Chapter 5

From Single To Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We made it to the cold noodles restaurant. I was anxious to know the reason of Kyuhyun's unhappiness. I quickly place my orders as soon as the waitress arrives at our table. Once she left, I ask back the question, "Now that the movie is over, can you tell me why were you sad when you mentioned you met your friend?"

"Okay. The friend I met was not just an ordinary friend. She was........my ex-girlfriend," Kyuhyun finally spilled it out. I just made an O shape with my mouth. "I can see why you're sad. You didn't want to be reminded of how you broke up with her, right?"

"You could put it that way," said Kyuhyun, sighing.

"Can I go a bit personal here? I hope you don't mind," I requested. Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders and said, "If you must. Go ahead."

"How did you.....break up with her?" I sat back and have my ears all opened to listen to his story. Kyuhyun clears his throat as he begin his story: "We knew each other since our junior year in college. Her eyes twinkles when she looks at you. Her smile was the prettiest smile I ever seen. Back then, I thought she was perfect. One day, I bravely ask her to go out on a date with me and she accepted. We were doing well until the day we had an argument. It was before the day of our 1st anniversary. Believe it or not, we've been dating for one year. She caught me hugging another girl, thinking that I cheated on her. But I didn't. I accidentally fell on her. I tried to tell my girlfriend but she didn't believe me. I also caught her flirting with another guy. When the day of our 1st anniversary came, we had an argument and decided to break up. We didn't get to celebrate our 1st anniversary as a couple together."

I grew fidget on my chair. The noodles have also arrived. But I was too excited to hear the ending to eat a bite. "And so, I never get to talk to her again. After we graduate, we both never hug or congratulate each other. Instead, we go our separate ways, and I never see her again. Until tonig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter