Fallen // Soonyoung

Seventeen Short and Simple Stories

gif credit


He sat on top of a post, the highest one in the street, watching as you walk back towards your house with a bag of groceries in hand. You looked the same but at the same time not with the empty look in your eyes as if searching for something you did not know and maybe that was the case.

It’s been days since you met with your face as the first thing he remembers seeing. Your eyes were wary and your hands trembled as they hovered over him. He remembers his head pounding and his back stinging and aching but your hands, once placed on his cheek, managed to make all else void. Human warmth was alien but it’s something he would give his world just to experience again.

For days, you cared for him, feeding him and giving him a place to rest. Human food, though it meant nothing, excite him. Watching you prepare it, even after telling him repeatedly that it might not taste good, gave him the feeling that it still probably did. Sometimes, you’d be his feathers, your eyes carefully studying them as though etching every single detail in your brain. If he could, he would blush. If he could, he would feel butterflies in his stomach. Your gentlest touches made him feel safe and cared for, something he did not expect for a human when they see something that’s not of their world, especially when they were told that beings like him only came in white.

And it’s been days since he saw you cry, your hands trembling, holding his tightly. Your voice was pleading, begging for what’s to happen not to happen. But he had to or you will be in danger and that’s the one thing he did not want.

And there you were, continuing your life as if nothing happened as if the days that went by were nothing but a dream.

You got inside your house and placed everything on the counter before going to your room and there, sitting at the top of the bedside table, was a single black feather. Curious, you thought as you went and picked it up not knowing why in the seconds you held it, you felt yourself falling, falling like the tears that fell from your eyes.