Swerve

Titanic

Kyungsoo slowly opened the door to Chanyeol's studio. His friend was sitting in front of this big computer screen, with equipment around, he's wearing this big headphones while sitting on his chair and lightly tapping his fingers on the table.

"Chanyeol..." Kyungsoo spoke but it was almost a whisper behind Chanyeol who was busy listening to some music. Kyungsoo tried again by poking his shoulder.

"Chanyeol..."

Chanyeol looked up at where Kyungsoo was and he was not smiling at all. He looked rather annoyed. He slowly took off his headphones and pulled an extra chair out for Kyungsoo to sit on.

"Sit down." Chanyeol offered.

"You look weird." Kyungsoo expressed before sitting on the chair.

"Someone triggered me to be like this." Chanyeol answered. Kyungsoo frowned at this and he was about to ask the other why but he spoke first. "Come closer." Kyungsoo watched Chanyeol hover his mouse on his computer's files until he finally clicked on one and a media player popped up. "Listen to this."

"Is this a new song you're working on?" Chanyeol didn't answer, instead he gently placed the headphones on Kyungsoo and clicked play. As usual, Kyungsoo would listen seriously to anything Chanyeol makes. He'd smile if he liked it. He'd frown if something felt wrong. But most of the time, it's just his poker face that shows. Despite that, Chanyeol is thankful that Kyungsoo listens and gives feedback. Chanyeol was supposed to be upset at Kyungsoo but while he watched him listen to his song with eyes closed, a corner of his lips raised up slightly, the frown on his forehead eased, he couldn't resist giving in and just forget what made him upset. Until the song was done, Chanyeol was just there watching Kyungsoo and both of them looked satisfied.

"How was it?" Chanyeol asked trying not to look over-excited.

"This one's really good! I forgot I got headache." Kyungsoo smiled.

"Really?" He responded still calm. 

"Yeah. I think soon enough we'll be able to release this, sing this as a group! We just have to let the producers listen to this."

"Ah, but I only want you to sing this one." Chanyeol looked shy.

"Huh? Nooo.. You know we do not have solo songs in our albums yet. We haven't planned about that yet."

"Then I'll wait for that time when I can finally produce my own songs and then you'll sing for me. Okay?"

"Pssh.. Is this why you asked me to come? To agree on some of your future terms as a producer?" Kyungsoo laughed at this. Sometimes, it's really amusing Kyungsoo how hopeful Chanyeol can be like nothing is impossible.

"I'm serious though. You know I'm working really hard to create songs that EXO can sing proudly." Chanyeol replied and he looked upset at Kyungsoo's reaction.

"Hey..." Kyungsoo lifted Chanyeol's face that was already looking down. "I'm sorry I laughed. Your song was really good and if you feel that this is going to make it's way to one of our albums one day, then I support you." 

"Really?"

"You're acting like you're way younger than I am." Kyungsoo's answers were indirect but Chanyeol understood it anyway.

"Sing it for me, okay?"

"Why me? Jongdae or Baekhyun can sing it for you."

"I want you." Chanyeol's eyes were burning with conviction.

"What if I won't?"

"You just said you'd support me."

Kyungsoo got caught and he cannot find a way out.

"I'll think about it."

"Say yes already."

"It's not even happening yet."

"Just say yes." Chanyeol went closer to Kyungsoo. "Yes? Yes?" If Chanyeol was a cute puppy, he'd be wagging his tail at that moment already.

"Aiiisshh... Ok. I'll do it." Kyungsoo finally gave in and lifted up both his hands to act as if he's surrendering to the police. Chanyeol smirked to this.

"One more thing..." Chanyeol continued. He went even closer to Kyungsoo now such that their knees were already touching. "Stay away from Jongin."

"What???" Kyungsoo moved back a bit. "I mean I'm not getting any closer to Jongin anymore but you sound like I shouldn't be near Jongin ever anymore. You know it's impossible to stay away from any member right?"

"It's possible! If he comes near you, come to me. Hide from him. If he dances near you, ignore him. Dance as if he's not there. Just talk to me during ments. And that acoustic session on our upcoming concert, stay closer to me. Do you understand?" Silence. Kyungsoo was waiting for Chanyeol to explain.

"Because I'm afraid that you're getting close to him again and you'll end up..."

"End up hurt again? I'm not getting close with him again, Park Chanyeol. What the hell made you say that?" Kyungsoo looked disappointed.

"Yes you are, Kyungsoo... Last night you--" Chanyeol stopped when it hit him. Kyungsoo cannot remember what happened last night?

"What happened last night?" There was silence. "Park Chanyeol, what happened last night?" Chanyeol was struggling within himself if he should say it or not. If Jongin cannot remember this either, it's best if no one knows but me. As if nothing happened.

"Ya! Tell meee!!" Kyungsoo's voice was slightly louder now.

"You... You...j-just talked to Jongin.. Two of you only..."

"What? We did? What did we talk about??" Kyungsoo was already standing up and he was in a panic.

"I didn't hear b-but... I bet that was just nothing Kyungsoo so don't think about it anymore."

"Heol... I may have said some things to him that I shouldn't have said. I should go talk to him and ask..." Kyungsoo was about to leave the room but Chanyeol held his hand and stopped him.

"No! You don't need to talk to him about last night. Really.. It was just nothing. I saw you both make a toast and drank Soju and ..w-we left. I helped you go home because apparently, you were drunk."

"I WAS DRUNK? I WAS D-DRUNK. How? That's why I cannot remember how I got home... if I was drunk, who knows what I said to Jongin last night!!" Kyungsoo still could not calm down.

"Trust me, Kyungsoo." Chanyeol blurted out but it felt really heavy inside him. He's lying to Kyungsoo. "It's not a big deal. You do not need to confront Jongin about it anymore. Just act like you don't remember anything... well.. you really don't so just stop the curiosity, okay?" Chanyeol was already standing up, his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders and tapping his arm, trying to calm him down.

"Thanks, Chanyeol. Was that the favor you did for me last night that I had to repay by listening to your new song?"

"Uhm.. Yeah." Chanyeol answered. He lied. He was not talking about that. He's pertaining to the kiss. Kyungsoo didn't know that it was Chanyeol who led him to Jongin that night. He didn't know Chanyeol wanted them to talk to end things. He didn't know Chanyeol was hoping that the confrontation will finally stop Kyungsoo from hoping there's still a chance for KaiSoo to be a real thing. He didn't know they kissed because of Chanyeol's wrong move. It was a favor for Kyungsoo, that is if he remembered. But he didn't. And Chanyeol couldn't thank the alcohol enough for erasing Kyungsoo's memory. Now, he just had to make sure Jongin forgot about it, too.