Chapter 7

The 13th Floor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Kris! It’s 11.50, sorry I didn’t notice the time. Can you go to the elevator this instant?” I curse under my breath and quickly wrote back “Okay, I’ll see you soon” I grab my phone and my other things that I brought in this world and quickly made my way to the elevator when I was reminded by the room.

                After gathering all my courage, I made my way to the 1313 room. I take deep breaths and open the door with all my might. The door slammed open and immediately regrets are filling inside of me, the smell of that room was unbearable and the sight that I saw was more terrifying and shocking than the smell. A person was hanging down the ceiling with a rope around his neck, I look at the back of the figure and gasp ‘No…. it can’t be. That hair, that shirt…’ I made my way to the figure, ignoring the unbearable smell that’s attacking my nose. As soon as my eyes caught the figure’s face, I dropped down, tears were streaming down my eyes ‘Tao….’ I hugged my old friend’s legs tenderly, afraid I’ll hurt him even though he’s most probably be dead right now. I bawl my eyes out, screaming incoherent words. After spending hours, screaming and crying, both of my voice and tears ran out. I slowly lift my head to see the face of my old friend. His red hair was a mess, his facial hair is also all over the place, dried tears and saliva is also apparent. I look at the dead man’s rolled back eyes and sighed. I hung my head low, ashamed of myself, the man that I hate and thought ran away and hid himself from the world without telling a soul was here all alone. I spent those years, hating on him for leaving but, it wasn’t his fault. It wasn’t a choice he had made. I put my hand over my eyes, feeling those tears welling back up “That weakling spent more than a damn week here, alone…. Figuring all of this note bull all up himself….” I chuckled “He can’t even go to a haunted house without crying….” I looked up again and finally got back up on my feet, I slowly release Tao from the noose. I put him down on the bed and close his eyes “Rest in peace old pal…” I dragged myself away from that room. I went back to my room and on my bed, hugging my knees, depressed. I just stayed that for god knows how long, mourning for the dead of my old friend. I looked at my hand to see that I was holding tightly on the rope, that I didn’t even realize I had brought with me. I looked up to the ceiling “Should I come visit you, old pal?” and right that moment, mirae came into my mind. I smile bitterly and threw away the rope, “I can’t, sorry old pal but, someone’s out there waiting for me and I need to tell her something I should have told her years ago….”

                “Tao…” I quickly made my way to room 1313 and slammed the door opened. I went to the bedroom and saw my old friend sleeping peacefully on the bed, I make my way to him and carried him on my arms “I’m not leaving you here, alone” I was about to go back outside but, I tripped and fell. I curse loudly and look back at my feet to find a book. I scratch my neck and pick up the book, turning it over to see Tao’s horrib

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter