The Newspaper Job

Confidence

Image result for sehun gif

Sehun walked through the loud hallway, his backpack half open. Not that it worried him. The girls powdered their nose's, waving at him as he paid them no attention. "Sehun!" He stopped, turning around slowly. There stood the broadcaster of the collage's radio host, Chaeyeon. Sehun looked at her. "I'm really looking forward to this years paper, you always have the best quality". He nodded. Chaeyeon titled her head. "You seem quiet". "R-r-really?" Sehun smiled. "I'm j-j-just tired. That's a-a-all". Chaeyeon nodded. "This is for y-y-you". Sehun pulled out the edited newspaper. "I fi-finished it this-morning". Chaeyeon smiled. "I knew you wouldn't forget". "No. I always r-r-remeber, especially when it's y-y-y-you". She laughed. Sehun had known Chaeyeon for a number of years. Everything she spoke about on the broadcast, was written by him. Sehun was the writer for most things, plays, letters, news. You name it. "Well, I look forward to tommorows". He nodded. Being a journalist was his passion, yes. But, school news wasn't all that. The two stood in silence. "What's with the hockey stick?" Sehun looked at it. "Um. An-n-nother memor-r-ry, to go in the wri-i-iter room". "Do you play?" Sehun nodded. "I u-used too". "There's always time". He nodded again. "We'll, I bet-t-tter get to c-class. I'll see you ar-r-round". Chaeyeon smiled. "Of course. See you". Sehun continued to his locker.

It was quiet. Just how Luhan liked it, but. It was too quiet. The book in his hand was boring and the auditorium was cold. Luhan didn't mind all that much, but sometimes everyday was too much. He packed away his book, getting ready to head to class. The hallway was busy, obviously. Luhan gulped, stepping into the rush hour of collage kids. He looked down, avoiding eye-contact as he walked. "Not now. I ment, the day after that day". He looked up. "What?" "You know". The two boys infront of him were standing in the middle of the hallway. "Excuse me". They looked at him. "What?" "Excuse me. I need to get through". Luhan's whisper's were mostly silent like a mouses. The two boys laughed. "Go on then". He stepped to one side, trying to get through. "Try again". One of the boys said as he stepped in front of him. "Please. I have somewhere to be". "So do alot of people".  There was a sudden flash of light from behind a bench. "Nice". The two boys ran off. Luhan looked at the bench. "Hello?" "Greeting earthling. Good thing I caught your bullies on camera". Luhan watched the kid walk over. "Hi. Who are you?" "The names Minah. You can call me Minah". Luhan smiled. Minah looked at his hand. "Did you get hurt?" "I don't think so". Luhan looked at the scratch on his hand. "Oh". "Don't worry. I'll walk with you to the medi-room". Luhan smiled and followed Minah.

"What do you think?" Sehun looked to one side. "W-w-what?" "The oppotunity suits you best. Sehun, this newspaper could be big, if written by you". Ms. Byun smiled at him. "I d-don't thi-i-ink I c-can". "Why not?" He shrugged. "Dunno". "Dunno? Come on Sehun, you'll get the writers award". "I kn-n-now that. But, Ms. B. I do-o-ont th-i-i-ink that kids will appri-c-cciate my-". "Don't say it. There's nothing wrong with your stutter Sehun. It makes you even more special". Sehun looked at the floor. "I don't t-t-think you ca-ca-can say t-t-that". "Say what?" He looked at her. "Sp-p-pecial". "Sehun. I'm not calling your stutter special, as in a disabilty. I'm using the world bnecause, you are a special member of this school. Everyone reads the school paper". He nodded. "I bet-t-ter get to cl-a-". Ms. Byun nodded and smiled. "If you see Baekhyun on your travels. Tell him to visit me". Sehun nodded as he opened the office door.