; 005.

Promises Of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meetings

Yoongi was sitting there, in a cozy cafe he often went to with Hoseok. He was waiting for his brother to appear, impatiently tapping his fingers against the mug of coffee he had ordered before. He had came there too early, now getting anxious because of the waiting, regretting his choice. Why did you come so early if it makes you anxious? He was scolding himself in the back of his mind.

Finally he heard the doors bell chime, announcing that someone opened the door. He shot his gaze up, meeting his hyung's dark orbs looking back at him when walking closer after finally finding the spot Yoongi was sitting at, next to the window. Smile spreaded across their faces when Yoonkyu pulled the chair to sit down while Yoongi greeted him with warm "Hi hyung."

"Hi, how are you doing?" Yoonkyu asked as he was looking at Yoongi, memorizing every little detail about him. "Uh.. Good," Yoongi replied while looking down to his hands holding the mug. "Are you okay?" The older male asked, noticing the odd behavior. "Yeah, just nervous," The younger one replied, a grin appearing on his face for few seconds until it disappeared again. He did not know why he was nervous, it was his brother after all. "No need to be nervous with me," Yoonkyu smiled.

They sat there, chatting and drinking coffee. Until Yoonkyu asked the question which made Yoongi smile unconsciously. "So, what is your current relationship status?" Yoongi's smile was widening when he thought about Hoseok snuggling against him while watching movies like they always did at Yoongi's apartment. "Earth to Yoongi," Yoonkyu snapped fingers in front of his face while using a teasing tone. "So.. Tell me who is the lucky one?" The older male asked, a smirk on his face.

"Uh, his name is Hoseok. He has been my classmate since the beginning of this semester," Yoongi spoke, "Do you remember when we first met at the store?" Yoonkyu nodded. "Do you remember the boy who I was with?" Yoonkyu thought back to that day for a moment before nodding again. A smile ghosted on Yoongi's lips when he said, "He is Hoseok." Yoonkyu smiled, he remembered the said boy, Hoseok. "I would like to meet him sometime." Yoongi just hummed as approval.

They talked a lot, but they did not bring up the most important topic; why Yoonkyu left. It just wasn't the right time to do it yet. Yoongi was not ready. He was not ready to hear what had happened since they had been living alone for so long.

​​​

"You know, my brother would like to meet you," Yoongi said as they were walking to school to use their time for nothing important which could change the course of their lives. "Oh, why?" Hoseok was surprised. "I don't know. Probably to see if you are a bad guy or not," He teased. "Says the one who is most feared one in school," Hoseok had a strong comeback, making Yoongi to fake being offended. They were laughing to their stuff when they finally reached the gates, as always to meet Namjoon and Jungkook waiting there. V and Jimin were too impatient to wait for the two love birds like they always reasoned.

Greetings were exchanged before they headed to cafeteria, as always.

Breaking the routine would not be happening. Like never.

 

Time went by. Days turning to weeks, weeks turning to months. Yoongi had spent time with his friends. 'Did he really have friends?' he often questioned himself. He spent time with Hoseok. He couldn't believe he had boyfriend. But most importantly he spent time with Yoonkyu. His brother who had been gone for so long but was there again. Yoongi had allowed Hoseok to meet Yoonkyu like the latter one has wished.

During the time that had went by Yoongi had finally gathered enough courage to ask why Yoonkyu left.

"Why did you leave? Do you know how much it hurt to understand that you wouldn't be there anymore?" Yoongi's eyes spoke more clearly than his actual words. His tone of voice was calm but his eyes were a mix of feelings - glistering with sadness and confusion but burned with hatred, hatred because his brother left him.

"I got an offer I couldn't decline. I wanted to help you. Our family. But I was not able to come back. I was stuck there," His hyung explained, deep inside hoping that Yoongi would understand. But he did not.

"What job is so important that you would leave your family for it?" Yoongi was furious, he couldn't understand. They got some disapproving looks from other customers when Yoongi raised his voice - right, they were in cafe like always, Yoongi not wanting to bring Yoonkyu to his apartment, his sanctuary.

"I told you, I was not able to come back even if I wanted to." Yoonkyu tried his best to make Yoongi calm down. You have changed so much, little brother. "What job it even was?" Yoongi asked, voice cracking. Something changed in Yoonkyu's eyes but Yoongi didn't know what it was. "I can't tell you," He said while looking down to his hands he had clasped together

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter