Movie Night

I Won't Give Up

movie night

Jinki can’t help but smile when he looks at his boyfriend. The way his lips curl upwards automatically and the way his eyes light up at the sight of Kibum is just magnetic and Jinki loves it. He doesn’t even try to fight it, not anymore. It doesn’t matter to him that Minho calls him gross or that Taemin sighs and tells him that he’s whipped.

Jinki will gladly admit that he is a fool for the man he calls his boyfriend. In fact, he considers himself the luckiest man alive. Kibum would fight him tooth and nail to take that title from Jinki, but Jinki holds onto it with everything he has.

It’s a silly fight, really, and it mostly leaves Jinki with big smiles.

It’s the ridiculous battle of who loves who more and neither of them wants to back down. It makes their friends gag and roll their eyes when they watch them, but Jinki doesn’t really think it’s any of their business anyway.

There is one thing he is absolutely sure of and one thing Kibum can never fight him on and that’s the fact that Jinki loves Kibum incredibly much. So much that his heart sometimes feels like it’s bursting just at the sight of Kibum and he feels his hands shaking slightly when he hasn’t touched Kibum in a week.

 

Kibum shakes his head as he turns around from where he’s kneeling in front of the TV. They’re in for a movie night and Jinki has already eaten half the popcorn like usual. It’s not important, though, because Kibum prefers the chocolate and Jinki always leaves it for him.

They know each other’s preferences so well that they never have to fight over silly things like who gets the last candy and what movie to watch. Jonghyun says small fights like that are healthy, Jinki begs to differ. He doesn’t want to fight with Kibum and he’s just glad they don’t fight very often.

In fact, right now, in blissful heaven filled with cuddles with his boyfriend, Jinki can’t even remember when their last fight was. Not that it matters, of course, not when you’re 5 years into your relationship and still as much in love as you were when you first got together.

 

When Kibum sits on the couch and buries into Jinki’s side, the movie on the TV starts. It’s an animation movie, one of those that are guaranteed to make Kibum cry but Jinki thinks it’s so horribly cute when Kibum sniffles and denies that he’s crying.

He snakes his arm around Kibum’s shoulder, even though Kibum is taller and Kibum leans into him. It’s soft and warm and Jinki feels his body settle down in comfort. The darkness of the living room and the soft scent of Kibum’s perfume is enough to make him tired and he slowly sinks into the couch, his head resting on the arm rest.

Kibum follows him and cuddles close to Jinki so he can still watch the movie and stay on the couch. Jinki can hear the crinkle of chocolate wrapper and the sniffles when a sad scene plays out but he says nothing and just breathes in his boyfriend. Kibum shifts on the couch.

“It’s tickling,” he says and shudders a little when Jinki exhales. Jinki smirks and gently blows a little air on Kibum’s nape and the other man shivers again and elbows Jinki’s waist gently to get him to stop.

As the movie continues, Jinki starts to yawn and Kibum’s eyes get droopy as he drops chocolate onto the floor and they both fall asleep, cuddled up on the couch in positions that will definitely leave them hurting in the morning. The couch is too small for two people sleeping, but the comfort of one another is the only thing they truly need.

 

An hour later, Jinki stirs awake when Kibum shifts in his sleep and elbows him in the stomach. He groans a little and rubs at his eyes as good as he can without pushing Kibum to the floor. His neck cracks and as his brain slowly gets into gear again, Jinki realises they’re sleeping on the couch.

He slowly sits up, pillows all ruffled up, and he looks at Kibum and smiles automatically again. Jinki can’t carry Kibum to the bedroom without waking him up, even if he wanted to and while he really doesn’t want to wake up Kibum, he does so anyway, with a small kiss to his cheek and gently fingers caressing his jaw.

“Babe,” he whispers to the dark room and Kibum stirs a little. “Wake up, love.”

It takes another 5 minutes before Kibum wakes up, eyes tired and barely seeing. He yawns and cuddles in on himself, only to almost fall off of the couch.

“We should go to bed,” Jinki whispers and Kibum agrees with a tired mumble.

 

Their bed is much softer and the space is much bigger. Even with these advantages, Kibum still cuddles up close to Jinki and Jinki pulls him so close he can almost taste Kibum in the air he’s breathing. Kibum sends him a lazy smile and leans forward, just enough to press their lips together.

How they manage to sleep when they’re so close together, Jinki isn’t sure. He used to hate lying too long on one limb, but now he can endure sleeping arms as long as he’s holding Kibum. It doesn’t matter how uncomfortable the position is when Kibum is there in his arms.

Their kiss slowly breaks naturally and Jinki sends him a small smile, a secret smile that is for Kibum’s eyes only.

“I’m itchy,” Kibum mutters and Jinki rearranges them slightly so he can turn his hands around and slowly let his fingers up and down Kibum in a back rub. Kibum sighs content and curls his fingers into Jinki’s shirt. Kibum closes his eyes and Jinki focuses on rubbing his back, his nail gently scratching Kibum’s silk-clad skin.

Jinki is almost sure Kibum has fallen asleep when Kibum shifts slightly and slowly wraps soft fingers around Jinki’s wrist so he can guide it under his pyjamas-shirt. Jinki just follows the request and lets his fingers dance over Kibum’s skin and his nail softly scratch.

The more he scratches, the more his own back starts to itch and he shifts to get it away. It’s impossible to do on his own, though, and Kibum knows him too well when his nails start scratching Jinki’s back as well.

There’s silent in the bedroom with the exception of nails softly scraping skin and fabric slowly moving under the tender touches. Jinki sighs in pleasure when Kibum finds the itchy spot and he closes his eyes. Slowly he drifts back to sleep again with the scent of Kibum, the warmth of love and the nimble fingers scratching his back.

Jinki is in love and he wouldn’t want it any other way.

author's notes

I wrote this yesterday and I like it, ok? For the first time in like forever I managed to write a piece that conveied love with the bare minimum of dialogue and I'm proud of it. 

This is the softest slice-of-life I have ever written, the plot isn't there and it's just cuddles. Just simply cuddles, but it's the best thing still.