Chapter 5

The 13th Floor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been days since I last heard or read I suppose from Kris, since he went to investigate until now there’s still no sign from Kris. I’m afraid for his well-being but, I can’t stay cooped up on his house all day. I have a life I have to take care of but, I can’t concentrate at my work… it’s just impossible. I decided that I won’t be at Kris tonight, I can’t have a good night sleep there I would just sit and stare at that book all day long. Perhaps I could sleep better if I’m at my place that was what I thought but, I was wrong. It’s worse. I couldn’t stay still I would just sit on the sofa for a moment, stand up, walk over to the door, and back again to the sofa. My mind is filled with him, my work is a mess and I’ve been ignoring minyoung’s calls. I bet she’s getting worried but, she wouldn’t believe me anyway if I told her Kris is stuck somewhere and I’m communicating with him by writing to him on this book. I mean even if I hear myself out I wouldn’t believe myself but, I know Kris is in danger and I need to help him… somehow…

                I sigh and look over the clock ‘2 A.M.’ “I should go to bed… my eyebags are getting worse each day” I look at my bedroom door and groan “I-I can’t I need to see the book” I grab my jacket and purse and quickly went out the door. Honestly I’m stupid for doing this, I could get robbed, killed, but, my mind is just screaming for me to get to Kris as fast as possible. I walk a few steps from my apartment when I realize that I own a car and it’s stupid to walk in the middle of the night like this. I hit my head a few times “Get yourself together Hwang Mirae!” I turn my heels and run back to the apartment. I grab the car keys from my purse and quickly get inside the car. Turning the engine, I’m praying that I wouldn’t get into an accident for driving too fast.

                I arrived 15 minutes later, I quickly entered the apartment, using the spare key I found in kris’s apartment a few days ago when I was cleaning the place. I turn the handle and drop my belongings on the sofa, I walk over to the book and see that it’s still blank. I sigh deeply and lay myself on the couch. I close my eyes and was slowly drifted away to dreamland.

                I wake up in a dark room, I quickly stands up and called for Kris but, I got no response. I scratch my head “This is another dream right?” as soon as I said that, I heard a door creaking open behind me. I turn around to find a slightly open door, I open the door slowly and the sight behind the door shock me beyond believe. I turn around trying to hold in the puke, the stench is unbearable. I gather all my courage and turn back towards the horrid sight, I look at the corpse that’s hanging down the ceiling. His body sway left right and the sound of the rope tightening his neck could be heard. I could see liquid pooling under him, I look over beside it to see a torn book. My mind completely went blank. A guy, hanging down the ceiling, the book. I gasp and quickly put my hand over my face and crouch down the floor, tears were streaming out of my eyes “T-t-that can’t be…. Kris right….”

                I wipe my tears away “No no… it could be someone else…” I let out a big huff and slap my cheeks lightly “Hwang Mirae you could do this….” I walk over towards the hanging body, and walk around it. Now facing the body, I let out a sigh of relieve “It’s not him but…” I turn around and look at the surroundings “Why does this place feels familiar?” I didn’t ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter