Too Hot

I Won't Give Up

too hot

“I have a good idea!” Jonghyun announces and giggles. Everybody turn to look at him while he waves his half-full glass of red wine around. Taemin sighs a little and puts a finger on Jonghyun’s glass to keep it from tipping and spilling the contents onto the expensive white carpet.

“You never have good ideas when you’re drunk,” Minho says and Jinki chuckles from where he’s sitting on the floor. Kibum feels his heart squeeze at the sound and he buries his crush just a little deeper. There’s no reason to be any more obvious than he already is.

“Oh shut up, this is a really good idea!” Jonghyun says again and the wine splashes dangerously in his glass and Taemin scoots further away. Jonghyun doesn’t notice because he doesn’t sulk at the fact that nobody wants to really sit beside him.

“Okay, so what is it?” asks Kibum and Jonghyun smiles wide at the attention.

“We should …” he says and hiccups. “We should kiss!”

The silence that sinks over the living room is suffocating until Minho barks out a loud laughter that automatically have everybody else laughing as well. Jonghyun is giggling, the wine glass now resting on his lower lip as he looks at his band members with affection and anticipation.

“Nobody wants to kiss you, hyung. You probably taste of red wine,” Taemin murmurs. Kibum snorts at Taemin’s comment but Jonghyun thankfully doesn’t hear them.

“I would kiss you, Jonghyun” Jinki says then, a counter to Taemin’s comment. Jonghyun widens his eyes and Kibum’s heart sinks to the bottom of his stomach.

So much for crushing on Jinki, he guesses. If Jinki is willing to kiss Jonghyun, then he most likely isn’t as infatuated with Kibum as Kibum are with him. Dammit. Crushes were created by the devil, the must have been. There’s no way Kibum is going to stay and watch Jinki kiss the other members and have his hope crushed over and over again.

Jonghyun lifts his hand in defence and shakes his head wildly.

“We need some rules!” he declares and Minho tries to conceal his laughter unsuccessfully. Jonghyun swipes at him but his aim is far off. “How about … How about … How about…”

“How about what?!” Taemin interrupts and glares at Jonghyun who is unable to find his words.

“How about …” Jinki says and holds a dramatic pause before he continues. “we kiss without stopping and without touching. The one who first touches or lets go loses.”

Taemin and Minho nods with wicked smiles, Kibum blinks a little confused and Jonghyun claps excited.

Kibum doesn’t like the look in Taemin’s eyes but he doesn’t get to say anything before both Minho and Jonghyun has agreed and he’s somewhat forced to agree as well. If he doesn’t want to play, he’ll be the outsider and Taemin will, undoubtedly, mock him for the rest of eternity if he doesn’t out him.

Kibum knows it was a mistake to tell Taemin about his crush.

While Minho and Jonghyun discuss how to choose the couples, Kibum watches Jinki taking a sip of his beer. He can only hope that he won’t have to kiss Jinki because he’s not sure he can watch Jinki kiss any other than him. It may be jealousy speaking, but even if it isn’t, Kibum knows that he’ll act irrationally and that won’t be good.

Taemin comes up with the punishment, the winner can do whatever they want to the loser. It’s a little like a dare except Kibum knows he has ulterior motives. Taemin never does anything without ulterior motives.

 

The first couple to kiss is Jonghyun and Minho and Jonghyun loses a few seconds later when he giggles and has to pull away to start laughing. Minho frowns a little, slightly offended that it was so funny because he considers himself a very good kisser.

Kibum rolls his eyes while Minho pouts and gives Jonghyun a punch on the shoulder that has the smaller male toppling over in his drunken stupor. Jonghyun’s red wine spills on the carpet and Taemin groans.

 

Taemin and Minho kiss next, Taemin’s eyes closed as their lips press together. They stay still until Taemin pokes his tongue out between his lips and wets Minho’s lips, causing Minho to break the kiss in disgust. Taemin just smirks. Jinki laughs, eyes sparkling like stars and Kibum would rather forget the 3 idiots they’re with and just focus entirely on Jinki.

Jinki is magical in the way he smiles and drinks his beer. He’s so focused on the game that he doesn’t notice Kibum staring and Kibum’s heart is beating so loud in his chest that he doesn’t hear when someone dares him to kiss Taemin. Jinki pats his knee and sends him a wide smile that has Kibum’s skin burning.

The romantic image his crush has painted them in scatters when Jinki repeats the request; kiss Taemin. Kibum frowns a little but leans closer to the thinner boy anyway. Taemin’s lips are moist, bigger than Jinki’s and they feel odd. It doesn’t feel right. Taemin isn’t a bad kisser, not at all, but Kibum only wants to be kissing one person in this room and Taemin is not that person.

He, too, draws the line when Taemin tries to deepen the kiss in the worst way Kibum has ever seen anyone try to deepen a kiss. He gives Taemin a glare as he pulls away and makes sure to tell him that he’s an awful kisser. Taemin doesn’t seem affected in any way when he confirms with Jonghyun that he can dare Kibum to do something as well as part of the punishment.

So Taemin looks from Kibum to Jinki and back to Kibum and just as Kibum’s eyes widen in realisation and he’s about to leave the living room, the dare leaves Taemin’s mouth.

“Kiss Jinki.”

Kibum shakes his head frantically.

“Taemin,” he whines and Taemin shrugs and looks towards the ceiling with an innocent look. Jinki pouts a little, it looks ing adorable and Kibum is very close to running away from it all so he doesn’t have to deal with the way his body protests and the heartbreak tomorrow when Jinki realises they kissed and that it means nothing.

“You don’t want to kiss me?” Jinki asks, eyes teary and Kibum curses Jonghyun internally because Jinki wasn’t supposed to learn how to tear up with puppy eyes like Jonghyun does. It only makes him harder to resist.

“Kiss him, kiss him, kiss him,” Minho chants in the background and Taemin joins him. Kibum glares at them again but his blood is rushing in his head and it’s making him slightly dizzy.

This is too cruel. Taemin knows he’s in love with Jinki, has fallen too deep and that this will only result in hurt and heartbreak, but there’s no way he can back out of it now without acting up and acting up will prove that there really is something else.

So he rolls his eyes like he usually does, leans closer to Jinki and shuts out everything. He doesn’t want to think, he doesn’t want to hear, he doesn’t want to see. He doesn’t want to feel. If he can close off and forget this entire thing, then maybe he’ll be able to survive tomorrow. He’ll have to drink a lot of soju and vodka when they’re done so he can black out and forget.

Jinki’s lips are soft in a strange chapped way and they fit Kibum’s perfectly. Kibum melt completely into the kiss and he only barely avoids sighing in content. Jinki kisses like it’s a dream. It’s all slow and the way he moves his lips against Kibum’s is so enchanting. It itches in Kibum’s fingers to touch Jinki, to pull him close and deepen the kiss but he doesn’t do anything but reciprocate the kiss.

It’s nothing like the earlier kisses shared amongst them. This is not just a press of lips against lips or Taemin’s teasing tongue provoking them to losing.

This is a real kiss, a soft kiss filled with love and … Kibum really needs to forget this because this is going to be his death. When Jinki sighs against him and softly deepens the kiss, their lips still moving in tandem like they were meant to be, Kibum loses all self-control and lets his hand gently caress Jinki’s cheek. Jinki then pulls away with a small smile.

“You lost,” he whispers and Kibum realises that this is a game. This is not a kiss of love, it’s not a kiss because Jinki wants to kiss him. It’s all just a game and Kibum just lost. Kibum is about to pull away when the sounds around them overwhelm him again.

Taemin and Minho are laughing out loud, Jonghyun is giggling while he loudly exclaims “Kibum lost, Kibum lost, Kibum lost.” Kibum pulls further away from Jinki and shrugs a little, hoping he looks more nonchalant than he feels.

“What do you want me to do?” Kibum asks and Jinki sends him a wicked smile when he leans closer.

“Kiss me again,” he says and Kibum only needs to be told once before he connects their lips again. Jinki’s kiss is still as soft but underneath the softness is a small desperation. Kibum thinks he’s dreaming. He must be.

When his heartbeat slows down a little, he hears both Taemin, Minho and Jonghyun shouting “Kibum lost, Kibum lost, Kibum lost!” Kibum flips them off before he wraps his arms around Jinki’s shoulder and pulls impossibly closer so he can deepen the kiss even more.

Kibum thinks he won this game.

author's notes

Someone thought of me when they found a picture prompt and I was like "yes, yes, yes!" so I wrote it the way I see it happening and yeah, it got a little cute. Kibum with a crush is ing cute. >_>'