Five

His Miss Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So like, I went to the mall yesterday and found this really pretty dress. It costed a lot but thank god I've been saving my pocket money for the past month. Anyway, when I was about to pay it at the cashier, I took out my jar of savings and the cashier ed saying that they don't accept pennies!" Sooyoung ranted whilst playing her phone.

I nodded, unsure of what to say. It's pretty early in the morning and we're on our way to school- it turns out that Sooyoung takes the same road as me on her way to school and we're walking together. We're already in the front gates and there's not much people around.

Passing by the security, I bowed. After passing the main gates, there's a big field with lots of huge, shady streets and parking spots. There's a paved path in the middle which leads to the doors. Our school is pretty big; it isn't the best school in the area but this is where most middle-class family students are enrolled in, including me.

Sooyoung seemed to notice that I wasn't paying that much attention so she stopped talking and played her phone instead. I scanned my surroundings, taking in the fresh morning air. On each side of the path which I'm walking on, there are azalea and daisy bushes which complements the neatly-cut grass. I can't help but pluck one.

Just as I was bending to pick one of the azaleas, Sooyoung poked my sides with her elbow. I instantly straightened my back and looked at her, slightly annoyed.

"What?"

"I think someone's waiting for you!" She whispered.

"Waiting for me?" I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Looks like it,"  She discreetly pointed at someone/something in the parking lot area.

I followed my sight to where her hand was pointing. The distance is far so I can't properly see.

"What? Who?" I squinted my eyes. Sooyoung didn't even answer because as soon as I squinted, I can identify the person; Park Jimin.

Why is that guy waiting for me? I suddenly had a mini flashback to what Taehyung said in class yesterday.

"You know Park Jimin has his eyes on you, right?"

Why? I really don't see why he'd have his 'eyes on me'. We've barely even talked, the only thing we exchanged being glances, not conversations. And I'm definitely not planning on having a boyfriend this early into the school year. Even if I want one right now, Jimin isn't the first one to pop in my mind.

"Uh- Let's just enter through the back door near the swings-" I was about to grab her hands when she freed them.

"Why? Don't you want to see him? Aren't you curious of what he wants?" She asked. "Taeeun, let me tell you something. When stuff like this happens, you should consider yourself lucky. Not everyone can have a guy like Jimin waiting for them in the morning like this. This stuff doesn't even happen to me and if I were in your position, I'd gladly rush to where he is right now."

"Why are you lecturing me like this?" I chuckled a little.

"Because," She crossed her arms. "Live a little, Taeeun. You don't get to do these things once you grow old."

Before I can even response, Sooyoung's hands was already on both sides of my shoulders and walking towards where Jimin is standing, leaning against a tree.

"Sooyoung!" I hissed. The said girl grinned cheekily and ran off towards the building. I made a mental note to hide her phone or do things to annoy her later.

I hesistantly faced Jimin, awkwardly pressing my lips into a thin line.

"Good morning to you too," He greeted, flashing a signature smile he probably shows everyone.

"A-ah, good morning." I realized what he meant and greeted him back.

A pregnant silent hung which none of us decided to break. I basically stood awkwardly infront of him without saying anything.

"Wanna walk to class together?" Jimin offered, standing up properly. His request took me off-guard; when he was 'waiting' for me here I didn't expect him to say something like this.

What should I say? I don't know. Frankly, I'd reject but if I did, wouldn't that make a bad impression of me? I'm certain he knows a lot of people so he's probably going to tell them the fact that I rejected (actually I kind of doubt that since it'll probably hurt his pride but), or tell them to stay away with me because I'm a snob, or- 

"So do you want to.. ?"

"Uh, of course, sure." I didn't know why I said that- I mentally sma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter