Failure to Recover

Titanic

The boys were in the middle of a chaotic dinner. They ate and talked like they won't see each other anymore. They talked about their tour that just ended, their comeback, and the upcoming concert. They shared stories to the members about their solo or duo trips. It was a night of catching up. Besides, with their comeback nearing, they didn't have time to be as carefree as that night when they can eat whatever they wanted so they made the best out of it. Everyone seemed to be having fun except for one person.

"Hey Jongin, is there something wrong with your phone?" Chen asked Kai who has been checking his phone every minute.

"What?" He responded with a confused look and a bit startled. "No. I'm not checking my phone."

"Yes you are." Chen insisted pointing his chopsticks to Kai's phone lying on the table beside Kai's plate.

"No hyung. You're just imagining things." He then hid his phone inside his pocket. A few seconds later and Kai's phone rang with a ringtone loud enough for Lay, Baekhyun, Chen and Suho to hear. All five of them looked at him in surprise.

"Ohhh... Our Jongin here is finally making use of his phone because he's got a girlfriend." Baekhyun and the rest of the members halted their chat and looked at Kai. Kai wasn't able to react to this, instead he answered the call while he was still sitting down.

"Soojung-ah!" Kai raised his voice as if on purpose. Everyone heard an "Oppa!" on the other line. No one noticed it but Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow upon hearing it and proceeded on poking left-over side dishes on his plate. Was his phone on loud speakers? Tsch.

"Go take your call outside." Suho said tapping Kai's right shoulder and pulling him up. "We can't let the others here hear your private conversation with Krystal-ssi."

Kai stood up giving Suho an ok sign while saying "Hey, I'm glad you called". He immediately ran outside of the hall and went somewhere private and quiet. The members didn't hear the part when Krystal answered, "What? You asked me to call you. Is there an emergency?" And Kai smiled to himself embarrassed. 

Meanwhile, the others continued to chat and drink alcohol. "Just for tonight" Suho said permitting the rest of the members a while ago to drink. "Tomorrow, let's have a good rest and we'll be taking on series of schedules again the following day."

After a few, no, there were many empty bottles of soju on the table already-

"I'm so glad we're able to do this again. It felt like forever." Lay said. 

"Is that alcohol speaking?" Xiumin said and laughed.

"Naaah.. I'm serious hyung!" Lay answered swaying his head from side to side. Xiumin thought this was Lay's cutest behavior when drank and his deep dimples were showing while he was smiling with eyes closed.

"I agree with him though." Chen said. "I'm sobber by the way." Everyone had small laughs and went quiet for a few minutes - like they were treasuring this moment they longed for, like they cannot believe how far they've come, like they're thankful that most of them still chose to stay in the group and promised to be together forever. They may not be EXO anymore when they grow old but they promised to stay friends and when that time comes, they will thank themselves they had precious moments like this aside from concerts, fansigns, performances, interviews and other projects.The atmosphere felt heavy and anyone could burst in tears any moment but no one did. Until...

"I love you guys." Everyone had their fill of alcohol enough to make them dizzy with heavy eyes but this one statement woke their spirits up. Everyone recognized that deep voice just now was Do Kyungsoo - a person they know isn't very vocal with his feelings and who'd rather stay quiet most of the time. 

Kyungsoo didn't notice their reaction then he did something even crazier.

He looked at Baekhyun. "Love you, Baekhyun-hyung."

He looked at Lay. "Love you, Lay-hyung."

He looked at Sehun. "Love you, brat. Ah, our maknae..."

He looked at Suho. "Love you, Suho-hyung. Ah, and thank you..."

He looked at Chen. "Love you, Jongdae-hyung."

He looked at Xiumin. "I know we're both shorties but we should love ourselves..and I love you, Xiumin-hyung."

He looked at Chanyeol. "My bestfriend..." He placed his right hand on Chanyeol's left cheek. Suddenly, there were butterflies in Chanyeol's full stomach. "Love you, Chanyeora." Chanyeol forgot the previous 'Love you's and pretended it was only him who received it that night. He was so happy looking at Kyungsoo eye-to-eye while the others were super shocked and speechless. But Chanyeol's happiness didn't last long when Kyungsoo blurted one last line of his "Love You-spree".

Kyungsoo put down his hand to his lap. While looking at the door behind Suho he said, "And that guy outside... I love him, too... So much...so much it's hurting me."

"What???" Lay asked looking very confused. Chanyeol panicked at this and whispered to Kyungsoo.

"Ya.. You're drunk. Do you wanna go home now?" He asked

"Heyyyyy our Do Kyungsoo is being really mushy and sweet right now. Let's toast to thaaaaaaat!!!" Baekhyun seemed pleased, took his glass and initiated a toast. Chanyeol wasn't sure of it but it seemed like Baekhyun was distracting the members from what they just heard. Whatever, he was thankful Baekhyun is always a happy positive human being. Everyone followed him to do a toast, some where already struggling to stand up, some pretending to be sobber, and there was Kyungsoo who can barely manage to lift his glass. Thanks to Chanyeol, he was able to stand up and do a toast with the members. 

"WE ARE - " Suho raised his voice, his eyes were half open but the glow was there.

"ONE!" Everyone responded.

"EXO!-"

"SARANGHAJAAAA" As if they were in a concert. They all looked crazily happy. They were laughing, some sat back and some were left standing consuming their drink. It was chaotic! But Chanyeol was already sobber and he noticed Kyungsoo walking away from his seat. 

"Ya! Where are you going?" He's surprised that the person who can barely lift his arm earlier was able to still stand up and walk like that. He grabbed Kyungsoo's left arm but he removed it.

"I need to make a toast with him, too" Kyungsoo replied walking behind Chanyeol and heading straight to the door.

He lost it. What should I do?