Chapter 14: Rainbow.

Safe Place.

Chapter 14: Rainbow.

#03, 02, 01

The last three places on the list were in one. #3 karaoke, #2 restaurant with #1 Rainbow Bridge's sight. Himchan planed a romantic dinner with music and colorful background for the last day in Tokyo with Jongup, but now they were at the hotel and Yongguk and Junhong were having the romantic dinner with the music and colorful background, of course, they didn't expect that, indeed, it was a surprise.

    The restaurant was on top of a skyscraper with large windows with full view of the sky and the Rainbow Bridge before them.

    “This place looks really fancy” Junhong said in astonishment, Himchan had fancy taste though; he always chose the best places to eat and the best things to eat.

    “It's been a long day, I suppose this is my favorite place, it’s quiet and beautiful” Yongguk said looking out the window.

    The bridge and its lights seemed a giant rainbow.

    “Good evening” a waitress offered menus to each of them.

    “There are so many dishes I've never heard of” Junhong said, impressed.

    “You can’t have it all; except that you want to spend years washing dishes to pay”

    “You can be a real killjoy sometimes, hyung” Junhong said.

    “I'm not and to show you let's order exotic senses

    “That sounds exotic” Junhong said.

 

    The waitress said exotic senses was going to take one hour, so gave them free drinks as they waited at the bar. The night's entertainment was live karaoke, a professional orchestra played songs the customers wanted to sing, most people sang japanese and american songs.

    “Hyung, you should sing”

    “You should sing”

    “I'm not good like you”

    “I'm not good either”

    “You have a nice voice, manly and smooth”

    “I'm not gonna sing” Yongguk felt his cheeks turning red like a tomato.

    “Let's flip a coin”

    “Good luck with that, you don't have a coin” Yongguk laughed as he drank his drink.

    “Hey, lady, do you have any coin that I can borrow from you?” Junhong asked the old woman sitting next to him.

    The old lady smiled and gave him a penny from her purse. Junhong faced Yongguk with a playful smile.

    “Heads or tails?”

    “I'm not going to play”

    “Me heads, you tails” Junhong tossed the coin “Oh my, it's tails!!!”

    “I don't believe you” Yongguk tried taking a look, but Junhong covered the coin with his hand.

    “It's tails, you have to sing” Junhong said and gave the coin back to its owner.

    “I won't”

    “Please, please, please, sing, sing, sing, sing to me, sing, sing”

    “I will not, I am not going to, no way, never”

    “I expect everybody is having a delightful evening” a woman said from the stage “and remember, you can ask for any song you want to listen or any song you want to sing”

    “Over here, my friend wants to sing!!!” Junhong said forgetting the good manners and pointing at Yongguk who wanted to be swallowed up by the earth.

    “Great, please, come on stage” the woman said eagerly as the public applauded.

    “I will kill you Choi Junhong” Yongguk said as a waitress grabbed him by the arm and dragged him to the stage.

    Yongguk felt like fainting at any point, but he kept it together, it wasn't his first time performing for strangers, but he focused on Junhong, his safe place. The maknae was excited for listening to him. Yongguk felt he could sing instead of fainting because of that.

    “Sir, what's your song of choice?” the pianist asked.

    “Dear Life by Anthony Hamilton

    “It's a good one, sir” the man talked to the orchestra and they started playing.

    “Oh my babe, oh my love... Early was the morn, flowers filled with dew, I became somebody through loving you, softly as a child, born in natural rain, I predict the seasons to go unchanged...”

    Yongguk's voice was manlier and smoother than Junhong ever listened to, his heart beat faster with every word sung by Yongguk. Their eyes met, Yongguk looked right through him...

    “Hold on dear life, don't go off running from what's new, I became somebody through loving you...”

    The song ended, everybody applauded, of course, they did. Yongguk returned to Junhong, running, he was out of breath and his hands were shaking, at first he was so ashamed and nervous he thought he could die, it was a miracle he survived.

    “Sorry for making you to go on stage when you didn’t want to” Junhong said.

    “Are you kidding me?” Yongguk said, annoyed “I'm glad you made me, I really like that song and singing, I haven't done that for a while”

    “What?” Junhong mumbled, startled, he thought Yongguk hated him, but he was thanking him.

    “I can do anything because of you... guys, all of you...” Yongguk smiled and put his hand on Junhong's.

    “Excuse me, the dinner is ready” the waitress said “I'll take you to your table”

    They followed her to a small room where the food was served on a table for two.

    Yongguk and Junhong took sit while the woman left the room, they were going to eat, then the lights turned off.

    “What is this?” Junhong asked in shock.

    “I think the menu we ordered it's about the removal of the vision to enhance the other senses” Yongguk said.

    “That's why it's called exotic senses? I thought it's about exotic food like worms, birds... penguins? Not having food in the dark!!!”

    “I know right” Yongguk said and thought Oh, hell, I was trapped with Junhong at that janitor's closet and now I'm trapped with Junhong in the dark? This is going to kill me for real. The feelings I've been feeling all day, I can't... Ok, I just have to eat fast and leave.

    Yongguk reached his hand looking for the fork or spoon or whatever, he didn't care if he had to use his hand, he just wanted to eat and leave and go back to Seoul and talk to his therapist, but he grabbed Junhong's hand.

    He had grabbed Junhong's hand so many times, he could sense it and feel it and distinguish it.

    “Hyung, are you ok? Try the crab cakes, I think they're crab cakes, they're delicious, have sweet and spicy taste” Junhong said in the dark.

    Junhong is so chill, I'm the only who's having these feelings. Yongguk thought.

    “Here” Junhong reached out his hand and punched Yongguk's eye.

    “It hurt!”

    “Did I hit you? I just wanted you to try the crab”

    “I'm fine” Yongguk said as the crab's finger hit him close to his eye and not inside the eye.

    “Hyung?” Junhong asked as he felt Yongguk’s fingers running on his lower lip.

    Yongguk had touched Junhong’s lips by accident so many times he knew that feeling. The younger’s lips were soft and silky and made him to want to kiss them. The dark really enhanced the senses, even if it was wrong, Junhong was the forbidden fruit Yongguk wanted to try badly right there, but… no…

 

Later, all the B.A.P's members gathered in the airport and took the flight back to home; they had a lot of thinking. Youngjae needed to organize something amazing and great for his anniversary with Daehyun. Daehyun needed to make something romantic to inspire Youngjae to make something romantic back. Himchan wanted to take cooking classes with Jongup. Jongup wanted to play Digimon World: Next Order, Super Mario Odyssey, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, etc. Yongguk had to talk to his therapist about his feelings for certain someone... and certain someone had to talk about Yongguk to his friends.

   

Bang Yongguk rapped about anthony hamilton on rewind (blue), don’t know his fave songs, but dear life suits this story.

you can listen to Bang Yongguk singing ordinary people by john legend here http://sweetbrunch.tumblr.com/tagged/john-legend to make an idea of him singing