Secrecy

I Won't Give Up

secrecy

Kibum only sees one way to make this wonderful day absolutely perfect. He’s been busy with rehearsals, they all have, but the day has been filled with laughter, jokes and joy so it hasn’t been bad even though they’ve been working hard for hours.

He wants the last of the evening to be his, however, and he wants to spend it with his band member and boyfriend.

Kibum doesn’t want to tell Jinki that they’re going to spend tonight together, though. What’s the fun in that? So instead he says goodbye to them all as they finish rehearsals, gets into his car, drives off and takes a detour before he ends up in front of the dorm.

He knows Minho is going to be there too but that can’t spoil tonight. There is nothing that can spoil tonight.

 

Jinki has just dressed in sweatpants and a way too large T-shirt for the night when the doorbell rings. He frowns and looks towards Minho who just shrugs. None of them is expecting visitors tonight and Jinki just wants to lay down on his bed and sleep. His body is tired from a day of hard work and while today has been better than so many others, he’s still just hoping for a date with his bed and a good nights sleep so he can work hard again tomorrow.

He’s ready to ignore the person on the other side of the door when his phone lights up with a message from Kibum. The message is a photo of Kibum in front of what looks like the front door to the dorm and it makes no sense but he still walks towards the hall.

When he opens the door he gets an armful of boyfriend and he blinks confused.

“What are you doing here?” Jinki asks when Kibum lets go of him and sends him a wide smile.

“Surprise!” he says and laughs and Jinki shakes his head slightly before he pulls Kibum into the hall and embraces him again, this time softer and more comfortable. Kibum relaxes in the embrace and the two lovers just stand together in the hall.

“Who is it?” Minho shouts from the living room and Jinki lets go of Kibum so he can link their hands instead.

“Kibum,” Jinki shouts back to Minho and Minho groans. Kibum snorts with laughter and Jinki just smiles softly as he pulls Kibum with him towards the living room.

 

When they enter, Minho greets Kibum before he gets up from the couch. Jinki can hear him rummaging through the kitchen before the door to his room closes and as Jinki plops down on the couch he pulls Kibum with him. Jinki leans against the arm rest and Kibum snuggles in between his legs, his back resting against Jinki’s chest. Jinki’s hands wrap around Kibum’s midsection and Kibum lets out a small sigh.

“So why are you here?” Jinki asks again, his words a soft whisper on Kibum’s neck. The living room has quieted down even though Minho is still in the dorm and they’re still sitting in the living room.

“I wanted to spend tonight with someone I love,” Kibum answers and Jinki presses a kiss to Kibum’s neck. Kibum sinks back against Jinki and closes his eyes as he takes in the comforting warmth of his boyfriend.

 

The silence stretches on between them, neither of them needing to say anything for the other to understand the need to be together just like that. When they’re working, even as SHINee, their contact with one another is limited to professional. They can’t just stop in the middle of rehearsals to kiss and they can’t do anything outside of what can be written off as fan-service when they’re in public.

Both Jonghyun, Minho and Taemin know they’re together, so do their managers and the company, but even then, they have decided that work is work and not the time to be affectionate.

When they’re extremely busy that leaves little time to just be together, but they take it in stride. At least they’re together, even when they’re on tour.

The public is the reason Jinki hasn’t moved in with Kibum yet as well. Someone is bound to find both Jinki and Kibum’s car at the same apartment complex and connect dots that doesn’t need to be connected by the public.

But when they have quiet evenings like this, it’s like the secrecy of their relationship and the professional attitude they uphold when they’re working is easier to overcome. Their relationship is beautiful and the love between them overwhelming.

 

Kibum moves his back a little against Jinki’s chest, scratches a spot he can’t reach because he’s too lazy to move away from Jinki, but Jinki’s shirt is unsatisfying and Jinki chuckles when Kibum continues.

“Itchy?” he asks and Kibum groans a little in reply. Jinki laughs and lets go of Kibum’s midsection where his fingers have been drawing calming circles. He pushes Kibum slightly away from him and lets his hands run down Kibum’s shoulders, down his back and when his nails find the itchy spot Kibum almost moans in relief. It makes Jinki smile and he continues scratching.

“I love you,” Kibum says about 5 minutes later when Jinki has scratched his back up and down. Jinki just hums sleepily. It’s not that he doesn’t love Kibum either, he’s just too tired to say it out loud. Kibum gets the hint, though, and chuckles a little when he moves from Jinki’s touch so he can turn around and look at his boyfriend.

“You should go to sleep,” he says and Jinki shakes his head.

“Yeah,” Kibum says and Jinki shakes his head again.

“Not without you,” Jinki says and Kibum feels his heart melt a little. He leans closer until he’s so close he can connect their lips and the kiss is lazy, soft and filled with love. It’s not passionate like it is on some nights and it’s not needy like it is on other nights. It’s not new, it’s not fresh. It’s familiar and comfortable and lazy.

It’s representative of their love because it’s what Kibum considers home. There are a million cheesy quotes on the internet but Kibum thinks, he might begin to understand the one that relates a person to home. Jinki is home. There is no where he’d rather be than beside Jinki.

When he breaks the kiss, Jinki doesn’t open his eyes.

“Hey babe, don’t sleep on the couch,” Kibum says and Jinki hums in agreement, but does nothing to get up. Kibum kisses his nose and Jinki wrinkles it habitually.

“Just let me sleep,” Jinki murmurs and Kibum chuckles.

“I’m going to bed, then.” Kibum gets up from the couch and the second he takes a step towards Jinki’s bedroom, his warm fingers encircle his wrist and holds him back.

“Nooo, don’t leave,” Jinki says, eyes still close. Kibum smiles wide and leans down to kiss Jinki’s lips softly again.

“Then get up and follow me, you silly thing,” he says and Jinki sighs.

 

“That’s cheating,” Jinki says when they lie in bed, Kibum snuggling into Jinki’s chest, memorising the scent of his shampoo that is so characteristically Jinki. Jinki’s fingers are lightly scratching Kibum’s back in soothing motions. Kibum just hums.

“I know you love me,” he says and Jinki admits defeat immediately with a kiss to his temple. He whispers an ‘I love you’ back but with the way Kibum’s breathing has turned heavy, Jinki is pretty sure Kibum hasn’t heard him. It’s okay, though. Jinki wouldn’t want it any way.

 

When Kibum wakes up in the morning, he curls closer to Jinki, closes his eyes and breathes in his boyfriend.

author's notes

Cannon!SHINee. You know, sometimes I wonder how I became a fluff writer and managed to stray from the angst I used to write. This was also one of those times. I think it's because it's Onkey, to be honest. (I may or may not have a crush on Jinki but that's not like it's a surprise really).

The back scratches were a part of the request so they had to be there and for some reason, it just fits better when it's evening and lazy and cuddly like that. 

I honestly never really write cannon and there's a reason for that, but damn, sometimes my imagination gets the better of me, lol.