Chapter 2

The Melody of My Heartstrings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MOMO POV

 

The next couple weeks going on tour felt like eternity. It was so hard to be away from Mina. After each show I would find myself in the dressing room tearing up while looking at her picture. I’d see a couple text messages from her telling me to be safe and that she’ll be waiting for me once I return home.

 

I’ve been texting Jeongyeon to go and check on her here and there, or to take her out to some place so she isn’t at home sulking while I’m away from her.  But tonight I finally fly back to her. Technically I would’ve normally flew back the next day but I missed Mina too much that I begged Sana to fly me out the same night, so that I would get back home by the morning.

 

Over the course of the past few weeks, I have been sending a single rose for every day that I have been away from her with little notes like:

 

“Each passing day and I still think of you.”

 

“This rose is pretty, but so are you.”

 

I sat on the plane, the endless sound of my heartbeat thumping away. Thoughts of Mina ran through my head like usual, finally I was allowed to have a break and I would spend every second of it loving that girl for all the time that I have been gone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I got off the plane and into a cab headed towards her house, no words would be able to describe how anxious I felt, this is one of the longest times that I spent away not seeing her or hearing her voice. The concerts were really draining and I barely had enough time to even eat, especially with the time difference and all. By the time I was done Mina would be fast asleep.

 

Before we got to her place I asked the driver to make one little stop.  Putting my hat on and sunglasses I ran into the flower shop and bought another rose. I smiled to myself in the car and wrote out a little note. The car came to a stop with the driver telling me we arrived at the destination. I handed him some money plus a generous tip.  

 

I adjusted my hoodie to look a bit more presentable, I wasn’t going to lie, I was obviously tired. I just finished my tour last night and then went straight to the airport. I didn’t get to sleep. I walked to her doorstep while thinking to myself, “But it’s all worth it since now I can see her.”

 

I raised my fist and knocked on the door, my heart beat felt as if it were trying to do the job for me.

 

The door softly opened and I let out a big grin, bringing the rose up, “Hi baby I’m—“

 

“Jeongyeon?”

 

“Momo? You’re back? I thought you were supposed to be back tonight.”

 

I nodded letting the hand holding the rose fall to my side. “Yeah, I left right after the show.”

 

“Oh well that’s always good to hear! I’m glad my best friend is back.” She hugged me then pulled away, “We watched a scary movie last night and Mina didn’t want to be alone so I stayed and slept on the couch.”

 

She opened the door to let me in and I don’t know why but something felt off, my heart was still beating but this time it hurt. I felt it sinking to my stomach and I didn’t know how to stop it.

 

I walked into her house, and even I was unfamiliar with the place. “Wow, I guess she changed some stuff around didn’t she?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter