Six

His Miss Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's lunch and I'm currently trying to balance a tray with a small bowl of soup, vegetables, a chicken and a slice of watermelon. I'm having bad visions of me accidentally losing balance, trip, fall, and then have the bowl of soup fall on my head. God I don't want that to happen. I safely placed my lunch tray on my table where Sooyoung, Seulgi and the rest are already eating at. I sighed in relief.

Before I can even take a seat, I hear footsteps behind me that sounds like it's in a rush. Also someone saying whoa whoa whoa repeatedly.

"Move! Move!" I hear someone say, but before I can even look at the source of the voice, I felt something hot hit, or rather, splash, onto the back of my skirt.

", , ," Someone whispered repeatedly behind me. I looked down at my tray of food. Oh right, we're having soup for lunch today. I don't have to take a look at the back of my skirt to know that a part of it is soaked in soup. I can feel everybody looking at me, especially with the silent gasps and whispering.

I closed my eyes, breathed in, and out. Then, I looked back. To be honest, I wasn't really surprised to see an all too familiar face.

Kim Taehyung.

A round of applause.

I made eye contact with him for a long time- it's like we're playing an eye contact game; whoever blinks or looks away first, loses. I looked around the cafetaria. As expected, everyone was staring, eager to see drama unfold in front of them.

I grabbed his wrist tightly, on purpose. If I'm going to let out my anger on him, I'm definitely not going to make it public. "Hey, chill out with the grip," He said, trying to pull away from me. 

I held his wrist even tighter and made a beeline for the girls' bathroom. I have to fix my wet skirt, I don't want the soup to stain it or worse, have the smell cling to it all day. I ignore Taehyung's complaints of 'Why are we in a girls' bathroom' and 'I have business with Yoongi to deal with, can you hurry up'.

Once we're inside the bathroom, I realized that there are two female students already in it, currently applying makeup; one is reapplying her mascara and the other is touching up on her lip tint- too red, by the way. I didn't really mind shooing them away since they're first years. God, I sound like a mean senior but I really want to get my skirt fixed fast.

"Do something about my skirt, ," I said, trying to sound angry and intimidating. Doesn't seem to work though, Taehyung is still dumbly standing in front of me, hands casually in his pockets.

"It was an accident, not like I wanted it to happen. Now if you'll excuse me, I have much more important things to do-" He was about to open the door, but I caught his wrist.

"At least help me with this. You're the one who bumped into me, not me" I said, "Go take the tissue roll inside the stall,"

Taehyung rolled his eyes but he did what I instructed anyway. He also wet the tissue with water and put a bit of soap in it; then, he bent down until he was level with the patch of soup on my skirt. I didn't expect him to actually clean it for me. He was rubbing the tissue onto the patch. Honestly, I don't know how to feel. I'm a bit embarassed, actually, since the patch is located near my.. . Anyway, I stopped him and told him that I could do it myself.

Taehyung stood straight, took off the hoodie he was wearing; which was the school's soccer team hoodie, dark blue in color and it had his name in the back along with what I assume is his jersey number. 31. I didn't know that he was part of the soccer team. I also didn't realize that he was extending an arm towards me, hoodie in hand.

I raised an eyebrow, and to that he said, "Tie this on your waist, make sure that patch in the back gets covered," then, "I have perfume in the front of my bag, spray it over the patch and so the smell won't cling. Oh and my bag is in front of the Biology lab, by the way."

"Oh you don't have to-" before I could finish, he's already making way for the door.

"I'm really sorry If I ruined your day. Let me make it up to you sometime," He didn't look at me when saying that, and left the girls' bathroom.

I sighed and eyed the blue hoodie in my hand. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter