One

His Miss Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I furrowed my brows while pouring milk into my cereal. I was so used to waking up late and not showering in summer that I almost woke up late today. Holiday ended yesterday and you guessed it, today is the first day of freaking school. I moved from Seoul to Daegu because of my father's work (which I don't quite understand) last two months and yeah, they're enrolling me in a new school. I'm so uninterested and not very hyped at that idea- at the whole moving thing, actually. I'm just fine living in Seoul and suddenly my parents just had to move to Daegu. I stared boringly at the cereal in front of me, suddenly losing my appetite.

"Do you want this?" I pushed the bowl of cereal to my little sister, Taejung who is sitting next to me. Taejung happily nodded. I don't know why, but she loves cereals so much. She probably already ate two this morning. "Mom, can I go now?" I asked my mom.

"Oh yeah, sure. Do you want me to give you a ride?" Mom washed the dishes. I shake my head. "I'd rather walk," I just don't feel like having a car ride with Mom this morning; the moment I arrive at school, I'd probably have a really bad migrain.

After saying farewell to my parents, I walked out of my house. I'm already quite familiar with this neighbourhood, I spent three whole days a few weeks ago exploring it. I've seen my school over the summer; it's exactly ten minutes away from here by foot. My parents enrolled me in Yeonhwa High. The school is pretty big. Wait, I feel a pair of eyes staring at me. I glanced at the direction the stare is coming from. A couple of meters away, I spotted a tree, a bench, and a boy. Yeah, that boy must be staring at me. He's pretty tall, he's probably my age, and really handsome. I moved my eyes from his face to his uniform. Oh, I thought, He goes to Yeonhwa too. I raised my brows at him. At that, I think he cleared his throat and looked at the ground.

 

At last, I arrived at Yeonhwa High. It took me 16 minutes to get here- some truck got stuck on the road. Stupid trucks. In front of me, students are walking in pairs to the school gates, chattering with their friends. "Did you hear? Taehyung and Yoora broke up over the summer! Taehyung totally dumped her, he said he's bored with her." exclaimed some girl to her friend, who's walking in front of me.

"Really? I've been waiting for this moment for ages! We might have a chance with him, you know?" replied the friend with the same enthusiasm as the previous girl. Who is this Taehyung guy? Ugh I haven't met him and he already sounds like some douchebag.

From behind, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked back and before my eyes is a tall girl with a cute chubby face. "Hello! I haven't seen you around before, you must be new!" The girl said in a cheerful voice. God, is everyone in this school cheerful and bubbly? I managed a small smile.

"Oh yeah, I'm new. I just moved here two months ago," I said. "I'm Han Taeeun, nice to meet you."

"Oooh, Taeeun, I like that name! It's pretty! Nice to meet you too, I'm Park Sooyoung!" Sooyoung clapped her hands. "Do you want to walk to school together? My friend Yerim is late, so I'm alone at the moment."

"Yeah, sure," I tried to sound as excited as possible. It came out badly, though.

Along the way to the lockers, Sooyoung blabbered about her summer vacation, how pathetic this Yerim girl is for being late and leaving her alone, etc. I only half-listened to everything she said because again, I'm tec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter