Chapter 4

From Single To Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Our summer break is here! We are free from lectures to enjoy our holidays. Hyojin's boyfriend is in the dorm today. They were snuggling by the couch, watching TV. I didn't want to disturb the couple. I went to my room to read a book. I can still hear them from outside, smooching and chatting. How romantic but distracting. I can't do my reading with all the noise. I can't yell at them either. So, I decided to take a stroll at the park outside until those two lovey dovey couple have finished their date. 

There weren't a lot of people in the park. A good chance for me to read in peace. As I was halfway reading, someone spoke, "____________? Is that you?" I look up from my book and saw Kyuhyun standing right in front of me! "Oh, hi, Kyuhyun," I just greeted shyly. "Do you mind if I sit here? I'm tired from all the jogging," said Kyuhyun. I didn't hestitate. So, I offer him a space to sit. He sat down to wipe his sweat off. "What a lovely day for jogging."

I smiled and went back to my reading. "What are you reading?" asked Kyuhyun. "It's a romance novel. I got it for Christmas last year," I replied. "Can you tell me about the synopsis?" he asked again. I agree and told him what the story was all about. "I hope it's not too boring for you," I said as I pause. "No, it's not. It's interesting. The heroine sound just like you. She couldn't get the special someone. Until one Christmas, she found the guy and they fall in love," said Kyuhyun as he drift away. "It would be interesting if this would come true. I mean, it doesn't have to be on Christmas. It can be any day."

I nodded in silent. Kyuhyun clears his throat and said, "Um, would you like to get an ice cream cone? My treat." I nod my head again. Kyuhyun got up and went to the ice cream stand to order two ice cream cones. In 6 minutes, he returned. He got me chocolate and peppermint flavor for me. I said thanks as I take the cone from his hand. Soon, we were our ice creams as we watch people passing by us. 

"So, ____________, what makes you come out to the park today?"

"Oh, I just need some fresh air. I'm bored staying in the dorm the whole day. What about you? No work today?"

"No. Our boss decides to give us a one week off, since he has to go for a conference in India."

I said it was good and went back to my ice cream. "I want to ask......if you are free tonight, would you like to go to the movies with me?" asked Kyuhyun. "I'm free tonight. And yes, I'd love to come," I replied with a grin. Kyuhyun grinned back at me and said, "Great! I'll pick you up at 7 o'clock. See you later." He got up with his unfinished ice cream and left. I waved good bye to him. My heart suddenly feel a beat. This is the first time a guy has actually asked me out. Could it be......Kyuhyun is the......one?

 

When I came back to my dorm, Hyojin's boyfriend had left. "Hi, ______________. What's with the smile on your face?" Seohyun asked from the kitchen. "Guess what, unnie? Kyuhyun has just asked me out!" I replied with a big grin. The other girls heard me and cheered for me. "It's about time ___________ has a guy to go out with," said Hyoj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter