Unopened // Jeonghan

Seventeen Short and Simple Stories

gif credit


This is it. This is the day Jeonghan has been waiting for. It’s been weeks, hell, it’s probably been a little over a month since the letter from the past arrived. It was dated ten years ago and was addressed to the original owner of the house. His integrity paired with his strong curiosity made it hard for him to ignore it and throw it away like one normally would. He knew in his heart that he had to deliver it; he knew that though the message had nothing to do with him, it may be important to the owner.

Weeks of searching passed by, each information turning out to be a small step of progress each time. He met a couple of people, even phoning old home addresses and companies but all seemed to lead slowly to the letter’s owner. At times he’ll stare at the unopened letter, its edges yellowing from its age. He wondered what message it held; was it something important or was it something completely useless? Maybe, he hoped not, it was all just a prank.

At long last, he stood in front of a door, his heart beating hard against his chest as he listened to the sound of the doorbell ringing throughout the house. The knob turned and the door opened and there stood before him — he was sure, he can feel it — the owner of the letter.

“Are you y/n?”

“Yes,” you confirmed. “What can I do for you?”

The corners of his mouth quirked into a smile, his shoulders shaking as soft laughs escaped his lips. “Finally.” Reaching into his back pocket, he pulled out the small envelope and handed it to you. “I was wondering,” he started, “if you can tell me anything about this letter.”