Chapter 7

Spring Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything seemed against me today.

For once, I actually woke up feeling happy and positive about the whole day ahead of me. It was finally the last day of filming for We Broke Up and they would have a congratulatory party later on but fate was really against me.

I woke up contracting a cold which I was sure would turn into a fever later on. It would probably disappear if I did have time to go to the hospital which I didn’t. And what’s worse, I didn’t wake up on time. Because of that, I didn’t have enough time to look for my car keys that miraculously disappeared on the day I needed them.

I ran outside the apartment only to remember that I was born with two left feet and tripped just as I ran out the door. Then I found out the elevator of their apartment building was undergoing maintenance so it was out of order, making me run down the stairs wearing my heels. Just as I was outside of the building, I hoped to hail a cab but after standing for 15 minutes with my phone constantly reminding me that I desperately didn’t have time, I gave up and decided to walk all the way to the filming site. After 5 minutes of walking, well running, the gods decided that today was the lucky day for plants to hydrate themselves. At first it started with droplets but I reassured myself that it would pass but then it started raining down on me like bullets, drenching me from head to toe.

“It will be fine Dara.” I spoke to myself, despite the loud chatter from my teeth.

When I did reach the filming site, there were no equipment, vans, staff… anyone. It was one deserted place.

“What the hell?” There I was drenched, frozen, already feeling my cold turning into a fever, and totally confused at the sudden turn of events. I fished out my phone from my pocket, using my hand as a makeshift umbrella for the device. I opened my messenger app to find messages from my manager that the filming will be delayed for a few hours until the rain ends at probably 10 in the morning.

It was currently 7 am which means I had to wait for 3 hours. 3 long hours! But based on how I was sniffing, I felt like I’d pass out from my worsening cold.

How could this day get any worse?

Then at that moment the rain stopped falling on me. I looked up to see someone holding an umbrella on top of my head.

“Long time no see princess” He said as he held the umbrella with his heavily tattooed arm.

At first I was hesitant because this guy was wearing a face mask and a cap, but after surveying him, I could see an unusual number of tattoos on his neck and arm. That made me sure of his identity. “Jay?”

“The one and only” A knowing smirk formed on his lips. “I’m shocked someone like me could easily be forgotten”

“Could this day get any worse?” I grumbled under my breath. I’ve known Jay Park since we were trainees, the kid is talented but honestly, his attitude could be better. Yes, he’s kind at heart but the arrogance he carried whenever I was around didn’t make us into close friends. “Why are you here?”

“I could ask you the same. Honestly, is being with me that revolting?”

“Yes” Despite the heavy rain, my desire to stay away from him was far greater so I braved the unrelenting storm falling. He quickly followed suit though, trying to keep the rain from falling on both of us.

“And here I thought that by now you would forgive me.”

“You ditched me in the bar, drunk off my . Something bad could’ve happened you know?”

“Well you came out unharmed, right?” He finally caught up to me who was still searching for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter