm and I looked up, seeing Manager Jjangmae’s face worried. “Are you alright?”

I nodded and smiled. He retracted his hand from my arms. I looked up and admired my surroundings. The building still looked as great as the first time I entered the place.

“By the way Dara” Jjangmae called me. “Sajangnim called to tell me he might be a little late so he told me that you should go to the Studio and ask Teddy hyung for your song in We Broke Up. Teddy hyung wanted to record some parts to at least check before you and Seungyoon record the whole song.”

“Okay.”

“Hey Dara” Jjangmae stopped in front of me. “Are you okay? You don’t sound well. Are you sick?”

“I’m alright” I smiled but Jjangmae didn’t look convinced. “I’m just hungry. I didn’t have enough time to eat breakfast. I’ll be fine by the time I get to chew on something.”

“Then you go to the studio first. I’ll get you something to eat first okay?”

“Manager Jjangmae!” Someone called. We both looked to see a staff approaching. “I’m so sorry but we need your help sorting out Dara’s schedule. Something suddenly came up so we need your help.”

I could see Jjangmae was thinking, probably planning my whole schedule in his head.

“I’ll go to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter