Chapter 4

The Melody of My Heartstrings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MOMO POV

Arriving to the lakehouse that I had rented out, I opened the passenger car door for Mina.

She chuckled, reaching for my hand that was aiding her to help her out the vehicle.

“My my,” she blushed, “At least the fame didn’t take away your manners.”

I chuckled as I pulled her hand and smiled at her, “Fame could never do that to me when it came to you Mina.”

She poked my shoulder rolling her eyes, “Sweet talker.”

“I’m your sweet talker baby.” I whispered in her ear causing her to blush and burry her face into my shoulder.  

I laughed her hair, “Not so feisty anymore now are we?”

I felt her shaking her head in the crook of my neck, until she finally pulled away. She analyzed the place, opening in awe at the sight of everything that she saw. We were surrounded by tall trees, and the sounds of the birds echoed through the area, and across the way directly in front of us, the lake glistening from the sunlight.  The area was bright at the moment, but the tree’s help to shield us, letting in only small bits of the light. Still beautiful but not quite blinding.

I watched her as she analyzed the place, twirling in a slow circle, she innocently looked up at the trees, probably feeling significantly small compared to them. She looked at her hands the shadow of the trees with fragments of the sunlight hitting it, as if she never saw such a thing before.

Walking towards the distracted girl I smoothly slipped my hand into her hand making a remark, “Are you looking at your hand because you want me to hold it?” I smiled goofily, earning a gummy one from her in return.

“Come on Mina, we’ll unpack then we can go on an adventure after okay?”

She nodded, “Sounds good.”

I turned to guide us into the house when she tugged on my hand earning my attention turning back to look at her, “What is it?” I tilted my head.

“Thank you.”

I raised an eyebrow. “For holding your hand…?”

She let out a slight giggle, shaking her head at my cluelessness, “No, for everything. Using it to take me here. Spending it with me. I know that you must be tired from your busy schedules, but when you do have the time you always gave me that dedication, and in a way it makes me feel special. I appreciate you doing so much for me. So thank you, for this, for you.”

Swallowing at her sweet words that suddenly made me shy, I tried to play off my shyness, “Haha, h-hey, when weren’t you special? You were a princess before and your still one now.”

I dragged her into the house with me before she was able to say anything.

The house had a homey feel to it, just as I had liked, the smell felt warm and comforting. The atmosphere was perfect for us.

We took our luggage upstairs and started to vacate the drawers and the closet space, with small moments of messing around in between.

Walking back to the car we grabbed the remaining groceries and items that we brought along with us.

We spent the remainder of the evening, cooking and talking and catching up on what had been going on in our lives. Me with my tours, her with her work as well as Jeongyeon…

I was intently listening to her rant about her co-workers when my phone started beeping, disrupting her.

“Did you want to check that?” she asked.

“Ah, sorry. It’ll just be a moment okay?” I reached to grab my phone and looked at the line of messages that accumulated.

Most messages from my Sana, talking about work. I groaned, replying back to her.

“Okay,” I quickly typed the last remaining letters and put my phone back on the table. “You were saying?”

She smiled, “I was saying that that person at work is a complete—“

*Beep Beep*

She pursed her lips and looked at my phone, as I grabbed it. “Sorry Mina baby, its work. Sana and some important things that I need to review for the next tour, things with collaborations.”

“You know what? Just finish texting her first okay? I’ll clean up the dishes.”

I nodded, “Sorry baby.”

She shook her head and replied in a sarcastically sad way, “Ani it’s fine, what can I expect when you’re a big star?”

She got up before I could answer, while my phone rung displaying Sana’s name. “I’ll take this outside for a bit,” I stood up pecking her, “Then when I come back you tell me all about that coworker of yours okay?”

She nodded, taking the dishes to the sink. Slipping outs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter