Four

His Miss Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Taejung, where's my pink bag?" I shouted to my sister who's in the living room downstairs from my room. I eyed my reflection in the mirror, straightening my white tennis skirt and contemplating on whether I should change my baby pink sweater to my pistachio crop top.

Today, I'm going out to the mall with Seulgi and Wendy who begged me to tag along to watch a movie. Sooyoung and Yerim (whom I have never met) couldn't go so it's just us three. Seulgi said that the mall we're going to go to is like, the mall, the kind of mall where you'd meet your grandmother's niece's cousin's fiance's sister and basically everyone from school, even teachers. Because of that little detail she told me, I made a mental note to pay attention to my choice of clothing. For the sake of first impressions. If you were me, face it, you'll do the same thing too.

I'm wearing a pink sweater with a white tennis skirt, paired it with cream flats, put on a simple flower necklace and french braided my hair, which I put to the side. I honestly don't use makeup on a daily basis because the last time I tried wearing it to school my mascara smudged and went down my face for a whole period. I tapped a little bit of lip tint on the center of my lips and blended it.

It's been five minutes and Taejung's not answering. I opened my door wide and called her again. "Taejung! Where's my pink bag?!"

"I lent it to my friend Goeun!" she shouted back from downstairs.

"You did what?!" I was ready to slap her low soulot of her body. "What the f- fluffy teddy bear Taejung?!"

 

After the long walk to the mall and burning three of Taejung's favorite barbie dolls for the loss of my favorite bag, I was waiting for Seulgi and Wendy in front of the main lobby. We promised to meet up here. I watch as cars come and drop off their passengers, but Seulgi and Wendy are nowhere to be seen. I watched as a family-sized car stopped to drop off their passengers. I was expecting to see a mom come out holding her son or daughter, but no- instead I saw Jeon Jungkook- from my class- come out of the car, eyes glued and lips all smiley reading whatever's on his phone, trailed by Jung Hoseok and the rest. I widened my eyes.

I didn't realize that I was still staring until he lift up his gaze and locked eyes with me. My eyes widened even more. I whipped my phone out of my second-favorite bag, the cream one, and pretended to text someone. Out of the corner of my eyes, I can see Jungkook on his phone again. I tried to ring Seulgi, but there was no answer. I clicked Wendy's contact and was surprised that she answered it on the first ring.

"Taeeun! Are you there yet?" She said for the other end of the line.

"No I've been waiting for like, two hours," I answered with a hint of annoyance.

"But It's not even half an hour yet??" She replied, confused.

"Oh god, It's just an expression- anyway, hurry up! What's taking you so long?!" I swiftly hid behind a pillar when I noticed light brown locks peeping out of the car door. I honestly think that there should be nothing wrong with Kim Taehyung seeing me in a public mall, but my brain told me to hide.

I peeked a little and saw Taehyung standing calling someone, the car already gone. He was wearing one of those body-fitting t-shirts in black, paired with denim jeans (with rips in random places that he probably did himself) and expensive looking white sneakers. His light brown hair messy but in a stylish way. It all looked effortless; like he had just woken up, washed his face and put on the first article of clothing he could find- that was probably neglected on the floor of his room. But he still looked good, really good, so good that I didn't even realize I've been staring at him and totally ignored Wendy who was screaming on the other end of the line.

"Sir, please turn right! No, I said turn right! TURN RIGHT!!" Wendy, probably yelling at her Uber driver.

"A-anyway, when you're here, call me. I'll be at Starbucks."

"Yeah, sure- NO SIR! THAT'S A ONE-WAY, A ONE-WAY!! JESUS TAKE THE MOTHERING STEERING WHEEL!"

The line was cut abruptly. I sighed, walking towards the entrance. I realized that Taehyung and his friends are nowhere to be seen, which is a good sign. As soon as I'm inside, I looked at the map and pointed at the nearest Starbucks and headed there.

I was met with the scent of coffee mixed with the scent of 'too-much-air-conditioner' and the sound of people talking in this mainstream coffee shop. I was suprised that there's no one in line and ordered whatever special they have. The barista asked me for my name; usually I'd just write a fake one just for the lolz, but I chose to go with my real name today.

Scanning the area, I spotted an empty table for two and fast walked to claim it. I sat on one of the seats, purposedly choosing a table near the window so I can spot Wendy if she's coming in. To pass time, I decided to scroll through my phone, unamused of w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter