His First Aid

Titanic

Just a few minutes left and the VCR playing in the big LED screens of the Olympic Gymnastics Arena is about to end. All EXO members gathered to form a circle for last minute reminders. All of them have their game-face mode on, breathing in and out to relax, shaking their hands and feet and cracking their necks left and right. No one thinks of their personal problems tonight. It's just EXO and the EXO-Ls. Their hands gathered on top of the other's on Suho's signal and after they shouted "Fighting!!!", they went behind the big LED screen which soon opened and EXO was finally out to see the audience. EXO can hear the fans screaming so loud and they knew they had to do their best to give them the best show for their first day of EXOrDIUM. Indeed, the first day of the concert was epic. Their preparations were all worth it. The loud music filled up the whole arena. Things went as planned. EXO were professionals on stage. But when it came to parts when it was "fun" time, there was no stopping EXO from playing around.

The first day of the concert was done successfully. All the members were quite satisfied but of course, the thirst to do more and improve and do things they haven't done yet on the first day was there. 

"Aww, I can't wait for tomorrow!" Baekhyun exclaimed while in the van on their way back to the dormitory.

"Me, too!!! The fans were so hyped I wanna see them again!" Chanyeol added. The members agreed to this by nodding. Obviously, they're tired but they were smiling.

"Don't we deserve a good meal today?" Xiumin almost hums.

"You're sleepy but you still think of food?" Chen laughs at him. The others, too, but they all sounded tired so they went fast asleep inside the vehicle.

When they got home, the members washed up and headed straight to bed.

Kyungsoo was climbing up to his bed when Chanyeol, who was almost asleep, said, "Kyungsoo-ah! Be careful in climbing up, we don't want accidents while we're on this concert series."

"I knooow. Tell Jongin that." Kyungsoo chuckled.

"Hyung!" Kai wanted to rebut but then he felt more guilty than wanting to defend himself from the last concert's accidents. "You're right... I've caused you trouble helping me out during concerts. I do not want to trouble you again." He continued, his lips formed a little pout.

"Aigoo, there he goes again." Kyungsoo said while lying down and stretching his legs and arms. "You know why I helped you... I was always there, looking out for you..." He added smiling to himself like those were all good memories not hurting him much like they used to. "Today's concert was great and you didn't injure yourself so..." Kyungsoo yawned.

"Thanks hyung." Kai said.

"For?" Kyungsoo's voice is fading.

"Two days ago, you made Krystal visit me. It really boosted me up." He answered smiling.

"I knew it will."

"And I'm sorry... for everything..."

"Let's just forget about it."

"You don't remember it." And Kai blushed upon the memory. "Ugh! This is so embarrassing!" He hid himself under his blanket.

"Haha! I'm glad I don't!" Though Kyungsoo's eyes were heavy, he did laugh at the thought but he can't deny to himself he wished he remembered. He's staring at the ceiling and realized things do happen for a reason and what happened to Kai must be something that made him realize what he used to have and lost, but what and who he has now aren't things to regret about either. Kai's brief phase of confusion and mess made Kyungsoo realize what he wanted for him and what he wanted for himself. Both of them may still be recovering but he's confident he'll get over this. Plus, he thinks someone's trying to help him. Before he even thinks more about it, he's fallen asleep.

-----

It's the second day of EXOrDIUM and all of the members were as energetic as yesterday. And when there's too much energy on Kai, it resulted to untying the silk-cloth ribbon around his neck. And when it was time to sit down for the acoustic segment to start, he just couldn't figure out how to tie it back. After a few attempts, like an instinct, he automatically asked Kyungsoo to help him out. Like an instinct, too, Kyungsoo tied the ribbon for Kai. Kai made brief glances at Kyungsoo who was focused to do his job right and he thought, I missed you, hyung. But he caught someone making brief glances at them, too and when they made eye contact, he couldn't help but smile and think, Hyung, you do deserve someone who can take care of you like how you take care of me. I hope you notice it soon and when you do, don't be a coward like me. His line of thought was cut when Kyungsoo was done with the ribbon and they both faced back to the audience. The acoustic medley segment then started and Kai grabbed this opportunity to watch Kyungsoo sing, listen to his beautiful deep voice and witness him bring the microphone up to Chanyeol who's playing the guitar. The exchange of smiles was wonderful between Kyungsoo and Chanyeol but it pinched his heart a bit. 

It's Day 2 of the concert and even though it's just a re-run, the members still felt nervous on stage. Mistakes can sometimes happen, and so can accidents. Indeed, the concert was just a few songs away to its ending when Kai hurt himself. He was limping and went off the stage. But the show had to go on. It was only when the concert was done that the members finally got to talk to Kai.

"Kim Jongin!" A deep furious voice was heard first when the door to the dressing room opened. His breathing was heavy and Kai knew he ran as fast as he could all the way to him.

"Hyung!" Kai answered like a scared puppy, his foot already had first aid on.

"Aish!" Kyungsoo brushed his hair up at the sight of an injured Kim Jongin.

"Jongin, why didn't you head straight to the hospital?" Chanyeol asked calmly though he was catching his breath, too, for running.

"I thought I could still go up there. There's the first aid anyway." He answered.

"That won't do. The hospital can still accommodate him now right?" Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol and he hated how the smaller guy looked so worried and scared.

"Yes, of course." Chanyeol assured Kyungsoo. He pats his head. "I'm sure the manager's taking care of it." He smiled and hoped this will make Kyungsoo feel a bit better.

"I'm sorry hyung. I should have been more careful." Kai said and he felt really terrible. The rest of the members came in and we're worried, too. However, they knew they just have to cheer up Kai now because what was done is done and the least they want is Kai depressed over this.

Kai was brought to the hospital. The internet immediately knew about his accident and Krystal was no exception. She sent him a message before planning to visit him. Kai told her to just wait for him to be released from the hospital so the media won't swarm over them while they're out in the public. Krystal understood this and promised to visit her boyfriend as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, the members went home trying their best not to be too bothered about the accident. They trust that Kai will be okay when he said he thinks it's not too serious. But Kyungsoo just can't calm his thoughts. And Chanyeol notices this. They were in the bedroom, Kyungsoo standing by the window beside Kai's bed, Chanyeol sitting on his bed.

"Ya! Kyungsoo-ah... Stop worrying already, your face looks horrible." Chanyeol started joking around.

"I don't care. Jongin looked more horrible." Kyungsoo answered. "Go to sleep, Chanyeol." When Chanyeol realized how affected Kyungsoo is, he decided that joking around might not do any good this time. So he got up and went behind Kyungsoo. He slowly wrapped his arms around him which startled the other.

"Chanyeol..." Kyungsoo doesn't notice but his face turned from worried sick to warm bright red.

"Stop worrying, please?" He lowered his head to Kyungsoo's ears and whispered. "He'll be fine."

"Hm..." Kyungsoo froze and all he could muster to respond was a hum.

"Now, can we go to sleep?" He continued to whisper. Kyungsoo's confused if Chanyeol's voice was just gentle or there's something more but he's never gotten this close to him before, not even whispering like this to him before and it's causing him to feel weird.

"Y-you sleep first." Kyungsoo struggled to talk and his hands fidgeted. 

"I'm not sleeping if you're not." Chanyeol said pouting a bit. "Please?"

"Ahh.. Fine." Kyungsoo escaped from Chanyeol and because he was in a panic, he hit the corner of Kai's bed causing him to curse. Chanyeol laughed at this.

"What's so funny? I just hurt myself!" Kyungsoo frowned and continued walking towards his bed.

"Are you still worried about Jongin?" Chanyeol asked watching Kyungsoo panic.

"Of course yes." An immediate answer from Kyungsoo who was already climbing up to his bed.

"I'll sleep beside you if you want." Chanyeol smirks.

"NO!" Kyungsoo almost misses the last step to his bed. Good thing he was able to land on his bed before he falls but he looked clumsy and ...cute and Chanyeol laughs at him. "Sleep on your bed now, Chanyeol. We have a concert to do tomorrow. Good night." And Kyungsoo hid himself under his blanket, biting his lips and trying to shake away his weird thoughts that he didn't hate.